Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Best movies of 2002!

It was kinda hard to come up with them, but these are some I enjoyed a lot:

Nemesis

Ice Age

Signs

Minority Report

Nem the movie sucked (imo, because), they cut out all of the arcs which were the meat of the story. Read the script or the novel, that is where the entire story is.

What they did to The Time Machine is what I fear will happen to Dr. Who if they decide to remake it. H.G. Wells must be spinning in HIS grave.

How dare the movie Signs insult my intelligence asking me to believe the Aliens did not know, after 60 years of observations, that there was WATER on PLANET EARTH! What a load of CRAP!

The ONLY movie I saw in theatres in 2002 was Nemesis. I loved Nemesis. It really struck a cord within me in ways I can't explain.

From what I saw in 2002 I would say my top five are:

Nemesis

Spiderman

Attack of the Clones

Two Towers

Power Puff Girls The Movie

There were a few other good movies as well. Harry Potter 2, The Ring, K-19 and Signs. I thought Signs was awesome until the last 5 minutes of the film which sucked. I still haven't seen The Sixth Sense, but I have seen Unbreakable and I don't think that this director (whatever his name is) knows how to end movies. One move that I will have to put on the "not so great" list for 2002 is The Tuxedo. I'm a huge Jackie Chan fan but I'm sorry this movie just wasn't any good at all.

Mine were ....

Nemesis (hated the ending, and that those scenes were deleted!)

Lord of the Rings:The Two Towers

The Time Machine (I had to wait for DVD, but it was awesome anyway)

and NO laughing!

Pokemon4ever- (this I also had to wait for DVD, but it was a cute movie that came out in 2002, plus with Pokemon it has become more for older children and young adults, versus little kids so not so sappy, the storyline in this one was actually pretty good.) Deals with time travel.....

My top five would be

1.Royal Tanenbaums

2.Nemesis

3.Formula 51

4.Attack of the Clones

5.Gosford Park

I was really disapointed by Sum of all Fears, but i did like Time Machine, but the older one is better, and i'm not really into Lord of the Rings, sorry

Thats Great! I have been wishing Pokemon would come up in the topics again somewhere, here you go>>>>pokeball_smile.gif

Hey, that's great! Bet, Ensign Beedrill would like that smilie too!

Yep, they finally realized that more ADULTS watch the shows/movies than their original target audience(under 10 years old). More ADULTS play the games too, I found out! So they now gear the movies toward a more mature audience, thus there is more of a plotline in each of the newer movies.

Actually I don't think I saw a movie in the Theatre in 2002. I generally download all the movies I want to see lately lol

where do you down load the movies from. and do you burn them to dvd, if so how do they turn out. well anyway my faves of '02 were

SPIDERMAN :)

THE TWO TOWERS :P

ATTACK OF THE CLONES :wow:

NEMESIS :(

Sighns was a good one too, but not favorite material. however i think mel gibson is a great actor, and that he was a big part of what made that movie. nemesis was very good, but i still think as far as the movies go FIRST CONTACT was my fav star trek movie for the tng crew. SPIDERMAN was about the best superhero movie. did anyone see daredevil yet. that was ok. cant wait for X2 the first one was excellent. they need to make a new SUPERMAN movie now. I LOVE MOVIES.

:wow:

How dare the movie Signs insult my intelligence asking me to believe the Aliens did not know,[/color] after 60 years of observations, that there was WATER on PLANET EARTH! What a load of CRAP![/color]

They knew water was on the planet but they underestimated humans and figured that they wouldn't find out.

Of The Movies I saw, My Favorites Include

(in the order I saw them)

Spider-Man

Star Wars Episode II:Attack Of The Clones

Star Trek Nemesis

Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

I hardly ever watch any movies, but I did get around to seeing

Star Wars: Episode 2 Attack of the Clones :wow: (I have got to be one of the BIGGEST Star Wars fans ever)

Star Trek: Nemesis (Thought it could have made a really good series finally for generations, had generations still be on)

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Wasn't fond of the first, LOVED the second)

and Spiderman (I was expecting a LOT less then what it turned out to be)

Hello Everyone! This is my first post to this website. Thank you Ktrek for the link.

My favorite movies last year were:

Signs

Attack of the Clones

Nemesis

Spiderman

Two Towers

I love foreign language and independent films, some favorites are:

Pauline and Paulette

Bread and Tulips

The Runner

Run Lola Run

Mi Ve En Rose (My life in Pink)

Guest Ktrek

Your welcome MMottster!! Glad you joined!!!! Hope you have a good time on the board and make some good friends in the process. :)

Ktrek

and Spiderman (I was expecting a LOT less then what it turned out to be)

so doest that statement mean you liked spiderman more than you thought you would