Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Language of Picard

Just watch the movie "LA Story" in which Mr. Stewart speaks English with a horrible French accent and you will know why they quickly dropped the idea of having Jean-Luc speak English with a French accent. <_<

Wonder if Patrick could have done a passable German accent? My brother-in-law Harald (huge Trek fan) is always complaining that there are no German officers in Starfleet.

"Ich danke Ihnen, Nummer eins."

"Sie sind willkommen, Kapitänleutnant."

<_<

Well he has never played a German, so I don't really know... I'd sure love to find out, though. *hehe*

I only know he has a heavy British accent when he tries to speak speaks German. <_<

I'm going to have to re-watch the episode Family. I don't recall anyone that Picard encountered when he went home having a French accent. His brother and nephew certainly didn't have French accents. Whose to say what type of accents will still be around by that time.

Edited by Takara_Soong

No one in his family had a French accent (well, except for his mother, perhaps... I don't know what kind of accent she has, all I know is that she does have an accent). Nor did his friend Louis. <_<

Edited by Mrs.Picard

No one in his family had a French accent (well, except for his mother, perhaps... I don't know what kind of accent she has, all I know is that she does have an accent). Nor did his friend Louis. <_<

I don't recall his father having an accent when we saw him in Tapestry so that's another one I'll have to take a look at beside Where No One Has Gone Before to check out his family's accent.

Update:

I was watching some of my TNG DVDs tonight and in Tapestry Picard's father has a British accent. In Where No One Has Gone Before, Picard's mother has a French accent.

Edited by Takara_Soong