Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

Temporal Consistency

Despite all its obvious flaws, is Enterprise actually following the timeline that has been set by the first 4 series?

Is it just because it is only on its 3rd season that we cant see the bigger picture yet?

Like the Romulan war (or was it the klingons)...anyway, that war will probably be introduced in like the 6th season.....the Expanse could be destabilised and go into "temporal hell"..

These are all possibilities if Berman and Braga listen to the fans. Or am i being too naive?????

Please post your thoughts, this my first real topic on STF!!!!

I enjoy Enterprise and have been a viewer from day one.However,I've met other Trekkers who absolutely hate Ent,like my uncle roguedawg.He won't even give it a chance to change his opinion... :dude: I would like to see Enterprise involved in at least a few major historical events(canon events which we have previously only heard about on the other shows,or films),just to give it more credibility in the eyes of the anti-Ent crowd.Because most of the Ent haters hate it because it fails(in their opinion) to follow the established canon/non-canon timeline,or whatever.I think a lot of them could be won over if this is handled right. :bow:

I love ENT, have from day one and it keeps getting better all the time. If seeing major events like finally being properly introduced to the likes of the Andorian's, Tellarite's, Tholian's, being there to witness the founding of the Federation and watching the greatest mystery story arc ever (imo) in the guise of the TCW unravel aren't enough to change his mind, than he is a lost cause.

i think ENT, is a great show, i enjoy it greatly. as far as timeline changes, whatever happens they can write around it one way or another, and the assumption is, that no matter what happens they found a way to fix it, because things already happened the way they did, in the other series.

Personally, i reckon they could make a 10 year series and in the final yearhave the Federation formed (canon date : 2161) to fight the Romulan War (or was it the Klingons)

I think Enterprise is great. I think they handle the timeline pretty well especially with Borg episode, I thought that would mess up the timeline. In each series the shows haven't always been perfectly right with the other series. Like the look of the trills when there first scene didn't composed with DS9s image of them and the time in TNG when Scotty says 'Kirk probably pulled the ship out of space dock himself' when according to Generation he was there when Kirk dies.

I had my doubts before the show started as I have never liked the going back to the beging idea but so far its not to bad I am waiting for next season to vote but I have heard from people in the know at least I think so that one of the things they might do with the timeline is that somthing will happen and reset it and the timeline will revert back so that anything that happened before the change will not happen I hope that will not happen that would be a big cop out

well, first, Enterprise has NEVER been mentioned on any other series. Second, the is no canon "first flight" before kirk (although its plausible).... i think they do need to whack in a war and collapse the Expanse, to merge the series together...

and the time in TNG when Scotty says 'Kirk probably pulled the ship out of space dock himself' when according to Generation he was there when Kirk dies.

really?? i don't remember that

btw, i think enterprise is pretty cool

and the time in TNG when Scotty says 'Kirk probably pulled the ship out of space dock himself' when according to Generation he was there when Kirk dies.

really?? i don't remember that

btw, i think enterprise is pretty cool

TNG episode "Relics" after Scotty materializes on the transporter pad and finds out the crew who rescued him is from the Enterprise.

It's a bit of a stretch but perhaps Scotty didn't remember what happened to Kirk right away, he was stuck in a pattern buffer for a long time. Perhaps part of his later depression was because he eventually remembered. :)

im not saying that it hasnt, im just saying to finish it off, they need to put in some canon information...

Enterprise is good and should be given more time to develop but I am sorry but I thought that the borg show has already changed the time line even though they don't know they are called borg they have information in their computers about them now so why doesn't picard or data know about them when they frist meet them I would have at the end have danials come out of nowhere destroy the borg and then do a mib thing on the crew and on earth telling archer that right now this information he can't know at this time sorry for the rant but after watching that show I am still disgusted

It's always gotta be hard, trying for consistency when working in 'earlier' happenings.

My sympathy (and envy) to the scriptwriters and editors.

im not saying that it hasnt, im just saying to finish it off, they need to put in some canon information...

There have been some references made to later Treks. ENT comes before so imo, ENT works best when it strives to appear as if it is creating canon in which later Treks drew their ideas from.

Enterprise is good and should be given more time to develop but I am sorry but I thought that the borg show has already changed the time line even though they don't know they are called borg they have information in their computers about them now so why doesn't picard or data know about them when they frist meet them I would have at the end have danials come out of nowhere destroy the borg and then do a mib thing on the crew and on earth telling archer that right now this information he can't know at this time sorry for the rant but after watching that show I am still disgusted

I don't think they messed with the timeline at all with Regeneration (which is on next week on Enterprise BTW). I'm not sure how much information they have on the Borg. The scientists were baffled that the two drones they were examing were different species and they had no idea what species they were. Whether this information even survived after the drones were reactivated we don't know. As for what Archer knows and put in his report would probably be very little. As you said they did not know what the Borg are called, Archer probably would not make any mention of his "theory" regarding Zephram Cochrane's "story" and the Borg in his report. His report might have simply said that they destroyed the ship and there were no survivors from the science team. Any mention of nanoprobes and what happened to Phlox would not have been looked for by TNG era crew as they did not know what the assimilation process was since Picard was not fully assimilated.

But during Q who when they learned that the borg looked like data should have reconized them from the pictures that were in those records and I guess some of my greaf about this show is that they did things that picard could not do like phloix with the nanoprobes and they destroyed the ship even though it was from their time the borg would have already made far superior the enterprise should not of been able to destroy it