Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

Chris Doohan To Have Role In 'Star Trek XI'

Chris Doohan, son of the original Scotty, James Doohan, will be making his second appearance in a Star Trek film.

As reported at Trekmovie.com, Chris Doohan, the son of James Doohan, will have a role in the upcoming Star Trek XI. Chris Doohan had appeared in Star Trek: The Motion Picture as a background character in a crowd scene, along with his brother Montgomery.

"I'm tentatively scheduled to go in later next week to film," said Doohan, "but, like James Cawley, I still don't know exactly what I'm going to do. I can tell you that my father would be happy with my position on the ship."

When Doohan first saw the Star Trek uniforms that had been assembled, he was impressed. "I stood there in awe of the rows and rows of Star Trek uniforms that seemed to be everywhere," he said. "The uniforms are incredible and extremely well made. When it comes to wardrobe, they definitely spared no expense and I can only imagine what the Enterprise set will look like. I can't wait to see it."

Doohan has not yet met Simon Pegg, who is playing the young Scotty, but has exchanged emails with him. "We may get together to toast my Father," he said. "I guess I'll need to bring some green food coloring to put in our drinks."

http://www.trektoday.com/news/250108_03.shtml

Another nice, respectful nod to the original cast. :)

"What's that? ... "It's ... green!" :clap: