Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

If First Officers Became Captains

Which Captain would you prefer to serve?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which Captain would you prefer to serve?

• Spock
    • Riker
    • Kira
    • Chakotay
    • T'Pol

Riker was promoted and I'd like to think Chakotay was allowed to stay in Star Fleet. But it's hard to say which captain I would prefer. Kira or Chakotay. T'Pol would be dead last - that much I know.

Stardate:213600.8

Spock.Afterall he was promoted to Captian.

I'd choose Riker first. Chakotay would be my second choice. My reason is that I would not want to serve a Vulcan captain. They may make a good first officer, but I don't think that a Captain should only rely on logic; emotion must be a part of it. As for Kira, she would be my third choice because she is just as human as Riker or Chakotay, but she works for the Bajoran government, and I would want a Starfleet Captain. If for hypothetical reasons she was in Starfleet I would be very willing to serve with her. As for the reason I choose Riker over Chakotay, Riker has the more favorable career past in my opinion. Chakotay was a maquis afterall.

Riker first.Chakotay a very close second.Spock third.Number One(Majel Barrett) fourth.I'm not adding Kira as she isn't Starfleet.And T'pol....nope.I'd rather be low ho on the totem pole in a seedy Orion brothel than serve under her on Ent!

:)

I voter for Riker. We've seen Spock as Captain of the Enterprise, while we've seen Riker, Kira, and Chakotay in command while the Captain was elsewhere many times. We haven't seen T'Pol in command of the Enterprise enough to know if she'd make a good captain. So, that left me with Spock, Riker, Kira, and Chakotay. They all have their strengths, so I just had to go with that whom I'd get along best with, so I picked Riker. :)

I prefer Captain William Thomas Riker :)

He is a great officer and a great captain, I think. So I'd like to be under his command.

:bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

just a little F/y/i>>> IN THE VOYAGER BOOK (the farther shore) on the last page :

Click for Spoiler:

chakotay tells janway he's staying in starfleet and janeway tells him shes been authorized to offer him a position of captian on the newly revamped VOYAGER ship

:) so i think that would be awesome to serve with him.

Wow, this certainly was tough choosing between Riker and Spock..I would serve under either of them but I did vote for Riker..I believe that he would be a great Captain to serve for...Hope we get to see him in command in the next movie.. :)

I'd have to say Capt. Riker. Serving with Picard has given him the necessary experience to sit in "The Chair" and he has a charm that makes him ideal for an authority figure. He combines humor and seriousness in such a way that there is no doubt he could charm the pant's off a Klingon (figurativly speaking). Spock would be next as I respect his 1/2 human logical approach to everything. Chakotay would tie for third with Kira, and I'd never want to see T'Pol commanding anything more important than a lounge. She's way too by the book and cautious about things. No fun there. :spock:

definetly Riker.....as much as I like Spock, as stated in a previous post, every decision can't be based on logic. So Chokotay would be next.....Spock and T'pol would in my book be last.

Kira. By far she has been the most action driven person and has nerves of steel. Her Bajoran maliche training along with her extensive knowledge of tactics would make her my first choice for captain. Also, me and her could go for coffee and have girl talk. lol

Chakotay... Riker... Chakotay.. Riker....Chakotay!

I had to pick one.. lol

I agree than serving with a Vulcan captain would be excessively hard

And Kira.. I think she needs a little more time to be a good starship captain. Old demons to take care off

I chose Spock. I believe he would need officers ( like me :dude: ) who understand logic, but also could offer alternative solutions if the logical solution was not the best one.

My second choice would be Chakotay. My third choice would be Riker.

I would gladly serve under Will Riker. He has been mentored by the great Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

I say spock because he's fair and impartial. He also has the best survival abilities because he wnt through kohlinar discipline.

I have to go for Chakotay.

The man was everything I am looking for in a mate! I'm sure there would be a way to bring him round to the fraternising of lower officers!!!!

Riker all the way. We have seen him take command beautifully so many times it's not even. And we cannot disreguard that he did serve under Picard. So he should have picked up on Picard's wealth of knowledge and experience.

I went with MR.SPOCK i just think he has more command

experience..but riker is a close second.