Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Trek Movies

Man, When I Went To See Generations With My Brothers, That Place Was Packed From Front To Back.

I Had Never Seen So Many Other Star Trek Fans Gather In One Place Before. It Was Great. It Was The First TNG Movie, And The Turnout For It Was Awsome.

Later, When I Saw First Contact, The Crowd Was Halved..And About The Same Amount For Insurrection.

When I Saw Nemesis, There Were 3 People There..counting me...hoever, I did see it on December 17....so...

Never saw TMP at the theater when it first opened. The first Time I saw it on a big screen was about 6 mounts before the release of ST6:TUC at a Trek marathon named; Sit Long and Prosper!

I saw TWOK once at the theater within a week or so of the opening and I too remember the crowds :laugh:

Missed 3 & 4 at the theater due to being broke. :laugh: But we did see them later at the above mentioned marathon. :)

5 & 6 opening weekend. :) and multiple times.

Due to our son being grounded we missed seeing 7 until about the 2nd week then we made up for lost time by seeing it 10 times! This was the first film my daughter saw at the theater.

8, opening weekend and more times to follow than I could count! :laugh:

9 & 10 twice at the theater on their opening weekends. :)

Believe it or not but Nemesis was the first Trek movie I saw in the theatre. I went opening day three times and I was surprised at how large the crowd was for the noon and 3:00 showing but the 7:00 showing was PACKED.

I've seen all 10 Star Trek movies at the Theatre. None of them were on opening night but the shows that I went to were packed for the first 8 movies..In fact for STTMP it was sold out and I had to go back for a later show!! I was disappointed in the Crowds during the last 2 Movies..Especially with Nemesis..I liked Nemesis alot and feel that the crowds should have been better..Perhaps it's when it was released..

Or perhaps people unhappy with where Trek has been going lately, you know, the ones who consider themselves more Trekkie than anyone else are using thier power to bring it down. :laugh:

My first Trek movie at theaters was GENERATIONS.

GENERATIONS - Full theater! You could tell most were Trekkies. :laugh:

FIRST CONTACT - 2/3 filled theater, about half Trekkies, half movie goers.

INSURRECTION - 2/3 filled theater, about half Trekkies, half movie goers.

NEMESIS - Once again, about 2/3 filled. However, one thing didn't feel right. Most were teenagers, kids, random-looking people, and so forth. I don't think I recognised anyone as being a Trekkie on opening night, the only time I was able to see the movie in theaters. Where were the Trekkies? :laugh:

The first Star Trek movie I saw in theatre was Nemesis. I was not a Star Trek fan when Insurrection or First Contact came out...

I watched Nemesis with my best friend (she is no Star Trek fan but she liked the movie though she had to look at a total fascinated person next to her who always raised her eyebrows when Jean-Luc was on screen and who almost jumped out of her seat when Shinzon's doc took away blood from Jean-Luc... - ME! :laugh: ) and I wore my TNG uniform :laugh: .

So the experience was amazing for me, to see ST on big screen. :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I have seen every one of the movies at the theater and while i don't remember about the others, I saw NEM on opening night to help with the numbers for TPTB. Even Takara going 25 times did not help enough :laugh:

Darn!

The only Star Trek films I have seen at the theater were Star Trek:TWOK and Star Trek:The Search for Spock,and I saw them at a drive-in.I loved going to the movies as a kid and hanging out with all of my friends and the other kids that happened to be there.My local drive-in had a playground at the base of the screen,so if a flick wasn't interesting thats where I could be found(or playing tag amongst the rows and rows of cars).Most times,though,I sat on top of my dad's car,or on the hood.I didn't much care for Star Trek,then,but I liked the special effects and the space battles.The battle between Enterprise and Reliant in the Mutara Nebula was riviting...my eyes were glued to the screen.

I have seen all but two of the Star Trek movies in the theaters. The only two that I didn't see in the theater were TMP and TWOK seeing as though when TMP came out I was but a twinkle in my parent's eye's and TWOK I was about three years old and like I can remember that far back.

Unfortunetly the only 2 movies I saw in the theaters were the two I couldn't stand (The Final Frontier and Nemesis). :laugh: The crowds at both were pretty good though.

I don't think I recognised anyone as being a Trekkie

How does one Recognize A Trekkie? :laugh:

Looking At Me, You'd never Guess That I'm A Star Trek Fan.

You can identify Trekkies going to see the new movie when they gather arround discussing Trek, cheep when the bad guy's ship explodes at the end, some random person yells out, "That's Janeway!" and so on. :laugh:

i saw all the tng movies in theatres. i remember all huge crowds for all of them except nemesis, where the theatre was only half full. (mind you i did see it near the end of its theatrical run.)

I've seen 6-10 in the theaters, the only one I didn't see in opening night was 6. A couple of days before First Contact was released the theater was showing TWOK so my friend and I went to go watch it. We were amazed to see how big the ships were since we were so use to seeing them on a smaller screen.

I don't think I recognised anyone as being a Trekkie

How does one Recognize A Trekkie? :laugh:

Looking At Me, You'd never Guess That I'm A Star Trek Fan.

You can identify Trekkies going to see the new movie when they gather arround discussing Trek, cheep when the bad guy's ship explodes at the end, some random person yells out, "That's Janeway!" and so on. :laugh:

NO, THAT DONT WORK EITHER, you would never guess im a trekkie, at the movies, because i dont talk to anyone about it afterwards, or act any different than an avid movie goer, who just enjoys movies, and sci-fi in general. thats like saying i can see what religion you are, or anything else, just by looking at you. :laugh:

I have seen all of the TNG movies in the theater, opening day(or at least extremely close to it, lol)

Generations, seen here in St. Augustine...packed audience

First Contact, same thing

Insurrection...almost packed

Nemesis, seen in Jacksonville(45 minutes to the north, because the stupid theater here REFUSED to show the movie, felt that Hot Chick and Maid In Manhattan deserved more playing time there :laugh: )...started off rather empty, but filled in rather quickly, complete with people in costumes(Now thats something you'd never see in my hometown!)!

The first movie I saw in the movies was TMP on December 07th 1979. The day it opened. I saw it about 10 to 15 more times after that. I have seen every ST movie in the movies except Nemesis. My work schedule was such that I could never get to a theater in time.

Stardate:213614.9

I went and seen Generations,FC,INS,and NEM on opening night.

Generations-Place was packed more people in a theater then i had ever saw before.(at the time)

First Contact-Had to wait it in a line for 6 and half hours.The line extended 8 blocks past the theater. :dude: First Contact set a attendance record for one movie at the theater.Today that record still stands.

Insurrection-Theater about Half full.

Nemsis-26 people were there including me.

The Star Trek Movie, I saw at the cinema was Generations. I couldn't go and see First Contact because my parent's wouldn't let me because I was only 10 and was really annoyed about that because I looked 12. I saw Nemesis on the opening day and I've seen Insurrection at the Cinema. But the cinema was never that crowded for any of them.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this in previous posts, but here I go again. I've seen ALL of the Trek movies in the theater at least once. The first six I saw multiple times. I'll admit I am a TOS fan, but that's not the only reason I didn't see the TNG films multiple times. It's hard to put in to words, but the atmosphere has changed. The crowd isn't fun anymore, and they don't "get into" the movies like they used to. Maybe it's because the first four movies were the ONLY new Trek we had-there was no TNG, DS9, or VOY on TV yet. The crowd would cheer when their favorite character appeared on screen, or when Kirk kicked the bad guy's butt. It's not like that anymore. Now people complain more than they cheer. The "party" atmosphere is gone, and I miss it.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this in previous posts, but here I go again.  I've seen ALL of the Trek movies in the theater at least once.  The first six I saw multiple times.  I'll admit I am a TOS fan, but that's not the only reason I didn't see the TNG films multiple times.  It's hard to put in to words,  but the atmosphere has changed.  The crowd isn't fun anymore, and they don't "get into" the movies like they used to.  Maybe it's because the first four movies were the ONLY new Trek we had-there was no TNG, DS9, or VOY on TV yet.  The crowd would cheer when their favorite character appeared on screen, or when Kirk kicked the bad guy's butt.  It's not like that anymore.  Now people complain more than they cheer.  The "party" atmosphere is gone, and I miss it.

People used to have a hunger for Star Trek they don't have now. We've been flooded with too much trek too fast (IMO). They need to stop for a while and let people develope that hunger again. I still haven't been able to catch up on all the shows, there's too much.

People used to have a hunger for Star Trek they don't have now. We've been flooded with too much trek too fast (IMO). They need to stop for a while and let people develope that hunger again. I still haven't been able to catch up on all the shows, there's too much.

You hit the nail on the head, RC. Back when the TOS movies were released, they were the only new Trek episodes available on film. Trek fans waited with anticipation for each film's release, and tickets were sold out weeks before the movie opened. People were GLAD to see our heroes in action once again, and that joy was palpable in the theater. It made attending a Trek film FUN. Nowadays, people complain about silly little things like the color of the uniforms being wrong or the fact that Beverly parted her hair on the wrong side. It's kinda sad.

The first film i saw was First Contact. It was at our cinema back home in the country. I went with my friend at that time and we were the only people in the cinema. It was such a good film and the lack of others boosted my experience.

I then went to see Insurrection in the city. I was very cynical when i saw it as i had read a review of it off the internet months before. The guy who wrote it was very sarcastic and i heard him in my head the whole way through. Plus the guy i went to see it with (another trekie/trekker) breathed through his nose the whole way through. Argh!!!!

Nemesis, it took me ages before i went to see it. It just didnt excite me. I got very worried. If i wasnt really bothered, then is that why, maybe, it failed? People just weren'e motivated to go see i? "Oh them again?"

I would have loved to have been a trekkie back in the early 80s and have gone to see Wrath of Khan. That film genius! Love it.

The first movie I saw in the theater was IV. I was only like 6 years old but I remember that the first showing we went to was sold out so we had to wait until the next showing. Even it was pretty packed.

I saw V the day after it came out and it wasn't really that full, but it was in the afternoon.

I didn't see VI until the Monday after it was realesed and again it was like a 2:30 showing or something so it wasn't that full.

Generatoins took me almost a week to get to the theater to see but I remember it bing kinda full.

I saw First Contact the day it came out and I remember having to wait in line for 30 minutes just to get tickets!

I also saw Inurection the day it was released and though I didn't have to wait in line as long as I did for First Contact, it was pretty full.

Unlike 4-9 which I was living in Oklahoma at the time, I got to see Nemesis at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood! (I had just recently moved to LA). It was really full but not quite sold out. By far the most people I've ever seen at a theater at one time to see a Star Trek film, but there really just aren't enough Trekies in Oklahoma!

I've never seen the older movies in the theatre except for the fouth one, but I don't remember that experience because I was too young. But it is my guess that things are different now partly because the movies don't have the same depth. There was something special about the older movies (excpet for TMP) that is just beyond words. The TNG movies are entertaining but are lacking that element whatever that may be that makes it truely special.

I didn't see Generation in a movie theater, because I wanted to see the movie in English (where I was then, the theater were just presenting movies in French)

I decided to go see First contact in French, and during the nightmare of Picard at the beginning, when I heard him scream, I started to laugh so hard... at the translation voice!!!!!

They were 20 ppl in the theater, but it was on a monday.

I went to see Insurection at the opening in Montreal. Movie in English, the place was packed

And I saw Nemesis at the beginning of January (I couldn't go sooner.. Well, I could, but in French. I was at my parent place for Christmas, and remember first contact, I decided to wait). But the place was 1/2 pack, which for a tuesday at 4 was good.

And for Data's fan, I beg you, don't look at any Star Trek movie in French.. This is painfull

Edited by Ezri Dax

Yes, Ezri, I know what you are talking about :bow:

We have three French TV channels here. And everytime I watch it I think "this is really scary"... The voices do not suit to the people :assimilated:

I have never seen star trek in French and I don't plan to do so :frusty:

(no offense against French, my husband is a Frenchman :frusty::frusty::frusty: )

Mrs. Captain Picard

And for Data's fan, I beg you, don't look at any Star Trek movie in French.. This is painfull

You got me curious Ezri so I went and grabbed First Contact and put in on French and you are sooooooooooooo right - it is painful!!!!