Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Star Trek Wrath of Khan

I was watching Krull the other night. Has anyone ever noticed that the music is a complete rip off of the music used in Star Trek The Wrath of Khan?!?

Did James Horner do the music? If so, I've noticed that a lot of Horner music sounds very similar to the Wrath Of Khan soundtrack.

From Wikipedia:

Krull is a 1983 heroic fantasy film directed by Peter Yates and produced by Ron Silverman. It stars Kenneth Marshall as Prince Colwyn and Lysette Anthony as Princess Lyssa.

One of the film's most distinguished features is a robust score by James Horner. The film is also notable for its early screen roles for the now famous Irish actor Liam Neeson and Scottish actor Robbie Coltrane and for its surrealistic set design within the Black Fortress.

End text -------------------------------

So it is a James Horner score.

Krull is one of the coolest movies ever made, I've been a fan of it before I was even a Star Trek fan! Horner seems to do the same music for a lot of his movies, much like Danny Elfman. Almost all of his movie tracks sound like they belong on Batman (which he did as well).

I meant to check the credits to see if the music was by the same composer. It is true that often a composer's music sounds the same in different movies like Danny Elfman and John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith. Their respective styles are often favoured by directors and their familiarity adds quality and style to movies.