Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Doctor Finds Spiders In Boy's Ear

Doctor Finds Spiders in Boy's Ear

AP

ALBANY, Ore. (May 6) - These guys weren't exactly Snap, Crackle and Pop.

What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear - "like Rice Krispies" - ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders made a home in the ear.

"They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal. His mother, Diane Courtney, said her son insisted he kept hearing a faint popping in his ear - "like Rice Krispies."

Dr. David Irvine said it looked like the boy had something in his ear when he examined him.

When he irrigated the ear, the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Jesse was given the spiders - now both dead - as a souvenir. He has taken them to school and his mother has taken them to work.

"It was real interesting, 'cause, two spiders in my ear - what next?" Jesse said.

Gross doesn't even begin to describe this!.... :yahoo:

But then again......at least they weren't Ceti-Eels...... :b-day:

Edited by Kor37

it reminds me of that old scary story about that girl that had a pimple on her faces that kept growing until they decided to go to the doctor the next day. She takes a hot bath and the pimple pops, and baby spider come out

Like I said, that's just a scary story, so don't think that really happened. Don't want anyone looking closer at their pimples :yahoo:

I think I would faint if the doctor told me I had spiders in my ear!!!! Gross!!!

Although, one time, I felt something at the bottom of my nose so I just scratched my nose with my finger. When my figer emerged again, I had something black on it. I looked closely and its legs reached out and touched my lips ! I screamed my lungs out , you should've seen me run! :yahoo::b-day::clap:

it reminds me of that old scary story about that girl that had a pimple on her faces that kept growing until they decided to go to the doctor the next day.

I should think having more than one face would already be cause for alarm.

Ew, I think what grosses me out the most is that he kept the spiders and is showing them off....I know it someone found an animal in my body, I wouldn't admit to it, let alone show people.

Doctor Finds Spiders in Boy's Ear

AP

ALBANY, Ore. (May 6) - What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear - "like Rice Krispies" - ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders made a home in the ear.

"They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal. When he irrigated the ear, the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Gross doesn't even begin to describe this!.... :yahoo:

But then again......at least they weren't Ceti-Eels...... :b-day:

"Keptin, it was Khan! He put creatures in our ears. Made us say and do terrible tings!" Oops - sorry. I was channeling Chekov in Wrath of Khan. Scary.