Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner: Still the Captain, But Still Not in 'Star Trek'

I can't say that i blame him. Imo, Star Trek without the Kirk i grew up with is as bad as when the new Battlestar came out with politically correct character castings of classic crew members. What are producers thinking when they embark on projects such as these? Are they looking for ways to irritate loyal fan bases? <_< :elephant:

Shatner has done nothing but whine since 1970, oh boohoo I can't get work because I'm typecast as Captain Kirk , oh boohoo Nimoy Got to direct a movie and if I don't get to help write then direct one I quit, boohoo they are having the new movies with the Next Generation cast, boohoo I can't be in the new movie, I'm so popular it would make the movie do better.

Gimme a frickin break!!!

Shatner grow some ***** and be a man and get over it. You just aren't worth it. Be Denny Crane and be happy.

I can't say that i blame him. Imo, Star Trek without the Kirk i grew up with is as bad as when the new Battlestar came out with politically correct character castings of classic crew members. What are producers thinking when they embark on projects such as these? Are they looking for ways to irritate loyal fan bases? <_< :elephant:

While I don't agree that leaving Shatner out means the movie will be bad, I do feel that Shatner deserves at least a cameo of some sort. He's earned it and derserves it!

I can't say that i blame him. Imo, Star Trek without the Kirk i grew up with is as bad as when the new Battlestar came out with politically correct character castings of classic crew members. What are producers thinking when they embark on projects such as these? Are they looking for ways to irritate loyal fan bases? :elephant: <_<

While I don't agree that leaving Shatner out means the movie will be bad, I do feel that Shatner deserves at least a cameo of some sort. He's earned it and derserves it!

But he's said he won't do a cameo. He wants as substantial a part as Nimoy and that would require a (likely major) reworking of a script that is set to be filmed starting on November 5th (not to mention the writer's strike set to begin on Halloween). They said they would try to work him in in a way that was worthy of him and they couldn't. They attempted to accomodate him, they couldn't, and he has said he won't do a cameo.

So effectively, Shatner has no one to blame but himself and should shut up.

Ya know, I've always admired The Shat, even looked up to him when I was a kid. And I'd like to see him in the new movie. But it seems he's out of this one and I wish he would accept it. Maybe he's afraid he wont be have another chance to be Kirk before he dies. He gettin' on up there. <_< Even so, he's starting to really get on my nerves.

Ya know, I've always admired The Shat, even looked up to him when I was a kid. And I'd like to see him in the new movie. But it seems he's out of this one and I wish he would accept it. Maybe he's afraid he wont be have another chance to be Kirk before he dies. He gettin' on up there. :look: Even so, he's starting to really get on my nerves.

I really like Shatner but I think the movie would still be good without him. :lol:

Edited by scottylover

I can't say that i blame him. Imo, Star Trek without the Kirk i grew up with is as bad as when the new Battlestar came out with politically correct character castings of classic crew members. What are producers thinking when they embark on projects such as these? Are they looking for ways to irritate loyal fan bases? :look: :lol:

I totally agree with you Kor!!! :lol: