Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

You win the lottery

If you were to win Millions in a lottery what do you think you would do with the money?

Would you want the lump sup payment or would wyou want it payed out every year in small sums?

I know one thing, if I won $25 Million everyone on the board that wanted to be in Vegas in 04 would be able to be there lol

What would you do?

1) I would go to the Vegas next year.. lol

2) Will gave at least 10 millions directly to ppl in my family... Parents, brother, grand mothers...

3) Pay my debts.. lol

4) Continue to live normaly, but get things I couldn't otherwise... Trips, a nice house.... And having a part time job instead on a full time one

Well if I won millions of money in the lottery I would first travel to the cities I ever wanted to travel to:

Mirfield, Yorkshire, England :assimilated:

London, England

Los Angeles, USA

New York, USA

And then I would buy all the star trek merchandise I see :frusty: and go to conventions....

And the rest of the money... I would buy a small house here in Germany (or in America, I haven't decided yet :frusty: ) and live there... And of course I would save some money for not-so-good days :frusty:

Mrs. Captain Picard

honestly I don't think I'd let it change me..cuz we all know how that turns people bad..I agree with Ezri, I'd live better then I am now while still staying reasonable with of course a villa somewhere.

When you have kids, there are oh so many expenses. And it seems like you're always just slightly behind, and there's never quite enough to go around. I think the only thing that I would really do is pay off the house so we don't have those enormous house payments to make every month. I would bank the rest and save it for all those unexpected expenses. And I would definitely donate to charity.

I would go to Las Vegas. My husband and I have been trying to get there for our last two anniversaries, but some of those unexpected kid expenses have popped up both times.

A lot of what I find that I'd like to do involves other people. Like finding someone that is really struggling to get by, not letting them know what I am about to do and asking them to add up all their yearly expenses. House or rent, doctor bills, electric, water... everything. Then when they come up with a total give them the cash that it takes to pay for everything for a full year.

Or maybe going back to my High School (Which was really small) and give them $100,000.00 for building or raises for the teachers or something like that.

1..Quit my Job..lol

2..Buy a House

3..Go to The Star Trek Experience

4..Give lots to my Family..

5..Live comfortably for the rest of my life

6..Sounds like paradise doesn't it?..No Stress or Worries..LOL... :assimilated:

I must admit I have pondered the question quite a few times when the jackpots get big. It's different here in Canada though - our prizes are all lump sum and they don't get as huge a powerball and those lotteries BUT the money is TAX FREE.

I usually joke that after paying back my parents and paying off my student loan I might have a couple of bucks left.

I would definitely set up some sort of trust for my daughter so I won't have to worry about her financially speaking. I would pay off my debts and my parents' debts, take some family vacations, buy a new house with a home theatre for watching Trek. I would certainly do my best to make sure I don't blow it all and end up worse off than I am now.

Stardate:213655.9

Well i would hire an account and make sure my money is invested well enough so i wouldnt have to worry about money for the rest of my life.

1. I would give my son a couple million

2. I would quit my job and travel..Vegas, England, France....

3. I would buy two little houses, one for me and one for my son.

4. I would buy two brand new cars, one for me and one for my son.

5. I would party until I died.

First I'd pay off my bills....every last one of them. I'd also pay off my partner's debts, and give my grown son a sizeable amount. there are several fine charities and research organizations I'd want to donate to.......and what's left would go into savings/investments. :frusty: What a nice dream :assimilated:

They say that you should keep on a very light job. This gives us something to do and a focus which keeps you balanced and happy. Spending money can just become tiresome after a while and the lack of responsibility can lead to alcholism and drug abuse!!! So they say, anyway.

I would buy a great big house in the country. And have my own private zoo and theme park. I would spend more time looking for someone to love (without revealing my money of course).

I would have several cars, a yacht and at least two holiday homes. One in a very warm climate and one somewhere more 'off the beaten track'.

I would invest heavily in property and leasing. I would probably have my own property business.

1) Try to get well from the heart attack I had when hearing the news.

2) Consult with experts as to what they suggest (lawyer, accountant, etc.) for various investments or how to maximize this windfall.

3) Give money to each immediate relative. I want my family to be comfortable and financially okay.

4) Give money to my church.

5) Pay off my debts.

6) Give money to a couple of organizations I have attachments to. Breast Cancer Society, March of Dimes, etc.

7) Put some of it so far away that you'd have to blast to buy a newspaper! I want to be comfortable, too.

8) I'm already working on this one, but last and NOT least is QUIT MY JOB!

These are in no particular order. :dude:

well first off, the only way i would keep working is if i was in a fire co. somewhere, we know my preference. id buy a house on a beach, and love life to all its worth. i would take care of my family, and its a big one. i would be into racing, anything i could, cars, bikes, sleds, if its got wheels, or tracs, i wanna run it. i just want to HAVE FUN, ive spent the last 31 years working for nothing, id spend the rest playing for everything. ive gotta go, i'll add more later.

I don't play the lottery so I'm in no danger of winning. If I did forget myself and buy a ticket and actually win...I'd face a major moral dilemma whether to keep the money or not.

I believe the ultimate harm to society is greater than any benefit served by gambling or lotteries (often a tax on the poor). If I kept the money I would contravening my own principles - but a few million dollars would be a major temptation. I really hope to never be in that situation.

If I ever came into an inheritance I wasn't expecting - after consulting an attorney - I would buy a house with an onsite guest house for my mom.

I also do not gamble, but I could imagine being the millionth customer to walk into some store and get a prize for that. So I'll express this as what I'd do if I suddenly came into a large sum of money.

1) Pay tithes -- first fruits to the Lord

2) Pay taxes -- no sense in planning to do anything with Uncle Sam's money

3) Create a full scholarhip named after my sister at the school from which she received her DVM

It would be sufficiently funded so it could be given every other year, and pay for books,

housing, everything. The only qualification, besides being admitted into the vet med

program would be that they had to have at least one of the characteristics that made it such

a challenge for her to finish.

4) Set up a family scholarship fund (we have a family council...the works)

5) Fund some of the other programs our family preisdent is dreaming of.

6) Pay off my bills

7) Make extra large donations to my favorite charities

8) Save and invest anything left

I would not quit my job.

I would buy a couple of houses,one on the Outer banks of North Carolina,one in Key West, one in Hawaii,and one in Tahiti. Then I would buy a lear jet and hire my brother-in-law to fly it for me (hes a pilot for Southwest Airlines).

I would give a couple of million to my family, I would then put a few million in savings where i could just live off the intrest alone. I would go to Europe alot (Especially Amsterdam,I love that town). I might even invite everyone on the boards here and pay for them to come play with me on the beaches of the Bahama Islands.

And last but not least,I'd buy me a Harley Davidson motorcycle!

The rest of my life would be a big party!

The lottery... I have no clue. I wouldn't want to be selfish with the money that I recieve. I'd have to give someone of it to the needy. I'd use it to secure my kids futures (if I ever have any) I'd also get something for myself. It's okay in my mind to indulge so long as you do something good for others as well.

I might even invite everyone on the boards here and pay for them to come play with me on the beaches of the Bahama Islands.

And last but not least,I'd buy me a Harley Davidson motorcycle!

The rest of my life would be a big party!

A HARLEY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? why not an original with that kind of money? something like an ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS, or a WEST COAST CHOPPERS something like that, im not a harley type person or a chopper person, but some of these machines that the ARTISTS build are just amazing, i would buy one if i won the lotto. i would buy a few bikes starting with my BUEL , a couple of YAMAHAS, and a couple of DUCATIS as well. then a few trucks, and jeeps, and cant forget the fast cars, exotic to muscle. i love speed. and power, oh yeah a few cigarette boats, and such speed machines. NOTHING LIKE A GOOD ADRENALIN RUSH, better than any drug induced high. its a natural thing. :laugh: BTW BAHAMAS ALL THE WAY thanks klingonmike. :laugh:

If I won the lottery I would:

1.Pay off all my debts and my wifes.

2.Pay off my parents debts.

3.Buy a villa in Florida and emigrate to the U.S.A.

4.Live happy ever after with my wife and kids.

:lol: :hug: ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buy a custom made home designed to look and function just like Pee-Wee Herman's playhouse.No lie.I would do it in a heartbeat and live there,very happy with my surroundings.... :lol: