Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Superman Returns......but why!

was anybody else disappointed with Superman Returns, IMO I think they should of rebooted the Superman series from the beginning , I just wasnt too thrilled with the film and plot and Superman fathering a kid

I would of liked to see the franchise rebooted like they did with Batman and leave the Reeves Film as a Tribute to him

whats your take?

I'm <_<

i think your right. i mean to me superman returns didn't really "wow" me as i thought i'd be. besides feeling robbed of the 20 bucks i spent to see it, it was a waste of time to see it. but seeing how smallville has the episodes for season 7 underway showing how clark finally wearing the uniform, it would of been better to see in this movie just like in batman begins.

I mean I bought the DVD but I have all Super hero movies, it wasnt a horrible movie <cough Catwomen> I was just disappointed with what was presented, I feel a reboot like Batman was the way to go with the franchise

I did like Superman's new suit in it

Edited by dragonwrangler95

The Super-Hero movie I'm looking forward to the most is "Iron Man". I can't wait for this movie to come out!

There is a huge flaw with the movie - and I am not just talking about Superman lifting a continent-sized chunk of Kryptonite. It is much more basic than that: There is no way that Lois Lane could give birth to Superman's kid.

First of all, it was not established before this that Kryptonian and Human DNA is compatible. Even if it was, the child could only be conceived in a laboratory - and Lois would remember that.

But assuming a natural conception could take place anyway, there is no way Lois could carry it to term. It would kill her trying. As soon as she walks outside and the sun's yellow rays - the source of Superman's power - strike her belly it will give Superbaby / Superfetus / Superunviabletissuemass / whatever you want to call it the strength to kick right through her uterus.

But assuming a natural conception could take place anyway, there is no way Lois could carry it to term. It would kill her trying. As soon as she walks outside and the sun's yellow rays - the source of Superman's power - strike her belly it will give Superbaby / Superfetus / Superunviabletissuemass / whatever you want to call it the strength to kick right through her uterus.

I've always felt the same way. The first time the baby would kick, Lois would be dead.

One sperm arrives before the others. It penetrates the egg, forms a lump on it's surface, the cell wall now thickens to prevent other sperm From entering. Within the now-fertilized egg, changes take place...

And ten million kryptonian sperm arrive slightly late.

Were they human sperm, they would be out of luck. But these tiny blind things are more powerful than a locomotive. A thickened cell wall won't stop them. They will *all* enter the egg, obliterating it entirely in an orgy of microscopic gang rape.

Or

Within her body there are still tens of millions of frustrated kryptonian sperm. The single egg is now too diffuse to be a target. The sperm scatter.

They scatter without regard to what is in their path. They leave curved channels, microscopically small. Presently all will have found their way to the open air.

That leaves Lois with several million microscopic perforations all leading deep into her abdomen. Most of the channels will intersect one or more loops of intestine.

Peritonitis is inevitable. Lois becomes desperately ill.

Meanwhile, tens of millions of sperm swarm in the air over Metropolis.

This is more serious than it looks.

Consider: these sperm are virtually indestructible. Within days or weeks they will die for lack of nourishment. Meanwhile they cannot be affected by heat, cold, vacuum, toxins, or anything short of kryptonite. There they are, minuscule but dangerous; for each has supernormal powers.

Metropolis is shaken by tiny sonic booms. Wormholes, charred by meteoric heat, sprout magically in all kinds of things: plate glass, masonry, antique ceramics, electric mixers, wood, household pets, and citizens. Some of the sperm will crack lightspeed. The Metropolis night comes alive with a network of narrow, eerie blue lines of Cherenkov radiation.

And women whom Superman has never met find themselves in a delicate condition.

Consider: Whenever one sperm approaches an unfertilized human egg in its panic flight, it will attack.

How close is close enough? A few centimeters? Are sperm attracted by chemical cues? It seems likely. Metropolis had a population of millions; and kryptonian sperm could travel a long and crooked path, billions of miles, before it gives up and dies.

Several thousand blessed events seem not unlikely.

Several thousand lawsuits would follow. Not that Superman can't afford to pay. There's a trick where you squeeze a lump of coal into its allotropic diamond form...

maybe this, since the baby was in the womb and not exposed to the yellow sun it didnthave superpowers until then, and why does it have to be a superbaby, it coul of taken on the mother traits

Damn movie pissing me off and I am watching Daredevil on FX not Superman returns

I always thought that she was able to have a baby because Clark lost his powers for a while on Superman 2.

Thats a good point. If they conceived while Clark was without powers, then she would have received non-super sperm. If so, then maybe the baby wouldn't gain powers until after it was born.

But that means Superman 2 and 3 and 4 would have to happen right after each other and then Superman take off for his search of Krypton immediately after. It also means Lex would have to come up for parole for all of his crimes within that 5 year period.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

But that means Superman 2 and 3 and 4 would have to happen right after each other and then Superman take off for his search of Krypton immediately after. It also means Lex would have to come up for parole for all of his crimes within that 5 year period.

This is the comic book world. Luthor always gets off. In the comic books, despite all of his crimes, Lex Luthor still becomes the President of the United States!

Why is it in all of this Kryptonian sperm is 1000 times stronger than human sperm? I read somewhere that the reason Superman is so strong and invulnerable is because the atoms in the skin cells are arranged in such a way that they are super dense, so kryptonian sperm wouldn't be 1000 times stronger than human sperm and shoot through lois like an armour piercing bullet going through jelly. However how the conception itself took place is beyond me.

I read somewhere that the reason Superman is so strong and invulnerable is because the atoms in the skin cells are arranged in such a way that they are super dense,

I have never heard or read that anywhere. If true, its because of the solar radiation from the yellow sun that makes them that way.

actually it's due to Kryptons high gravity that makes him strong, able to fly, move fast and invulnerable

Thats not true. If it was, why couldn't he do that stuff under a red sun? Its been pretty much established in the comic books that his powers come from the solar radiation from a yellow sun.

His powers aren't given to him by the sun, they're powered by the sun. Kryptonians gather in the solar radiation and store similar to how humans eat food but on a grander scale with flying and red energy beams (I refuse to call it laser vision because it's impossible)

we talked to much about Sperm in this topic.....but the having the child while Clark was without his powers in Superman 2 makes alot of sense, I forgot about that!

Movie still sucked IMO

I come up with good ideas in my sleep, good dreams I can remember, I had a good angle come into my head about a Cena vs. Austin Storyline for the WWE

anyway I had a sweet drem in how to do the Suoerman Doonsday storyling into a movie, I would use the current cast used in Superman returns with Michael Chiklis playing Doomsday I think doing the whole death and rebirth of Superman would draw huge @ the Box Office, I mean it set Comic book sales for a comic and character that was stale

another name I thought of to play doomsday is Bill Goldberg, but I always have doubts when you put a wrestler into a main movie role

I don't know if the death and rebirth of superman would be successful on the big screen, and if they did do it they couldn't be true to the comics, it would be just to big when you consider you have to have lois find out about Clark then have them get together, then set up Doomsday, then have the fight, then the funeral and so on and so on. By the time Superman is resurrected your 3 hours into the movie and with today's movie goers people will have walked out before the end. However the animated movie Superman: Doomsday did do a good job with it, so with some major rewriting it is doable.

Edited by mowzer

agreed, I was going to mention Superman Doomsday. It's a good take on the story, and they were able to shorten it, but they had to cut a lot out.

Due to that stupid copyright fight that they are having over Superboy, that would have a hard time including him into the storyline.

While I did not understand the whole - he went back to his home planet shmeal, nor the shuttle/airplane sequence, and I could not stand to see him slobbering all over a married/mother Lois, I thought it was pretty good.

Fantastic action abounded, and that idea of what Lex did with those crystals was brilliant imo.