Sign in to follow this  
Syperphobia

Star Trek Theme Park

Should we have a Star Trek Theme Park?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Star Trek Theme Park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
    • Undecided

I was wondering if you all would like to have a Star Trek Theme park. Imagine, a roller coster that features every space ship, that stared on Star Trek, (only major ones).... also special foods can be done. Things will be sectioned off as sectors, they can have a Klingon Empire, Federation, and Vulcan as major ones to begin and then it minors off into Cardassian Territory, Kazon, etc...

The shops can be located in Ferengi area, beware of the ears!!!

What do yea think, suggestions?!?! Should the world have a Star Trek Theme Park, we already have a museum.

:bow::vbg::look: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be so much fun..Can't imagine anybody on this Forum voting 'No' on this question..The big question is : "How do we make it happen"? :look:

Yeah!!! That would be great - move over Disneyland make room for Roddenberryland!

:look:

Stardate:213592.8

Roddenberryland.Now that would be something I would go to.

I voted no. For me, STAR TREK is a series of TV shows, movies, soundtracks, and books. We have STAR TREK: THE EXPERRIENCE to top it off. Having a theme park would be going a bit far, don't ya think? :look: Me, I'd rather go to something like Paramount's Carowinds. :lol:

That would be great! You could count me in for being there on opening day!

:look: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Theme parks I think ususally should have variety to them so that anyone can have fun at them. But if a Star Trek one were made alot of people would refuse to go. You know how some Startrek-phobic some people can be.

Theme parks I think ususally should have variety to them so that anyone can have fun at them.  But if a Star Trek one were made alot of people would refuse to go.  You know how some Startrek-phobic some people can be.

I think if the rides are great (one or two monster roller coasters for example) people will come whether it's Trek or not. It would be nice but I doubt it will happen since Paramount already has theme parks with not much devoted to Trek unfortunately.

I voted no.  For me, STAR TREK is a series of TV shows, movies, soundtracks, and books.  We have STAR TREK: THE EXPERRIENCE to top it off.  Having a theme park would be going a bit far, don't ya think? :look: Me, I'd rather go to something like Paramount's Carowinds. :lol: 

OMG, well someone had to spoil it, just kiddin friend. I sort of agree with you, but I think it would be great to have a Theme Park even exclusively for Science Fiction, why stop with Star Trek.... A Whole Freakin' (bad word?, unsure; if so I will edit for the kiddies) World of Science Fiction....

:lol:

Hey put me on the guest list, too, if it is not too far away from my home... Oh for something like that I would get all the money I have and travel wherever it is... GREAT IDEA :unsure: ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

it would be great to have one but I do like the idea of having one that was for all science fiction think about it borg walking around with jedi I think that would be just swell.

I voted no.  For me, STAR TREK is a series of TV shows, movies, soundtracks, and books.  We have STAR TREK: THE EXPERRIENCE to top it off.  Having a theme park would be going a bit far, don't ya think? :unsure: Me, I'd rather go to something like Paramount's Carowinds. :bow: 

OMG, well someone had to spoil it, just kiddin friend. I sort of agree with you, but I think it would be great to have a Theme Park even exclusively for Science Fiction, why stop with Star Trek.... A Whole Freakin' (bad word?, unsure; if so I will edit for the kiddies) World of Science Fiction....

;)

OK, this is a far more better idea. Lots of people love science fiction. You could have all kinds of stuff and have a Star Trek roller coaster as the "main attraction", and instead of some race car simulator-theater kind of thing, you could have a "simulated shuttle ride"!

I voted no.  For me, STAR TREK is a series of TV shows, movies, soundtracks, and books.  We have STAR TREK: THE EXPERRIENCE to top it off.  Having a theme park would be going a bit far, don't ya think? :) Me, I'd rather go to something like Paramount's Carowinds. :bow: 

:hug:

OK, this is a far more better idea. Lots of people love science fiction. You could have all kinds of stuff and have a Star Trek roller coaster as the "main attraction", and instead of some race car simulator-theater kind of thing, you could have a "simulated shuttle ride"!

I think I should of updated my poll, but you cannot do that. I think the people would like to have a SCI-FI Themed Park. Star Trek, Star Wars, SG-1, Farscape, Andromeda, Earth Final Conficlt, Mutant X (although this is more Comic), all rolled into one...

Click for Spoiler:

Decided to drop the :) Bel Ami :lol:, signature

I would definaltley go as long as there was a romulan empire area. (watch out for the tal shiar though) :) :) :lol:

:bow:

I don't think it would pay to have it. I live in Virginia and go to Paramount's Kings Dominion every year. They had a Star Trek theme there a few years back and it didn't fare too well. I picked up some nice memorabalia from the shops, but as for a whole park devoted to Star Trek.........I don't think there are enough fans around to keep the park running.

I actually am neutral in the vote. I mean, it would be kinda cool... but then again, who knows if it would be a good theme park. I mean the series & movies are great, and the novels too... but as a theme park, biggest concern I have about theme parks in general is the ridiculous prices they have at them.

There used to be a Star Trek attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando that was pretty cool. You got to dress up in uniforms circa TOS: Wrath of Khan. They then brought you to a room with some chairs and gave you dialogue to recite. They would direct you to look over here and say this and so on. When you were finished, they would incorporate this footage into a movie so that it seemed as though you were interacting with the TOS crew. It was a lot of fun. I played the Captain (of course!), my wife played the Vulcan science officer and my son played the helmsman. I still have the tape and play it from time to time.

There used to be a Star Trek attraction at Universal Studios in Orlando that was pretty cool. You got to dress up in uniforms circa TOS: Wrath of Khan. They then brought you to a room with some chairs and gave you dialogue to recite. They would direct you to look over here and say this and so on. When you were finished, they would incorporate this footage into a movie so that it seemed as though you were interacting with the TOS crew. It was a lot of fun. I played the Captain (of course!), my wife played the Vulcan science officer and my son played the helmsman. I still have the tape and play it from time to time.

I remember that one.. we still have the video of it too!

My dad was the Captain, my sister was the Vulcan, and my mom brother and I all were the other Academy graduates (my brother was like four years old, so he shared a line with me. To this day we remind him of it, LOL)