Sign in to follow this  
data@thedisco

Worf getting beat up or dying

Hi all!

I have noticed that Worf has a tendecy to get beat up, or even killed, more frequent than his tough guy attitude would suggest he should.

What I would like to do in this thread is make a list of these episodes, and the name of the person that lays the hurt down on Worf.

Episode name: Clues

Person: Troi

Injury: Broken arm

In datalore, Lore laid a hurtin' on Worf in the turbolife after giving Worf the first shot and warning him it was his turn. :nono: Man, I love Lore!!! <_<

Edited by Takara_Soong

I noticed this as well; it really baffled me for a minute there. In "The Dauphin", he got choked like a crack ho by that old shapeshifting chick. It made me twitch. And let's not forget the season one finale, when he got smackeda round like a heroin junkie by that Admiral with the parasite in his neck. :nono:

In datalore, Lore laid a hurtin' on Worf in the turbolife after giving Worf the first shot and warning him it was his turn. B) Man, I love Lore!!! <_<

Well yes, dear. A well-written psycho is simply priceless (e.g. Buffy Season 3, when we meet Faith). Dabo Queen calls Lore the Schizoid Android.

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

Psycho? Lore's psycho? Nah, just misunderstood!! <_<

I wasn't sure if they should be included but Worf did die when John Doe had that convulsion but was then saved by John Doe's healing touch in Transfigurations. Then he almost died in Ethics when some beams fell on him and he had to have that experimental operation.

Don't forget the beating he took from Lursa and B'Etor's men in Redemption when they kidnapped him.

Oh... and Deanna killed Worf in her halucination in Eye of the Beholder.

The writers seem to think we need human type failings to love a character, be it Worf, Spock, Data whoever. I of course believe that they are wrong.

Psycho? Lore's psycho? Nah, just misunderstood!! :nono:

I wasn't sure if they should be included but Worf did die when John Doe had that convulsion but was then saved by John Doe's healing touch in Transfigurations. Then he almost died in Ethics when some beams fell on him and he had to have that experimental operation.

Don't forget the beating he took from Lursa and B'Etor's men in Redemption when they kidnapped him.

Oh... and Deanna killed Worf in her halucination in Eye of the Beholder.

I thought he DID die while he was having the operation, for a couple minutes anyways, before his heart started again.

So far, Worf was owned by.

Troi

An old shapeshifting woman

Lore

The possessed Admiral

Am I missing anyone? <_<

I thought he DID die while he was having the operation, for a couple minutes anyways, before his heart started again.

So far, Worf was owned by.

Troi

An old shapeshifting woman

Lore

The possessed Admiral

Am I missing anyone? <_<

You're right. They told Alexander that Worf was dead and then Worf's back up systems started as Alexander was viewing the body.

The Ferengi got Worf, Riker, Geordi and I think Data too with their whips in The Last Outpost.

What about that episode where the storage containers fell on him and he died, only to be revived by that fugitive alien that evolved into a higher state of consciousness?

no, they got yar. data was spared because of the guardian of the planet.

The fight with the Ferengi whips occurred before the planet's portal showed up. Also Tasha didn't get hit by the whips. She arrived after the fighting had started and put an end to it by threatening the Ferengi with her phaser. Data, Worf, Riker and Geordi had already been hit with the energy force from the whips.

Worf got spanked by two hoodlums sent by Lursa and B'Etor. But on DS9, during "The Way of the Warrior," he was taking on multiple Klingons and and representin' without batting an eyelash. And let's not forget how he schooled the Jem'Hadar in their own camps. So why did he get smacked down by L&B's little peons? :blush 2: Was somebody using a hypospray? Naughty, naughty!

Worf get electrocuted in "Lonely Among Us."

I remember that ep title but not that ep. Hmmmmm....

That's the one where the entity jumped from crew member to crew member before getting into Picard. Picard-Entity then had himself transported into space as energy but Picard was able to get back into the ship and into the transporter systems and was transported back to his solid form.

Does getting shot with a phaser count? If so, Troi got him in season 5's Power Play (the episode where Troi, Data and O'Brien's bodies are taken over by convicts from a penal colony).