Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Edison vs. Tesla

Edison vs. Tesla  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Thomas Edison or Nikola Tesla?

• Edison
    • Tesla

Betwixt the Bird Man of Bryant Park and the Wizard of Menlo Park, if you had to choose.....

I voted Edison since his inventions were absolutely noted and on record.

I admit I don't know everything about Tesla, but every time he is discussed, they always say that he "supposedly" invented this or that. Nobody seems to know for sure.

From what I know, which isn't much, Tesla seems insane compared to Edison. Tesla wanted to make death rays. Edison, not so much :blink:

Edison. Sure, he had an ego the size of Jupiter, but it wasn't completely undeserved.

Tesla may have had a rock band named after him, but Edison invented the first means for recording audio. Boo-yah!

Oh, and there *was* a group called Edison Lighthouse, though they were just one of about four or five studio groups featuring Tony Burrows.

Although, Edison DID create the electric chair using alternating current to prove how dangerous it was and to put George Westinghouse out of business.

I truly voted Mr. Thomas Edison!!

I truly voted Mr. Thomas Edison!!

Tesla

Edison was a smart business man and changed the world but Tesla had some killer ideas which had they been developed further might have made the world a better place to live.

Tesla

Edison was a smart business man and changed the world but Tesla had some killer ideas which had they been developed further might have made the world a better place to live.

I agree. A death ray aimed at the Middle East would be quite handy these days......... :P

Tesla, Tesla invented Death-rays and Earthquake machines, Edison invented the lightbulb and the phonograph