Sign in to follow this  
Dabo Queen

Worst dressed species/group on Star Trek

Trek Fashion Faux-pas Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these had the stupidest outfits?

• Federation (TOS)
    • Federation (TNG on up)
    • Romulans
    • Klingons
    • Vulcans
    • Betazoids
    • Ferengi
    • Bajorans
    • Cardassians
    • Bolians
    • Vorta
    • Jem'Hadar
    • Breen
    • El Aurian (Guinan, specifically)
    • Other

Please choose the species you think had the worst fashion sense.

I chose the Romulans...their outfits were like a shoulder-padded, checkerboard nightmare.

I chose Betazeds - by the way, it is Batazeds not Betazoids. A Betazoid sounds like someone who does software testing.

Now you might think "Van Roy, what do you mean? They have nude weddings, what's not to like?" That is exactly my point! Betazeds tend to marry much later in life when their bodies are past their prime. Who the heck wants to see that?

I hate all of the clothing choices on Star Trek. Everyone looks the same. All humans dress alike, all Vulcans go to the same barber, all Klingons wore pointy shoes, etc. Where's the diversity? Where's the couture.....

Oh wait, according to Star Trek gay men don't exist in the future. There goes the fashion industry.

the show was full of diversity, a Bajoran Kai doesn't look like a Klingon Commander, both of their clothes representing their culture. Not all Vulcans had the same hair cut, such as Saavik. Even Spock had longer hair at the beginning of the first movie, until he rejoined the Enterprise. I guess that hair style is considered to be the cleaned up and professional look on the planet.

However, it is true that people of the same species dress similar. But don't a lot people wear a T-shirt and jeans when they aren't on business? If not that, we all wear similar other things as well

I don't know who I would choose. I kind of liked them all. I never remember seeing a Klingon out of uniform except for Worf on occasion, but he could have been wearing human clothes since he was on an Earth ship and raised by humans.

Edited by Gamera

Bajorans tend to look like all other Bajorans to me. The difference being reddish-orange jumpsuits or brownish-gray. 99.9-percent of Vulcans do look like they were manufactured in a factory, a few inches of extra hair aside. I just don't see the diversity in attire in Star Trek, that I see in Star Wars or other Sci-Fi series.

I've heard the argument that we mostly see military personnel, so they're always in uniform. But even off duty, everyone stays in uniform. I don't buy Okuda's theory that the uniforms are so comfortable, that nobody wants to bother changing when their shift ends.

Yes, I see a lot of Jeans and T-shirts. And they are far more colorful and varied in design and style than anything I've seen on the DS9 promenade. I realize part of the problem is costuming budget. But still, I'm sure Paramount has entire warehouses of odds and ends they can throw together to make unusual looking fashions for our 24th century friends to relax in.

I suppose if I had to pick, I'd think the worst of the worst were the original Cardassian military uniforms with their bulky, pointy chest guards (or whatever in the cosmos those things were).

The Ferengi are bad dressed! I was watching one DS9 episode not long ago and the "Mum" on one of the Ferengis had weird jewellery on

The Ferengi are bad dressed! I was watching one DS9 episode not long ago and the "Mum" on one of the Ferengis had weird jewellery on

{Why it did that I don't know}

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

The Romulans for me. Ugh. Their uniforms look so... so... 80s-like with those shoulder-pads... <_<

I'm going with Betazeds too but for different reasons. Most of the time they looked like they came out of some cheesy romance novel. I half expected Fabio with his bare chest and wind blown hair to pop in at any second.

I chose Betazeds - by the way, it is Batazeds not Betazoids. A Betazoid sounds like someone who does software testing.

Memory Alpha calls them Betazoids. Betazoid Link

Also, Deanna often referred to herself and others of her race as 'betazoids'...for example, this quote from Tin Man:

"Tam is a telepath of extraordinary

talent, even for a Betazoid."

Tin Man Script Link

Well I don't care, it is still a dumb name for a dumb race.

You know why the Dominion War lasted so long? The Dominion invaded Betazed - and the Federation didn't want it back!

Geez...angry at the Betazoids much? <_<

I'm amazed that Van Roy could possibly be mad at a planet where the women walk around naked.....

I'm amazed that Van Roy could possibly be mad at a planet where the women walk around naked.....

Kor - You missed the entire point. They only walk around naked at weddings - and they get married late in life! Who the heck wants to see that?

Kor - You missed the entire point. They only walk around naked at weddings - and they get married late in life! Who the heck wants to see that?

Where was it established that they get married late in life?... <_<

Where was it established that they get married late in life?... <_<

It was in one of the episodes, I forget which one.

Well I don't care, it is still a dumb name for a dumb race.

You know why the Dominion War lasted so long? The Dominion invaded Betazed - and the Federation didn't want it back!

LOL - Ouch, but LOL...Sisko mentioned that their equipment was obsolete. Why did a Federation planet have obsolete defenses?