Sign in to follow this  
Validus

Star Trek XI Will Suck

I can only see one way that they could make a Star Trek film worth watching. You need to have a war that destroys two thirds of the Federation and half the Klingon/Romulan Empires. Then fast forward about a century after things have been rebuilt and make that your starting point. Franchise rebooted...no muss, no fuss.

-and have a writer who knows what he's doing come up with a script that's actually worth shooting. I say give Star Trek to J. Michael Straczynski...the man who created and wrote Babylon-5. Any other idea is probably a distant second. Your thoughts?

It's a little late to give it to the Babylon 5 Guys. Since J.J. Abrams and his crew already are writing it.

I disagree. I think Trek XI will be terrific. Wanna know why?

Because it's STAR TREK, that's why. :dude:

It may suck, but there's only way to find out. To actually watch it.

My thoughts exactly. :dude:

It's a little late to give it to the Babylon 5 Guys. Since J.J. Abrams and his crew already are writing it.

I admire your optimism but your optimism is unfortunately unfounded. Out of the last four Star Trek films only one was good (First Contact) and the other three were all nothing more then varying shades of bad to worse. Out of all ten Star Trek films you really only have two that are great*, two that are merely good** and the rest are damn near awful. Nemesis? Gag! Insurrection? Insurmountable is more like it! Generations? Kirk's death was lame and the dialog was painful.

*Star Trek: TMP (Director's cut) and STII:TWOK (Director's cut).

**Star Trek IV:TVH and ST VI:TUC

Edited by Validus

I admire your optimism but your optimism is unfortunately unfounded. Out of the last four Star Trek films only one was good (First Contact) and the other three were all nothing more then varying shades of bad to worse. Out of all ten Star Trek films you really only have two that are great*, two that are merely good** and the rest are damn near awful. Nemesis? Gag! Insurrection? Insurmountable is more like it! Generations? Kirk's death was lame and the dialog was painful.

*Star Trek: TMP (Director's cut) and STII:TWOK (Director's cut).

**Star Trek IV:TVH and ST VI:TUC

As Spock liked to say, "I like to think that there are always possibilities."

This could be the best one of them all.

We won't know until we actually see it for ourselves.

Well....

They have taken Bond after he got stale and revamped him half a dozen times. If they can keep Bond fresh (and Superman and Batman) one hopes they can do the same for the Enterprise. :dude:;):hug:

Well....

They have taken Bond after he got stale and revamped him half a dozen times. If they can keep Bond fresh (and Superman and Batman) one hopes they can do the same for the Enterprise. :dude:;):hug:

My point, exactly. :P

I'm looking forward to the new film. Unlike all earlier movies, this one really is a revamp, a re-imaging of the original Star Trek series.

The earlier TOS movie series were great, but the last one was released in '89. I never really cared for the Next Generation films, although First Contact was pretty good.

The new Star Trek will be completely independent of both those movie series and thus a new start. Sure, it will be strange to see new actors in familiar roles, but if it's a top-notch cast, it will really be an homage to the old series.

For me, none of the other spin-off casts ever reached the coolness of Kirk, Spock and Bones. And I can understand why Paramount would agree to remaking the original rather than introducing yet another captain of yet another Enterprise.

Nevertheless, I have always thought the Star Trek universe is pretty endless and there are a million cool scenarios that could make for a great film.

The new Star Trek animated series sounds pretty cool and looks to be going in that direction.

Star Trek XI is not going to be independent, it is going to be in line with established canon for the most part. There be some aesthetic changes just that it doesn't look too out of date.

Star Trek XI is not going to be independent, it is going to be in line with established canon for the most part. There be some aesthetic changes just that it doesn't look too out of date.

I don't care what they do to it. I will still be first in line to see it on Opening Day.

How about we let this thread die? It was started by Validus to trash the new movie. Lets start a new one simply titled Star Trek XI.

How about we let this thread die? It was started by Validus to trash the new movie. Lets start a new one simply titled Star Trek XI.

I can do that.

I for one am excited to see whatever they come up with. I think that many people got bored of Trek and decided to trash it. I agree with some that enterprise had lacking moments, but for the most part (keeping an open mind) I thought it was good. I've enjoyed every movie, because I think every movie had its own thing I liked about it. I don't think that XI will suck, because it'll be another Trek Movie and that to me is great!!

Star Trek XI Will Suck, -and there is nothing we can do.

Have you even seen a trailer for the movie yet? No, of course you haven't, as there isn't one yet. We don't even know what it will be about. So why don't you wait until we know something before you start making assumptions?

Star Trek XI Will Suck, -and there is nothing we can do.

Have you even seen a trailer for the movie yet? No, of course you haven't, as there isn't one yet. We don't even know what it will be about. So why don't you wait until we know something before you start making assumptions?

We're trying to let this thread die. Please post all future comments about the new movie in the newest thread.

What if ...

Admiral Pike advises Kirk that Federation has learned that the Klingons want to start up their Genetic modification programme again like in the Enterprise episodes and so go off in search of the Botany Bay as they need Augment DNA? We could see Khan and company kill the Klingons and take their ship. The Enterprise is sent to investigate and Khan comes aboard. He kidnaps Uhura, taking her as his wife. Spock is not amused and the Enterprise in in pursuit. The Klingons obtain information from a trader called Cyrano Jones before blowing up his ship. One warrior takes a small furry creature from Jones's ship before this happens, to take home to the Klingon homeworld, Kronos. The Klingons dispatch warriors to retrieve their ship and the Khan and co. They start to fire on the commandered Klingon ship and the Enterprise gets in the way to protect Uhura. There is a battle and the Klingons are not happy as they think the Enterpise is on Khan's side. Ambassador Shran of the Andorian Imperial Guard assists the Enterprise.

Khan escapes and attempts a sling shot around a sun to enter time warp to go back into Earth's past to attempt to restore his lost empire. Instead the ship inadvertantly travels forward in time and is intercepted by Admiral James T Kirk (played by Shatner, as a future verion of the alternate Kirk we now know) in the new Enterpise B (which will resemble the Excelsior class ship we saw in the Prime Universe film Generations, only it will be a wee bit different). Khan is captured and Uhura is sent back to her own time. Old Spock (Nimoy with make up or cgi de-aged a bit, playing the new alternate Spock in this future version of the alternate timeline) tells her that he missed her and loved her etc. Then that is kinda that...

Who else would i like to see? Kirk getting it on with Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel trying to beak up Spock and Uhura, Sulu getting married, the Enterprise's nacelles having to be reduced in size (to look like the TOS ones) due to environmental reasons ...

What if ...

Admiral Pike advises Kirk that Federation has learned that the Klingons want to start up their Genetic modification programme again like in the Enterprise episodes and so go off in search of the Botany Bay as they need Augment DNA? We could see Khan and company kill the Klingons and take their ship. The Enterprise is sent to investigate and Khan comes aboard. He kidnaps Uhura, taking her as his wife. Spock is not amused and the Enterprise in in pursuit. The Klingons obtain information from a trader called Cyrano Jones before blowing up his ship. One warrior takes a small furry creature from Jones's ship before this happens, to take home to the Klingon homeworld, Kronos. The Klingons dispatch warriors to retrieve their ship and the Khan and co. They start to fire on the commandered Klingon ship and the Enterprise gets in the way to protect Uhura. There is a battle and the Klingons are not happy as they think the Enterpise is on Khan's side. Ambassador Shran of the Andorian Imperial Guard assists the Enterprise.

Khan escapes and attempts a sling shot around a sun to enter time warp to go back into Earth's past to attempt to restore his lost empire. Instead the ship inadvertantly travels forward in time and is intercepted by Admiral James T Kirk (played by Shatner, as a future verion of the alternate Kirk we now know) in the new Enterpise B (which will resemble the Excelsior class ship we saw in the Prime Universe film Generations, only it will be a wee bit different). Khan is captured and Uhura is sent back to her own time. Old Spock (Nimoy with make up or cgi de-aged a bit, playing the new alternate Spock in this future version of the alternate timeline) tells her that he missed her and loved her etc. Then that is kinda that...

Who else would i like to see? Kirk getting it on with Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel trying to beak up Spock and Uhura, Sulu getting married, the

Enterprise's nacelles having to be reduced in size (to look like the TOS ones) due to environmental reasons ...

Oh - duh! Thought this was about the next one ...

What if ...

Who else would i like to see? Kirk getting it on with Janice Rand, Nurse Chapel trying to beak up Spock and Uhura, Sulu getting married, the

Enterprise's nacelles having to be reduced in size (to look like the TOS ones) due to environmental reasons ...

Oh - duh! Thought this was about the next one ...

It should be, some of us including me are a little slow. lol