Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Another Borg feature?

The Borg are by far one of the most interesting and spine tingling adversaries Star Trek has ever seen. Depite their dilution in Voyager to almost soap b1tch status, as opposed to the more mysterious and gothic evil image of tng, they are still a great plot device. First Contact is a great film. Maybe not as tightly written as Khan but thaks to the visuals, it made quite an impact. I would not object to seeing the Borg return in the next film. With a new leader as opposed to the "Janeway! (hisss)" Borg queen. She just became Alexis Carrington in the end. Yes. The Borg are for me and since Voyager clamed them after tng Some of those characters could lend a hand. A sort of tng-Voyager Generations as it were. *Borg Queen: "Meaurrrrrr!!! (stabbing with fingernails)* :wow:)

I would pay to see them again, but it would have to be the final showdown. AND Data would ahve to be back so he could pay the Queen back for what she did to him.

I agree, they were the only one that really are nightmare material.

the Borg- The stuff of nightmares.

Yeah, I would probably like to see them come back on the condition that like Lessa said, that Data comes back to pay the Borg Queen back for what she did! Hey, and if what the novelization of Nemesis stated is true...one of the things she did was cause the destruction of his emotion chip!

Hmm...  Guess ya missed the fact that Data HAD his emotion chip in INSURRECTION, huh? :wow:

Didn't miss that fact at all. The novelization for Nemesis says that Data's emotion chip was fried from his encounter with the Borg Queen. That is the reason they give for Data being quite unemotional in Nemesis.

Alterego, I love those "Borg smilies".

I think if they were to have a really good story then having the Borg back would be great but I still think I'd like to see the Romulans back but this time as THE villain.

I would pay to see them again, but it would have to be the final showdown. AND Data would ahve to be back so he could pay the Queen back for what she did to him.

I agree, they were the only one that really are nightmare material.

Romulans or Borg all the way for me. I think they were definitely some of the best ST villians (didn't much like the Queen, though...EITHER of them. and you're right, prometheus, they were much more...prissy in VOY)

Lessa, what are you talking about when you say "what she did to him"? You better not mean what I think you mean... :wow:

borgsmile.gifborgsmile.gifborgsmile.gifRESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I have been dying for a good place to put this!

I love that line too. :devil:

on a VERY related topic (it is, it is!) - which is the "American" and which is the "British" of futile? Brent says "futill" and the borg say "futyle"...

I don't know dsbs, I have heard both versions said by both British and Americans. People say I sometimes have a Scottish, Welsh or Irish accent....and I say it both ways, have no idea on why though???

I always get confused with stuff ilke this. I live in Canada and my parents are from south africa, so half the time I hear myself speaking in their accent by accident.

Don't worry, dsbs...If you saw one of my other posts...I am second generation Norwegian on my Dad's side and 4th Generation Danish on my mother's side.

Plus- from my Dad, I am Norwegian, German, Irish

and from my Mom, I am Norwegian, German, Danish, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Polish, Cree Indian, a little either Russian or Ukrainian. So believe me, it is easy to pick up your family's accents (ancestrally, speaking)

So having trouble choosing "futyle" or "futill" as properly pronounced WOULD be difficult for some.

Yes I know, people usually just stare with their mouth's open when I list it off....

What do you think about bringing the Borg back, dsbs?

Lessa, what are you talking about when you say "what she did to him"? You better not mean what I think you mean... 

Just close you eyes, breath and pretend you did not read that part.

Come on now, love, even if...that...did not happen, don't you think he would still be just a little miffed at her? ANd why the heck did she not give him skin on his lips for crying out loud? the side if his head? what fun is that?

sorry, went a way there for a minute. Back now.

I also still think that Picard would have an ax to grind and if we got Sisko back, heck, they killed his wife and Wolf 359. He would be really to rip them a new one! :wow:

Yes I know, people usually just stare with their mouth's open when I list it off....

What do you think about bringing the Borg back, dsbs?

I think DO IT!! (I want my two more movies! - one for the borg and bringing data back, one for the romulans and a PROPER goodbye to the crew!), but I'm not sure how they could, judging by FC.

Lessa, I thought he looked good with the side of his face like that! (and I don't know what you're talking about...Data never did anything except kiss the borg Queen. But yes, he needs his revenge...although I don't think he thinks so. He's too nice.)

WHAT IS THIS WOLF THING PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT???

WHAT IS THIS WOLF THING PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT???

Wolf 359 was where the battle with the Borg happened in Best of Both Worlds Part II.

A lot of people assume that when they say the Borg Queen was seducing Data that it meant they had intimate relations but I don't think they did. I'm not sure if the Borg Queen was physically capable of participating. Her body was just a "vessel" for her conscientiousness. The Borg don't seem to reproduce but assimilate children instead.

Thank you thank you thank you! I've had a heck of a time convincing people of this! They didn't even have their clothes off! IF they were going to do anything they were inturrupted! hahaha! (this is what happens when you get me started....)

And as for Wolf, I guess I need to see rhat episode again (hey, I only saw it once - at the begining, when I wasn't completely obsessed!), as this is pretty pathetic. :wow:

Thank God!!! I have friends that agree with me on this issue!! I kept saying that Data and the Borg Queen never did anything but kiss, and people kept telling me that I was just HOPING they didn't! I don't think their relationship went very far, I mean her body is merely a shell from the shoulders down!!!

And you don't even WANT to hear what they were talking about at TrekWeb's TrekBBS! I mean they got all perverted over there!! I was very very very angered and upset by what they were saying!!!!

Thank God!!! I have friends that agree with me on this issue!! I kept saying that Data and the Borg Queen never did anything but kiss, and people kept telling me that I was just HOPING they didn't! I don't think their relationship went very far, I mean her body is merely a shell from the shoulders down!!!

And you don't even WANT to hear what they were talking about at TrekWeb's TrekBBS! I mean they got all perverted over there!! I was very very very angered and upset by what they were saying!!!!

Gosh when would they have had the time to. What's the Borg Queen going to say - "Gee let's make out between when we graft the skin on your arm and the skin on your forehead. Don't worry there are only 50 Borg drones in here - I'll tell them to close their eyes". (note sarcasm)

Ha-Ha, love the sarcasm Takara!! Yes, as much as I'd hate the idea of the Borg Queen getting close to him, that many people/Borg around that would be difficult! (As for the kiss, I will forever be jealous...she, Tasha, Jenna, Adrian MacKenzie, and all the girls in the novels are just so damn lucky!!)

"Thank God!!! I have friends that agree with me on this issue!! I kept saying that Data and the Borg Queen never did anything but kiss"

We never saw them do anything in the film. But that doesnt mean they didnt do anything. We cannot assume, on the evidence, one way or another. We could speculate that any sexual act they may have performed may have gone beyond the conventional physical means. They could have had a neural link up mind sex or something. But sexual betrayal is a strong plot device. Im sure there are other ways of having sex in the future that doesnt involve the old 'in out'!

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I reckon the Borg have become a little whimpy. They are now too easily defeated every time they come across the Federation. I think it is time for a new villain. The Remans impressed me in Nemesis and seem to have "potential" in the villain stakes.

The Remans did have some very good Villain points there.

As for the Borg being wimpy, I have read posts about this and what I have gathered is that most people think the Voyager version of the Borg are the wimpy ones. So is that the Borg you are reffering to vcoolio?

Yillara,

Mostly yes as Voyager was the last ST series on air and they seemed to have the most encounters with the Borg. Every encounter became a little "ho-hum" as the ending was a forgone conclusion. Maybe, to add some spice, some future script could actually have the Borg being victorious over the Federation: you know, as an ongoing saga. Somewhat along the lines of the many battles fought throughout Earth's history--gains and losses, no-one having the edge until a really decisive encounter turns the tide completely (such as D-Day during WW II).

Just a thought.....

VC

I'd Love To see another Borg Movie. That'd be Great.

and If anyone says tha the Borg Have Been used way too much....if that's true...Then The Klingons should have been put out to pastur a long time ago :bow:

That is the difference with TNG and Voyager battles with the Borg. The Borg won sometimes. The Enterprise would have been lost had Q not intervened in Q Who and the huge number of casualties at Wolf 359 before the Enterprise won a battle in BOBW. The losses were huge in First Contact as well with much of the fleet devoted to defeating the Borg. How was Voyager able to come out on top all by itself in the Borg's home turf. :bow:

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I reckon the Borg have become a little whimpy. They are now too easily defeated every time they come across the Federation. I think it is time for a new villain. The Remans impressed me in Nemesis and seem to have "potential" in the villain stakes.

Well, after FC and Voyager's ending, the Borg were supposed to be pretty much defeated..that was the whole point!