Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Captain Will Riker

Give It Up For The Captain  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Riker Will Ever Command The Enterprise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Do you think that Riker will stay the captain of the Titan for the rest of his career, or do you think that he will get a shot at "the seat" and become the captain of a future Enterprise?

Edited by Gamera

I wouldn't be too surprised if he took over for Picard when Picard finally retires. Of course, if it happens, it would be in a book series I imagine.

I think Jean-Luc will pull a few strings at Command and "convince" them to give Riker the Enterprise. :P If Jean-Luc ever retires, that is. :P

If Jean-luc follws Kirk's advice Riker will never get a shot at the Enterprise.. I wish we could have seen the Titan in at least one of the movies though..

If Jean-luc follws Kirk's advice Riker will never get a shot at the Enterprise.. I wish we could have seen the Titan in at least one of the movies though..

Good point! Look how long it took Spock to become Captain of the Enterprise!

I voted no i dont think so coz he is the Captain of Titan which from the pics i have seen for the design looks better then the Enterprise :laugh:

I would think he might be Captain of the Enterprise in the future.

This makes me think of a question: Does Star Fleet let captains remain in command of the same ship for as long as they wish, or do they get moved around periodically, to get better commands or to improve a ship's crew, efficency, etc? Haven't they let Picard stay Captain of the Enterprise for an awfully long time?

I wouldn't be too surprised if he took over for Picard when Picard finally retires. Of course, if it happens, it would be in a book series I imagine.

I agree. I doubt that there will ever be another TNG movie.

Well, he was the Captain in AGT. I know the particular incidents regarding the anomaly won't happen now but that does not necessarily mean his becoming It's captain wont/can't happen.

Take Geordie's eyes for example, that aspect of the alternate AGT time-line did occur so, so could Riker becoming Captain. Then again, DATA wasn't dead in the AGT timeline... :whistling:

I vote maybe. Great question!

The only way All Good Things makes sense and can be rectified to the canon is if we think of it as a possible future that Q picked at random. Data's death and the destruction of the Enterprise-D makes it impossible now, but at the time it wasn't.

The Enterpries has always been the flagship off the fleet I doubt even the Titan would be made that. And I think Will would still want the Enterprise after all it's like his first love he will never forget her.

Most definitely. I'd love to see him take over once Picard eventually threw in the towell...or was 'promoted' due to old age.

Edited by Eratosthenes