Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Sci-Fi censors sceen from Broken Bow

*'Sweet Spot' of the ship sceen*

Travis Mayweather: Takes practice.

Travis Mayweather: Ever slept in zero G?

Commander Tucker: Slept?

Travis Mayweather: Like being back in the womb.

Commander Tucker: Captain tells me you've been to Trillius Prime.

Travis Mayweather: Took the fourth, fifth and sixth grades to get there. I've also been to Draylax and both the Andorian Moons.

----------------------------------

Commander Tucker: I've heard the women on Draylax have...

Travis Mayweather: Three... it's true.

Commander Tucker: You know that first-hand?

Travis Mayweather: First-hand, second-hand, third-hand...

Commander Tucker: I guess growing up a boomer has its advantages.

Everything below the line was edited out from Broken Bow this past Monday on Sci-Fi. It was never edited out back when the show aired on UPN. I ask why it was edited out and I want to know now!!!

Probably so they have a couple extra seconds to air commercials for their crappy b-movies.

I have to agree with Kraven on this one. I think that they edited that scene out so that they would have more time to air the ads for their lousy movies.

Over the years, the TOS episodes had a lot of stuff edited out to make room for more commercials. This is undoubtably the same thing.

This has unfortunately happened in the past, too. Stations should, imo, be called on this (literally) - if you see this (or actually don't see the scene you expect), call or email the station, or network, to complain.

Years ago a Chicago area station was broadcasting Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan. The dialogue is heard:

"There is an old Klingon proverb: Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold ... " And they cut to a commercial!!! :P :biggrin: I start yelling at the screen: "In Space! It is very cold IN SPACE! (I know I need some tranquilizers! :P ) There is a pause before the last two words, for emphasis. This is the worst editing example for Trek I've seen, Has anyone seen worse? Dropping scenes for more commercials is imo equally obnoxious too. :P

Edited by trekz

In the case of TOS, the original episodes were 50 minutes long, I believe. When the show entered syndication, they were edited back to about 40 minutes to allow for more commercials.

It sounds like the drop a few seconds for a commercial! And top of it was one of the most famous lines in the movie. I understand about editing and needed for commercial time, but a few seconds needed to complete that line! Please!!!

Edited by Odie

That's how networks make their money - I wouldn't expect it to stop.

I got really ticked at Scifi a couple of seasons back - they dropped the opening credits from both Stargate series so they could do more commercials (most of which were for BSG) that annoyed me.

Buying season sets is the best way to go.

You, I really don't miss cable as much as I thought I would - I should have gotten rid of it years ago.

i only watch on austar (satelite) and they dont edit it. The only other time we watch is our dvds so no real difference