Sign in to follow this  
savagediana

Recommendations?

I have never before read a Star Trek book.

If I were to read one--one that would ideally make me want to read more--which one would it be?

I know that there are duds in all franchises. I would hate to randomly choose one and have it end up being one of those.

Therefore I ask for informed recommendations on which one Star Trek book I should read. :laugh:

Diana

A lot depends on which series is your favorite. If you like TOS, then I would wholeheartedly recommend "The Eugenics Wars". It is 3 books long and covers the whole history of Khan and how he came to be. The interesting part of this book is that just about any character from any of the series who lived in the 20-21st century or had time travel capability is in this book. Once you start reading it, you can't put it down. I have read hundreds of Trek books and this one is the best hands down.

Thanks so much!

My favourite series is actually TNG, but that does sound really good. I'll definitely look into those. :blink:

Thanks again! :eek:

I'm a TNG fan aslo, but the best Star Trek I read is Voyagers 'Pathways'. I read alot and most of the writers know the characters so well that you feel like you are watching a long lost episode, when you thought you'd seen them all... it can be real exciting...Enjoy :blink: :jaw::eek:

I read very few Trek Books, but my favorites (and I have all of them) are the ones co-written by William Shatner and The Stevens'. I like them because Shatner adds his perspective as Kirk in them and they're all pretty entertaining (IMO).

A non Trek book was called "Tek War" that got turned into a short lived t.v series and William Shatner was

in it as well.

I remember Tek Wars. Greg Evigan was in the lead role. I remember the show being on the air, but I also remember that it didn't last very long. The books themselves won numerous awards. The show didn't fare as well.

I know this is a rather old topic but I read a lot of Trek books so I thought I'd give some recommendations. From TOS I really liked "Flag Full Of Stars" & "Timetrap." From TNG, "The Children Of Hamlin" is pretty good. I'm currently reading "The Valiant," which portarys Picard as a Lt. on the Stargazer. It's the first Stargazer novel. So far I would recommend it as well. "Mosaic," from Voyager is a good read if you want to know the history of Janeway.

I haven't read any DS9(as it's my least favorite of all the Treks) or Enterprise books, though I do plan on reading, "The Good That Men Do." I've heard it brings Trip back after the end of the show. Can't wait to get that one!