Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

Summer is almost over!

AH, the warm summer months are about to come to an end. For some it may not make a big difference to some, but to others it makes a big diff. For me, I will be going back to my second year of Police Foundations. i'm also picking up a new part time job for September. And once the weather gets cooler, I won't be out biking, rollerblading, and playing Tennis like a have been doing this summer. I just dread the cold.

What will you be doing once the summer ends?

My summer HAS ended. I am back to work, teaching. I had to report back to work August 11.

Hmmm, what I will be doing...well, certainly the plans I had have drastically changed. I had planned to be coaching my gymnastics squad through their first season, hopefully all the way to State Championships. Plus, I was hoping to be continuing my senior year as an Interdisciplinary Studies(Biology, Chemistry and Physics) major.

Well, since I was injured back on June 2 at work...and still have problems with my arm. I have had to hold off returning to school, cant go back to work(cant hold a 1 pound ball at physical therapy, so spotting a 100 pound child is totally out of the question)...so, I will be working on my art projects, posting here a bit as well as the other boards I attend, and going to doctor's appointments and therapy until I am cleared to return to work. However I will have a significant disability so I will be searching for a new job. Plus, If all goes well...I will be playing clarinet in the family band at numerous music jobs around the state during October and early November. We shall see what the future brings

you just had to remind us that summers over didnt ya. oh well thats alright. im going back to school in sept, and hopefully down to VA early next year. also i guess when the cold gets here its once again time to spend a lot more time in the house, which really sucks. but watcha gonna do about it. cant wait till next summer. i love summer.

I am one of those people that it really does not matter I work 6 days a week 52 weeks a year I even work most holidays unless I ask off so sorry summer winter it does not matter just harder to get to work in the snow.

Stardate:213638.9

Im going back to school.And since half of my day will be taken up by school i get to switch over to the afternoon schedule at work.Now i get to work from 3:00-10:00 :dude: Oh well i get a raise on the first so i guess its worth it.

The only real change is that my husband will be going back to school on the 26th. Other then that not much changes. And it doesn't cool down here till about late October. cheeky-smiley-012.gif

Big changes at our house. Our youngest daughter (15) is moving to a large city to study ballet full-time, our oldest daughter is entering her second year of college, so doesn't need much parental intervention anymore. I guess we're entering the 'empty-nesters' phase. :dude:

Not much of a change for me..I'll still be working just the same as I do now..Course I'll be spending more time inside..No more gardening and outside activities..1 good thing is that King Richards Faire is coming around again..Starts Labor Day weekend..That should be fun anyway....

King Richards Faire

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why did you have to remind me? Lol.

I geuss seeing all my friends is fun, but my first semester plain sucks. all work and no play make johnny a dull boy. :devil:

I'm kind of looking forward to it.I've always liked autumn more than other seasons,anyway.Cooler weather,football season gets underway,baseball season is winding down,my favorite holidays are close at hand(Halloween,Thanksgiving,and Christmas). :spock:

I am happy to have more free time (the whole September is also free time for me). I will begin to study a new subject, I will discontinue the current one because I realized it is not what I really want. And if the university I wrote to does not take me or says I have to wait until they do, I will work at my uncle's calling center and wait until I can study or write them again. :spock:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Well, the big change was my vacations.. lol

Now, back to school. I'm a student 48 weeks per year. Got 2 weeks in summer, and 2 weeks at Christmas for holidays.

But, it will be more buzy. More request of work and all.

So, this is probably the last day I can catch up, after that, I'll just be able to pass and quickly have a look :frusty: :frusty: :frusty::bow::assimilated::frusty:

The end of summer doesn't change my work schedule, but this year it is bringing a couple of changes. I'm actively seeking employment after 13 years at the same job, and I'm going to NC at the end of September. Whoohoo!!!!

I have a small motor home. In a couple of weeks my friend and I are going to take it up into the Great Smokie moutains for a camping trip for about five days. Then it will be back to work for a long spell unless I can find another chunk of time to take off and do some fishing at the beach. Summer is not my favorite time of year. It is very hot and HUMID in North Carolina. So I am looking forwrd to the cooler Fall months. :bow:

Normally I would have already left home for school again (Kansas State),but my dad isn't well right now and so I've stayed home to help out around our farm.Which means I'll be having plenty of early work days,and that I will probably get back into shape (well,a shape other than round... :hug: )....I'm kind of glad,though...I like being home,and was going to return to the farm after school anyway...I can't be anything other than a farmer :lol: