Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

Shatner Regrets Kirk Death

The scenario to bring back Kirk worked in The Return and could have worked in Star Trek XI says William Shatner.

As reported at USA Today, William Shatner is sorry not to be in Star Trek XI, feeling that a way could have been found to bring back his Kirk. He also regrets Kirk's death in Star Trek: Generations. "The mistake I made was thinking I could make it a spectacular death with what they had written," he said in reference to Kirk's death in Generations.

J.J. Abrams disagrees with Shatner. "You and I could come up with dozens of ways, but every way that we came up with felt like it was transparently fan boys trying to get Shatner in the movie."

Shatner disagreed, saying "J.J. doesn't need to worry about being a geek. He's a fabulous moviemaker, and this is science fiction." Other fans agree with Shatner and have a website calling for Kirk's return.

As reported at Cinema Blend.com, Chris Pine, who is playing Kirk in the film, had this to say about the pressures of playing the famous captain. "I'm having a great time. It's a lot of fun. J.J.'s wonderful. I haven't really thought that far ahead just because I'm neurotic and just try to concentrate on the day-to-day thing. That kind of keeps me in check. Whatever happens will happen. I have no control over it. All I try to do is good work and that's that."

http://www.trektoday.com/news/210108_01.shtml

Yeah.....a lot of TOS fans regret Kirk's death as well. His death in "Generations" was anything but spectacular..... :clap:

I thought his death was more spontanious than anything. It was a thing of the moment (in generations). He should have had a more honorable death.

I dont think his death was handled that well .Of course he had to die but the way he went was not good at all. However to bring him back as he is wouldnt that be silly? i want shatner back but maybe as another character??

I dont think his death was handled that well .Of course he had to die but the way he went was not good at all. However to bring him back as he is wouldnt that be silly? i want shatner back but maybe as another character??

Why did he have to die at all? Why could he, after being freed from the Nexus, just live in the 24th century? He could hook up with Scotty,McCoy and Spock!

Shat knew Trek in the form of TOS was finished and probably felt Kirk should be too, he couldn't/wouldn't see how he was shutting out Kirk from having future adventures.

Now he does.