Sign in to follow this  

Data in nemesis

why they have to kill him? why doesnt he destroy the thing then beam back with picard? easy!

He was so fat at the time he couldn't move fast enough?

It true what Kor said Brent felt he was getting too old and his figure (weight) changed too much to keep playing Data, and he was right

no, it's different.

It was Brent to want to sacrifice Data.

He felt himself too old and he didn't suffer the make-up.

But I didn't agree with this horrible final.

I would have written a better end.

no, it's different.

It was Brent to want to sacrifice Data.

He felt himself too old and he didn't suffer the make-up.

But I didn't agree with this horrible final.

I would have written a better end.

Maybe that's what's bugging so many of us. It's not the fact there was an end, but a sucky end.

Data could've kept going in future movies. They could say he has a program that ages his skin and gives him wrinkles. :nono:

Data could've kept going in future movies. They could say he has a program that ages his skin and gives him wrinkles. :batman:

Apparently, this program also expands his waistline....... :nono:

Data could've kept going in future movies. They could say he has a program that ages his skin and gives him wrinkles. :batman:

Apparently, this program also expands his waistline....... :yahoo:

No you didn't! :laugh:

They could have gotten another actor to play Data. Just say he changed his appearance.

A new face, kinda like Dr. Who lol.

They could have gotten another actor to play Data. Just say he changed his appearance.

Ooh yeah...a younger, hotter Data! I'd've been down with that! Shoot--they could've come with an entirely new android. I understand that Soong was some uber-genius, but I think by now they would've learned to make more Soong-type androids. I mean, c'mon y'all!

Ooh yeah...a younger, hotter Data! I'd've been down with that! Shoot--they could've come with an entirely new android. I understand that Soong was some uber-genius, but I think by now they would've learned to make more Soong-type androids. I mean, c'mon y'all!

Actually B-four was the only one created and available...and I hate him. Why? Cause now Picard would have to start all over again in training B-four to be human like he did with Data.

And no, I still havent recovered from the ending of ST Nemisis...

I dislike B4 also I mean no way could that android become like Data. I think they would have made a android because wasn't someone working on that and tried to get data disassembled in measure of a man. and later on Data sent him some diaries in Data's Day.

yes, but B4 is so stupid that he cannot use them...

Unless of course someone else figures out how to make a positronic matrix and can upgrade B4.

B4 may get Data's level of intelligance but since he was made even before Lore then B4 will have to be majorly upgraded before he will be as good as Data it is like trying to use Windows 95 to use a very advanced game thst can only be used on XP

But his brain is synthetic I know nanites evolved but I can't see a positronic net evolving the sheer science behind it would have been to complex for soong

Let me preface with the fact that Data is one of my favorite characters.

Now, that being said...I loved Nemesis, including the ending. Data's selfless act was so human...and then to show a glimmer of his memory in B-4 was great. To whomever said he should have run away, the explosion was instantaneous...it was impossible for him to run. His death had meaning and was necessary, as has been mentioned, due to Brent's age. While Nemesis has a goofy opening sequence with backwards letters, the further the movie progresses the better it gets, in my opinion. I would honestly not have the ending in any other way. It brings tears to my eyes every time and that's part of what I love about it...how it affected me and continues to affect me to this day.

im thinking that b4 was one of the orginal 3 that sufferd cascade (no clue if im spelling that right) failure and was hot wired to move think if a human sufferd a massive stroke b4 sadly is stuck forever as a basic atomaton he can move and speak. But he will never be as data was or even lore his damaged brain wont let him

But his brain is synthetic I know nanites evolved but I can't see a positronic net evolving the sheer science behind it would have been to complex for soong

Remember, for the nanites an entire generation might last a couple minutes.