Sign in to follow this  

I enjoyed Mr.Mot,too.Reminded me a lot of Mr.Bing,the barber I went to in my childhood(gave me my first haircut).The guy was a certified authority on every subject known to man and needed no prompting to tell you how he thought somebody or some job could have been done better,"If only....". <_<

Mr. Mot is so great <_<

I remember a scene... Jean-Luc sitting there and Mr. Mot behind him cutting (?) his hair (I thought: Why does Jean-Luc have to go to a barber??? :lol: ) and talking a lot, Jean-Luc getting annoyed... I loved it!

And also in "Starship Mine" when Jean-Luc says "I'm the barber..." Great scene :lol: always reminds me of Mr. Mot :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Yeah, I liked seeing Picard be in the hotseat but I was happy it weren't me in the chair. <_< Mot had plenty to say but I liked him.

Well I can't answer your question CJLP wish I could but you know how it goes can seem to remember anything when I'm at work. All I know is that Mr. Mot was a great character and he reminded me alot of the barber that my dad used to take mo to when I was younger what a great guy.

I remember the one where he goes on about how nice Klingon hair is to cut and that’s why he got carried away and cut to much of Worf's hair off.

I remember the one where he goes on about how nice Klingon hair is to cut and that’s why he got carried away and cut to much of Worf's hair off.

That was Schisms, I think Mot was in a few episodes but I can only think of this episode for sure.

Ken Thorley (Mott) is the actors name. By searching for his name credits in the Captains Logs and doing some other searching I find him listed as first appearing in Schisms, there was a deleted scene with him in The Chase, he is next mentioned by name in Starship Mine and finally, I remember he has a brief cameo in INS. He is a very difficult character to track down and this info may be incomplete.

Ken Thorley (Mott) is the actors name. By searching for his name credits in the Captains Logs and doing some other searching I find him listed as first appearing in Schisms, there was a deleted scene with him in The Chase, he is next mentioned by name in Starship Mine and finally, I remember he has a brief cameo in INS. He is a very difficult character to track down and this info may be incomplete.

You're right, Alterego, it IS confusing. The Encyclopedia says that he first appeared in Data's Day. I think the confusion lies in the fact that Mot was protrayed by two different actors. In Data's Day he was played by Shelly Desai and was called V'Sal in the script. They didn't use the name V'Sal on the air however.

Ken Thorley portrayed the character in later episodes, including Schisms and Ensign Ro.

It was funny because everyone was so annoyed by him but didn't want to say anything because he was a good barber lol. Though I liked it even more when Picard pretended to be mot, the ships barber in that one episode whose name escapes me. I think it was Starship Mine.

Yes, I like him!

He was funny, and being a barber, he wasn't a unbelievable carracter...

Like the " I need a element, so let's put a funny officer there..."

MOTT! MOTT! MOTT! He was a great character. I once dressed as a bolian for a Labor Day Parade., altho I did wear a blue fright wig...i just thought it added to the fun. I really wish i could get my Trek friends to post the photos on our web sit so I could link to it... Oh well. Edited by SpaceHippie

I adore the character,Mot.It was always nice to see him on an episode,making unsolicited recommendations to the command officers and advice to everyone in general.There was a little bit of every barber I have ever known in Mot.