Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

GREETINGS!!!!

Welcome to the board! As you read the postings here I think you'll find we all have spelling errors at one time or another, and no one ever points them out. I feel sure you will be warmly welcomed. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Jean-Luc - I'm so glad you're here. Nobody complains when you use colors and big type here either!! Everybody here is extremely friendly. Once you get used to the layout, you're gonna LOVE IT HERE!!!

And they've just added a chatroom, so you can meet your friend there for your RPG!! This will be better, Jean-Luc, you'll see.

I look forward to responding to your always-imaginative posts.

Welcome to the boards. You will find a lot of former startrek.com posters at this site. It is so good to be at boards with intelligent members and no spam (other than alterego's pictures of spam)

Yes, and the moderators are extremely helpful and friendly if you have any questions at all, right Takara???

Yes, and the moderators are extremely helpful and friendly if you have any questions at all, right Takara???

They're gods!!! :lol: ;) :lol:

I love your name! I'm not a very good speller myself, it's just something I could never get the hang of. Anyway no one has said anything to me yet. This is a very friendly board and like the others before me have said.. I'm sure your like it. Welcome aboard!

Hey Jean Luc. welcome. I'm Jewish too. And the situation at st.com was almost as bad (my gosh, people would post liek 50 posts in a row aout nothing, insult everyone for no reason, and, of course, the toilet humour, sex jokes, and totally inapropriate comments). It's amazing, but there;s nothing like that here!

I too am a star trek.com refugee. I used to post messages but only got insults and silly arguments back in return. No one wanted to talk, just criticise and act superior all the time. Posts there were quantity and not quality. And some people just went on and o :wow: n and on... i like it here. Much much better!

Greetings all. I too have migrated from from startrek.com though I still post there occasionally. Nice to meet you Picard. I just have a question, is it possible that you just misunderstood what was going on on your other board? Since you were a mod there, it sounds like you had power. Remember that it is just a message board and you can't take things too seriously. From an objective view, I can see how your comments on Jews could be seen as racist, though I'm sure that wasn't your intention. Maybe if you went back and just said I'm sorry everything would be ok.

How did they know WHERE you were?

If your intent was to leave the past behind, why was the very first thing you posted on THIS site a rehash of what had happened there?

He posted telling us where he was going. And no, it's not over.

Who are you? Please, this SITE has done nothing to you. Please take the battle elsewhere and leave us to enjoy ourselves, please.

Indeed, this looks to be a very good site. If we can let bygones be bygones things will work fine.

EDIT: For those who are wondering who the heck I am. I am a poster from the otherboards who liked many of Picards posts there. I post here because this looks to be a good site. I have no intention whatsoever of continuing a battle which should be finished on another board unless Picard insists on it.

Indeed, this looks to be a very good site. If we can let bygones be bygones things will work fine.

Your beef is with the Captain. "bygones be bygones"? Are you talking to me? There is nothing between this site and you for there to be any "bygones" about.

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect to you. I meant if Picard can just let things go and start over, there will be no problems. I'm not looking for trouble, just another great message board

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect to you. I meant if Picard can just let things go and start over, there will be no problems. I'm not looking for trouble, just another great message board

I’m sorry but your post I quoted here assumes to me that unless the captain does something you want him to do there is going to be trouble here.

Please clarify your position in regards to causing trouble or not on these boards.

I will not cause trouble on these boards, but will defend myself if Picard insists on continuing something that I feel is over.

I agree when you said I should not have posted my "past experrience" with the previous board. That makes logical sense. But, Henry comes and attacks me, and the moderrator just magically jumps on his side and assumes I'm bad news. That was my reason for deciding to leave. I am no trouble maker, just someone who wants to have a good discussion. Good-bye.

I agree when you said I should not have posted my "past experrience" with the previous board.  That makes logical sense.  But, Henry comes and attacks me, and the moderrator just magically jumps on his side and assumes I'm bad news.  That was my reason for deciding to leave.  I am no trouble maker, just someone who wants to have a good discussion.  Good-bye.

I was not magically jumping on his side. My response (which another mod has since deleted) was based SOLEY on the fact the conversation had started in the first place.

You, having been a mod before should be able to understand where I am coming from on this.

There were NO side's taken, I only wanted it to STOP. I hope that is clear.

Sign in to follow this