Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Batman Report Puts Schools In Lockdown

Batman Report Puts Schools in Lockdown

AP

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Feb. 15) - Three schools in the north Phoenix suburb of Cave Creek were on lockdown for about 45 minutes Wednesday morning after a student reported seeing a man dressed in a Batman costume run across one campus, jump a fence and disappear into the desert.

Officials later said it was false report and disciplinary actions are being considered against the student, who was not identified.

Police officers combed the desert around the Desert Arroya Middle School and nearby Black Mountain Elementary School and Cactus Shadows High School also were on lockdown as officers sought the caped crusader but found nothing.

Nedda Shafir, a spokeswoman for the Cave Creek Unified School District, said putting all the schools on lockdown was a precautionary measure.

"We didn't want to take any chances," Shafir said. "We just don't want to put anyone at risk."

But by Wednesday evening, school officials had determined that the supposed Batman sighting was a hoax.

"We encourage students to be honest and forthright, and we feel bad when a student makes a bad decision," Shafir said. "We're in an area where we're in a desert, and we have to take these reports seriously."

They should have known better. EVERYONE knows that Batman only works at night!!!..... :)

..And in NY

LOL

I know Gotham City (and Metropolis) are supposed to be modeled after NYC, and is supposed to be on the northeastern coast, but I don't think the franchise ever identified a specific state.

Personally I always thought Gotham City was more like Chicago than NYC., especially since Chicago has a larger history with organized crime the likes of Al Capone / The Joker, etc. The Batmobile scenes in Batman Begins were actually filmed in downtown Chicago.

Actually, in the comic books, there IS a New York as well as Gotham and Metropolis. I agree with Gotham being based on Chicago.

..And in NY

LOL

I know Gotham City (and Metropolis) are supposed to be modeled after NYC, and is supposed to be on the northeastern coast, but I don't think the franchise ever identified a specific state.

Personally I always thought Gotham City was more like Chicago than NYC., especially since Chicago has a larger history with organized crime the likes of Al Capone / The Joker, etc. The Batmobile scenes in Batman Begins were actually filmed in downtown Chicago.

Meh. Its New York

<<<Synical New Yorker

Seriously, one day several years ago I was driving to church on a Sunday morning - not a lot of people out and about and when I turned off the highway there was a guy running down the middle of the road in a full superman constume.

I remember thinking - gee you don't see someone in a superman costume runnind down the street everyday. I found out later there was local runner who dressed up like different characters for his runs.

I guess in a our current state of paranoia he couldn't get away with that.

But Batman is our friend. He's no threat. What are the authorities in Scottsdale thinking???

But Batman is our friend. He's no threat. What are the authorities in Scottsdale thinking???

Scottsdale probably don't have a batsignal.