Sign in to follow this  
TripLives

From Enterprise To TOS

Considering ENT was closer in time to TOS than any of the other Treks, what part of Trek's backhistory would you like to have seen in ENT that was just briefly touched on in TOS?

I would like to have seen something on the Romulan Wars myself.

Nobody else? Well then let me add another one:

In the TOS episode, "A Piece Of The Action" The USS Horizon left a book about the '30's mobs about a hundred years or so before the time of TOS. The people patterned their society after what the book described. I think it would've been cool to have seen something on Enterprise about that. Maybe we'd even get to see the Horizon on screen. I just love those Daedalus class ships. Simple yet effective design. :nono:

Coming across the "Botony Bay" might have been cool too. Also, a visit from Gary 7 might have made a good episode.

Nobody else? Well then let me add another one:

In the TOS episode, "A Piece Of The Action" The USS Horizon left a book about the '30's mobs about a hundred years or so before the time of TOS. The people patterned their society after what the book described. I think it would've been cool to have seen something on Enterprise about that. Maybe we'd even get to see the Horizon on screen. I just love those Daedalus class ships. Simple yet effective design. :nono:

Just one problem: The Daedalus class wasn't in development until after the Earth-Romulan war, or at least very into it.

Coming across the "Botony Bay" might have been cool too. Also, a visit from Gary 7 might have made a good episode.

granted it would of been nice to see a episode of the bontany bay, but it was only vaugely mentioned

An appearance from Gary7 would've been great, as long as he had Isis with him.

Just one problem: The Daedalus class wasn't in development until after the Earth-Romulan war, or at least very into it.

An oversight on my part. I'm just a sucker for the Daedalus Class. Maybe if they'd had the Romulan War we could've at least been introduced to the Daedalus. :nono:

Just a quick, off the top of my head thought-yeah, the Rom Wars..cool idea. Perhaps, had STE continued, we would have seen more from those pesky, sneaky, clever offshoots of those logical folks...a led-up to the big rumble in the Alpha Quad. Anybody read the Pocket books compilation tome, 'Starfleet, Year One". I liked it. The tech was in some regards close to Ent, season one...featured the Stiles family, aka 'Balance of Terror''..a Classic classic.

When Ent first came one I always thought they would get into the Romulan War, but the they went with the TCW route. They did start to slowly introduce the Romulans, but the show got the ax before they could get that far. If the show had gone another couple seasons I think that's when it would have happen.

When Ent first came one I always thought they would get into the Romulan War, but the they went with the TCW route. They did start to slowly introduce the Romulans, but the show got the ax before they could get that far. If the show had gone another couple seasons I think that's when it would have happen.

I really wanted to see more of the build up of the Human-Vulcan-Andorian relationship and Shran was such a great character played by a great actor that bringing him in more might have kept Enterprise on the air a few more years.

I gotta agree with LB. Not much should have been done. I mean, why should Capt. Archer be the one to sow every seed that Kirk would later come across?

More importantly though, the main issue I have with prequels is the ever-present temptation (one that almost never gets resisted but almost always should be) to do "nod and wink" moments to the audience. Almost always, they are badly done. IMO, the only one that needed to be done was the Klingon forehead bit. It's a significant piece that's incredibly easy to notice, plus it fits in with what Worf said in "Trials And Tribble-ations," another such nod and wink moment..... "We prefer not to discuss it with outsiders." Considering how embarrassed Worf felt when he got the Klingon equivalent of the measles, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to discuss how a microscopic creature like a disease, would deprive them of their beloved and esteemed ridges.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker