Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Einstein Of The Week!

Silver Springs - where they filmed The Creature of the Black Lagoon, The Glassbottom boat and various Tarzan movies.

Is it me or is Florida truly disproportianately represented in this thread?

Silver Springs - where they filmed The Creature of the Black Lagoon, The Glassbottom boat and various Tarzan movies.

Is it me or is Florida truly disproportianately represented in this thread?

I don't go out of my way to look for stories about weirdos in Florida if thats what you're asking. I report them as they come up. Apparently, there is a disproportionate amount of Einsteins living in Florida.... :)

Police Catch Burglar With His Pants Down

Associated Press

Posted: 2007-10-29 17:43:11

WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) - The suspect in a weekend burglary was easy to identify: He had left his pants behind at the scene. The man squirmed out of his pants and shoes while scuffling with the homeowner, police said. Clad in only a hooded sweat shirt and red boxer shorts, he fled from the house on the city's northwest side.

Police later found him hiding in tall grass in a wooded area. They are seeking charges of disorderly conduct, burglary and possession of stolen property.

The homeowner spotted a light in his basement when he returned about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, police said Monday. The suspect ran into the garage, could not find his way out and returned to the house, where the homeowner pinned him against a wall.

The homeowner's wife, who had been sleeping upstairs, heard the commotion and called police.

The suspect shimmied out of his pants and fled before officers arrived. A search of his pants turned up property believed to have been taken from a vehicle in the neighborhood, police said.

This is probably one of the reasons that some of those states are banning "baggy pants"..... <_<

Report: Malaysian in trouble for offering needless bribe to cop

Associated Press

Posted: 2007-10-30 23:57:55

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - A Malaysian man apparently fearing he had too much to drink tried to play it safe by bribing a policeman to avoid a breath analyzer test. It turned out he passed the test, but was fined for bribery.

Aw Cheng Fatt offered a police officer 50 ringgit (US$15; €10) after his car was stopped at a police check point for drunk driving three years ago, The Star reported Wednesday.

The alcohol screening test showed the man's blood level was in fact within the permissible limit.

However, Aw wound up getting arrested for corruption and was fined 1,000 ringgit (US$300; €200) in court Tuesday, the report said.

Court and police officials could not immediately be reached to confirm the report.

<_<

Man Arrested After Reporting Pot Theft

AP

Posted: 2007-11-06 16:53:12

McALLEN, Texas (AP) - A man was arrested for drug possession after telling authorities that two masked gunmen had stolen 150 pounds of marijuana from his home.

Hidalgo County sheriff's deputies arrived at the home near Penitas in South Texas to find the door kicked in and nearly 15 pounds of pot lying on the floor, Sheriff Lupe Trevino said.

Jose Guadalupe Flores, 35, escaped while the men ransacked the house but returned later and told the deputies he had been wrapping the drugs for shipment when the intruders arrived.

"The guy walked right up and said the drugs were his," Trevino said. "That's not the smartest move."

Flores, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, was charged with felony possession of marijuana at an arraignment hearing Monday. Because of his immigration status, Flores will be jailed until his case is heard.

Authorities were still searching for the gunmen.

No matter how many times I read this same story with different people.......it never gets old.... :nono:

Police Station No Place to Smoke Weed

AP

Posted: 2007-11-06 16:48:18

DANBURY, Conn. (AP)- A man is facing drug charges after he allegedly walked into the Danbury police station puffing on a marijuana-filled cigar.

Capt. Robert Myles says Scott Snow walked into the station early Saturday and blew smoke from his cigar into a small opening in the bullet-resistant glass separating desk officers from the public.

Myles says the 24-year-old man was told there's no smoking inside the building and he allegedly stubbed out the cigar on the counter.

Officers came out and smelled the distinctive odor of marijuana and arrested Snow.

Police say they found more alleged marijuana in Snow's pants. He has been released after posting bond.

:nono:

The last part sounds like part of a David Letterman joke: "You want to know where the marijuana is? It's IN MY PANTS!"

Yeah, I know. I watch too much Letterman!

Best to Use Tools When Loosening Lug Nut

AP

Posted: 2007-11-12 16:12:57

SOUTHWORTH, Wash. (AP) - A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, sheriff's deputies said.

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth, about 10 miles southwest of Seattle, and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel by Saturday afternoon, Kitsap County Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length, the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with buckshot and debris, with some injuries as high as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

The man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as severe but not life-threatening.

:dude::nono::dude:

Seeing as that happened less then 12 miles from me (same county) I'm shocked this is the first I'm hearing about it! However, the fact that more stories from my county haven't shown up more on this topic is even more shocking to me.

Woman Being 'Silly' Hit by Freight Train

AP

Posted: 2007-11-13 16:59:15

MARYSVILLE, Calif. (AP) - A 54-year-old woman was recovering in the hospital after being hit by a Union Pacific freight train south of Marysville.

Deborah Thompson told authorities afterward that she drank a bottle of whiskey before she wandered to the railroad tracks and tried to wave the train to a stop. When asked why, she told Yuba County sheriff's deputies she was just being silly.

Instead, the train hit her and knocked her 20 to 30 yards.

Thompson suffered head injuries and a fractured thigh bone but was conscious and talking after the accident.

:nono:

It is remarkable, because most people hit by train die. A classmate's brother died trying to beat the train to the crossing. A 2nd cousin drank too much and died after being hit by a train. Kids and commuters around Chicago get hit around crossings every so often. This woman was unbelievably lucky, after behaving stupidly.

Man Fleeing Police Killed By Alligator

SWEETWATER, Fla. — A man was killed by an alligator on the Miccosukee Indian Reservation in Miami-Dade County, Local10.com reported.

The man, who has not been identified, was running from Miccosukee police when he dove into a retention pond, Local10.com reported. There, he was reportedly attacked by the gator and bitten several times.

The man was suspected of breaking into cars with another suspect on the Miccosukee Indian Reservation, Local6.com reported. One was quickly captured.

The man's body was found at the bottom of the pond Friday. The man was bitten on the head several times, Local10.com reported. The gator was later trapped.

It's really sad because a few years in jail is preferable to a round with an aligator.

Apparently there was a sign that said "Caution Live Alligators" but most Floridians avoid bodies of water generally because alligators are everywhere.

A former driver of mine who I had to fire because he turned into a crackhead just moved down to Florida to avoid the cold winter up here. Due to his crack addiction, he had lost his home, car and job and was living in the woods up here. I told him that I would rather bear the cold up here than get eaten by an alligator down there. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned into alligator food.

Police Smelled Trouble With Teenagers

AP

Posted: 2007-11-20 21:02:16

LEICESTER, Mass. (AP) - Two teens who went to the Leicester police station to apply for door-to-door sales permits were arrested after officers say they smelled burned marijuana on them.

Police detected the smell on Garrett St. Cyr after he came into the station last Friday. The officers went outside to talk with his companion, Joshua Kephart, after a computer check and a surveillance video showed he'd driven St. Cyr on a suspended license.

Police said Kephart also smelled of marijuana and had several cans of beer in the car.

Both were charged with marijuana possession. Kephart also was charged driving on a suspended license and minor in possession of alcohol.

The 18-year-olds were released on personal recognizance. No telephone listings could be found for them.

I wonder what they had planned to sell door-to-door???

Sleeping on the job: Bosnian burglar takes a rest, gets caught

AP

Posted: 2007-11-22 05:30:01

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) - A would-be thief took a nap while burgling a house in Bosnia - and the owner found him sound asleep on the couch, police said Thursday.

The man, identified only as Edin M., 21, managed to snatch two bracelets and an earring before falling asleep, police in the central Bosnian town of Maglaj said.

He confessed to breaking into the house. "He saw the couch and just sat to down to rest for a while and fell asleep," police said in a statement.

How can you fall asleep in the middle of robbing a house? Wouldn't you be nervous? Wouldn't your adrenaline levels be elevated?

Michigan man says he shot cow after mistaking it for coyote

AP

Posted: 2007-11-22 15:19:47

COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A man says he shot a neighbor's cow after mistaking it for a coyote. Authorities and the owner are skeptical.

The undersheriff in northern Michigan's Benzie County says he doesn't see how anyone could confuse a 1,400-pound pregnant cow with a coyote, which typically weighs between 20 and 45 pounds.

And anyway, shooting coyotes is illegal during firearm deer season. Authorities asked the county prosecutor to bring charges against the shooter.

A 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his Colfax Township home Saturday when he killed the cow, Undersheriff Rory Heckman told the Traverse City Record-Eagle for a story published Wednesday. Heckman said the man then tried to drag the cow home.

"The part of his story he his holding to is he shot at a coyote. I don't know how he hit a several-thousand pound cow mistaking it for a coyote," Heckman said.

The cow was named Hannah and had wandered away from its farm, about 205 miles northwest of Detroit.

"My husband thought that he should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes because they look nothing alike. It didn't make any sense to me," said owner DeAnn Mosher.

:P

Police: Man tried to open bank account with fake $1M bill

AP

Posted: 2007-11-27 00:21:40

AIKEN, S.C. (AP) - A bank teller in Clearwater had a million reasons not to open an account for an Augusta, Ga., man Monday, authorities said.

Alexander D. Smith, 31, was charged with disorderly conduct and two counts of forgery after he walked into the bank and tried to open an account by depositing a fake $1 million bill, said Aiken County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Michael Frank.

The employee refused to open the account and called police while the man started to curse at bank workers, Frank said.

The second forgery charge came after investigators learned Smith bought several cartons of cigarettes from a nearby grocery store with a stolen check, Frank said.

The federal government has never printed a million-dollar bill, Frank said.

Police: Man tried to open bank account with fake $1M bill

AP

Posted: 2007-11-27 00:21:40

AIKEN, S.C. (AP) - A bank teller in Clearwater had a million reasons not to open an account for an Augusta, Ga., man Monday, authorities said.

Alexander D. Smith, 31, was charged with disorderly conduct and two counts of forgery after he walked into the bank and tried to open an account by depositing a fake $1 million bill, said Aiken County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Michael Frank.

The employee refused to open the account and called police while the man started to curse at bank workers, Frank said.

The second forgery charge came after investigators learned Smith bought several cartons of cigarettes from a nearby grocery store with a stolen check, Frank said.

The federal government has never printed a million-dollar bill, Frank said.

Is the moral of the story that that Mr. Smith has finally learned that theft and forgery to obtain cigarettes can be ... a drag? :P

Man Charged After Santa Gets Pie in Face

AP

Posted: 2007-12-01 14:32:10

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) - A college student accused of shoving a pumpkin pie into the face of a shopping-mall Santa Claus has been charged with misdemeanor assault.

Clint Westwood, 22, said he "lightly smooshed" the pie into the man's face Friday and shouted, "What do you think of that, Santa?"

Westwood, a drama student at the University of Montana, said he videotaped the encounter and plans to include the clip in an upcoming film.

He said that after the pie ruckus on Wednesday, he expected to approach Santa for a signature on a film-release form, but police arrived first.

"It's a good thing he didn't wait around, because I think Santa would have laid him out," said Sgt. Travis Welsh of the Missoula Police Department.

Westwood said he and companions had waited for a girl about 15 years old to finish sitting on Santa's lap before the pie hit his face, "but then we just decided it would be funnier if she was still sitting there."

Santa should have stuffed that film release form where the sun don't shine on that stupid guy!

Michigan man says he shot cow after mistaking it for coyote

AP

Posted: 2007-11-22 15:19:47

COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A man says he shot a neighbor's cow after mistaking it for a coyote. Authorities and the owner are skeptical.

The undersheriff in northern Michigan's Benzie County says he doesn't see how anyone could confuse a 1,400-pound pregnant cow with a coyote, which typically weighs between 20 and 45 pounds.

And anyway, shooting coyotes is illegal during firearm deer season. Authorities asked the county prosecutor to bring charges against the shooter.

A 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his Colfax Township home Saturday when he killed the cow, Undersheriff Rory Heckman told the Traverse City Record-Eagle for a story published Wednesday. Heckman said the man then tried to drag the cow home.

"The part of his story he his holding to is he shot at a coyote. I don't know how he hit a several-thousand pound cow mistaking it for a coyote," Heckman said.

The cow was named Hannah and had wandered away from its farm, about 205 miles northwest of Detroit.

"My husband thought that he should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes because they look nothing alike. It didn't make any sense to me," said owner DeAnn Mosher.

Sounds like the opening day of deer season to me. :P

Man Accused of Stealing Plane to Impress

AP

Posted: 2007-12-03 17:05:48

LaPORTE, Ind. (AP) - A man accused of stealing a twin-engine plane and driving it down the taxiway staged the stunt while he was drunk to impress his girlfriend, police said.

Michael Santos, 38, was charged Friday with theft, criminal mischief and operating a vehicle after his driving privileges had previously been forfeited for life.

Santos, who is being held in the LaPorte County Jail on $2,000 bond, is accused of driving to the LaPorte Municipal Airport despite a lifetime ban on his driving privileges.

According to police reports, Santos was drunk when he took his girlfriend to the airport Sept. 9 to show her that he could fly a plane. They climbed into the plane and were heading down the taxiway when, Santos told police, flames began shooting from the left engine.

He said he turned off all the switches and veered into a soybean field.

Damage to the aircraft was estimated at $160,000.

Police said the plane traveled a half mile along a taxiway before it missed the curve leading to the runway, chopping up soybeans with the propeller before getting stuck in the field.

LaPorte Police Detective Tom Thate said an anonymous tip from someone who overheard a man claiming he tried taking a plane for a ride led police to Santos.

I wonder about this girl. She may be the REAL Einstein here. Getting into an airplane with a drunk guy that claims he can fly???