Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Whoa Nessie

Have you seen the purported film a tourist took at Loch Ness? While it isn't clear what is there - there does appear to be something there. Looked sort of like a dolphin to me.

So what do you think?

I watched the video of this as well. Its hard to tell what you are actually looking at. It looks more like a big shadow just underneath the water. Its certainly not clear enough to establish whether Nessie exists or not.

Have you seen the purported film a tourist took at Loch Ness? While it isn't clear what is there - there does appear to be something there. Looked sort of like a dolphin to me.

So what do you think?

Another case of Loch Ness-related wishful thinking

I remember reading something a few years back about how these two guys made a fake Nessie and photographed it and played it off for quite some time as the real thing, but then lately they admitted to it being a hoax. I think is might be something similar. I just don't see how Loch Ness could support an animal as big as Nessie is believed to be, and how Nessie could remain basically unseen for soo many years. But I will admit that that video kinda makes me wonder a little bit.

I think the point is - there was something in the photograph - even if it's only an optical effect caused by currents it is something - to me it seems that all the people that claim to have seen have seen something may well have seen "something"

Also, there was another story in the news a couple of weeks ago about someone catching another coelocanth - these were presumed extinct until the early 1900's so it is possible for things to avoid detection.

from wikipedia

Loch Ness is the second-largest Scottish loch by surface area after Loch Lomond at 56.4 km² (21.8 sq mi), but due to its great depth is the largest by volume. It contains more fresh water than all that in England and Wales combined. Its deepest point is 230 m (754 feet) [1], deeper than the height of London's BT Tower at 189 m (620 feet).

Loch Ness is the largest body of water on the Great Glen geologic fault, which runs from Inverness in the north to Fort William in the south. The Caledonian Canal, which links the sea at either end of the fault, uses Loch Ness for part of its route.

The loch is one of a series of interconnected, murky bodies of water in Scotland. Its water visibility is exceptionally low due to a high peat content in the surrounding soil. It is the second deepest loch in Scotland, and the UK.

I don't necessarily believe in "Nessie" but the lake is large, deep and murky which makes research to either confrom or deny difficult.

I think the point is - there was something in the photograph - even if it's only an optical effect caused by currents it is something - to me it seems that all the people that claim to have seen have seen something may well have seen "something"

Also, there was another story in the news a couple of weeks ago about someone catching another coelocanth - these were presumed extinct until the early 1900's so it is possible for things to avoid detection.

from wikipedia

Loch Ness is the second-largest Scottish loch by surface area after Loch Lomond at 56.4 km² (21.8 sq mi), but due to its great depth is the largest by volume. It contains more fresh water than all that in England and Wales combined. Its deepest point is 230 m (754 feet) [1], deeper than the height of London's BT Tower at 189 m (620 feet).

Loch Ness is the largest body of water on the Great Glen geologic fault, which runs from Inverness in the north to Fort William in the south. The Caledonian Canal, which links the sea at either end of the fault, uses Loch Ness for part of its route.

The loch is one of a series of interconnected, murky bodies of water in Scotland. Its water visibility is exceptionally low due to a high peat content in the surrounding soil. It is the second deepest loch in Scotland, and the UK.

I don't necessarily believe in "Nessie" but the lake is large, deep and murky which makes research to either confrom or deny difficult.

I think that it's every possible that there is something "very large" living in that Loch. Considering how deep it is, I think that anything is possible.

Can't we just have the Enterprise go back in time, have Scotty construct a tank in a cargo bay and have the mysterious samething tranported, water and all, into the Enterprise to have a look? :laugh:

I also believe that "something" is probably in the loch, No telling what it could be. I hope they discover what it is someday, but it is also fun to speculate about the possibilities.

Can't we just have the Enterprise go back in time, have Scotty construct a tank in a cargo bay and have the mysterious samething tranported, water and all, into the Enterprise to have a look? :laugh:

I also believe that "something" is probably in the loch, No telling what it could be. I hope they discover what it is someday, but it is also fun to speculate about the possibilities.

***POST OF THE DAY!!!!***