Sign in to follow this  
Guest Voyager

Borg Queen First Contact

Guest Voyager

I have only seen 3 of the movies and the Star Trek Voyager series, so I might be missing something out, but how did the Borg queen return after Picard defeated her in First Contact to come back into the Voyager series?

When a Borg queen is killed, a new one is selected to take her place. Since they all have a collective consciousness, the new Borg queen would have all of the knowledge of the old one.

You've only seen 3 of the movies and just the Voyager series??? You have a LOT of catching up to do... :tribble:

Edited by Kor37

Guest Voyager

Hmm. That would seem to make sense. Otherwise why would they getthe same actor to play the queen (part of the time) if it was suppsosed to be a new queen.

It could also be that Species 125 (the Borg Queen's species) is not only ideally suited for being used as Queens, but they also all look almost identical, like the aliens from the TNG episode "Allegaince."

I have only seen 3 of the movies and the Star Trek Voyager series, so I might be missing something out, but how did the Borg queen return after Picard defeated her in First Contact to come back into the Voyager series?

She was "unkilled" [as they say in the editorial offices of DC Comics] the same way they keep bringing back villians like The Joker in comics. They essentially ignored her death in First Contact and made her able to regenerate by passing on her essense...or something. :frusty:

She was "unkilled" [as they say in the editorial offices of DC Comics] the same way they keep bringing back villians like The Joker in comics. They essentially ignored her death in First Contact and made her able to regenerate by passing on her essense...or something. :frusty:

She was also "unkilled" from The Best of Both Worlds. Remember that Picard said that she was on that Cube in that episode, and wondered how she could still be around since everyone on that ship died.

:angry:

Edited by 3 of 7

Maybe it is goofy sounding, but they could have had the one Borg Queen and after she died she was replaced by another drone... that happened to be her twin sister.

Ok, jokes aside. I think it was she, when asked how she escaped her ship's destruction, who mentioned about humans (or at least organic creatures) thinking in only 3 dimentional terms. It is very easy to follow that her memories and behavior patterns were transfered into a new queen, but as for her appearance... it could be easy to believe that she could chose her appearance. After all, Lal did so why not the Queen?

Two words: Bad Writing.....

Edited by Validus

Two words: Bad Writing.....

Actually, the whole idea of a Borg Queen was ill conceived.

I liked her. As too how exactly she kept showing up, it's a mystery, we can only speculate but I tend to side with the idea she has dormant clones somewhere in a protected nest with a special group of drones attending. When they sense the current Queen has met her end they instantly activate a new one. They then, somehow, upload all the knowledge the last Queen possessed into her.

The key to defeating the borg once and for all imo lies with finding and destroying that lair. At least until the writers say there was yet another nest. :blink:

I liked her. As too how exactly she kept showing up, it's a mystery, we can only speculate but I tend to side with the idea she has dormant clones somewhere in a protected nest with a special group of drones attending. When they sense the current Queen has met her end they instantly activate a new one. They then, somehow, upload all the knowledge the last Queen possessed into her.

The key to defeating the borg once and for all imo lies with finding and destroying that lair. At least until the writers say there was yet another nest. :blink:

I like that but only 1 problem. In First Contact th borg queen went back in time, she was out of contact with the collective. So wouldn't the collective activate a new queen. If they did this and the plan was a success or the plan failed but she didn't die then there would be two queens in the 24th century. With two queens present both try to gain power and a borg civil war ensues. Also while the borg queen was in the 21st century then the borg are receiving two queen signals and god knows what would happen. All things considered the borg queen was a bad idea but the film was very good.

I also liked the idea of the Borg Queen, she had a frighting sexuality that kind of made me think for some reason of Condolezza Rice. I only wish that they had introduced her in TNG when it was still on the air...she could have been to Picard what Khan was to Kirk...ya think?

Occasionally in bee hives two queens will arise (its rare but it does happen). When this happens the two fight one another to the death...winner take all. Can you imagine if that had happened in the Borg Collective....???

Edited by Validus

that would be interesting to see happen, maybe that will be used later on in a TV series. I still hope to see some Borg turn good :blink:

It is not in the nature of the Borg to be good or evil. Its just like a shark isn't being evil when he eats someone. Its his nature and thats what he does. Same with the Borg.

That seems true for the Borg Kor but not the Queen, her will is what drives everything, she could make the Borg stop assimilating but she doesn't.

That seems true for the Borg Kor but not the Queen, her will is what drives everything, she could make the Borg stop assimilating but she doesn't.

Thats one of the reasons that the Borg Queen was a terrible concept. It really ruined the appeal of the Borg for me. I loved the Borg when you couldn't talk to them or reason with them. They just did what they did and basically ignored you. The Borg Queen just turned the Borg into another villian of the week.

Yes it seems that another borg queen clones will appear from nowhere,

By the way,Whats her true I.D. Call?