Stephen of Borg

Q: Loved or Hated?

The Omnipotent One  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Q?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I was surprised today to discover that someone I know who is a Trek fan doesn't like Q. I've never met someone who didn't like him until today. I guess there are a lot of people out there who don't, but I just wonder, what do you think of Q? Do you like him? What do you think of the Continuum?

I liked Q when he was dangerous. When you couldn't tell if he was just pestering Picard and humanity, or if he really constituted a serious threat. I hated it when he was goofing off and playing with the Enterprise crew (or Voyager).

Q turned out to be a friend. A rather strange friend. But a friend with some strange ways. I voted yes.

Q turned out to be a friend. A rather strange friend. But a friend with some strange ways. I voted yes.

Yeah, he learned a lot from the Enterprise and Voyager crews which changed him for the better. I really didn't like his whole Judging Humans act.

Yes Q is great. I agree he is more interesting when he is being threatening. He does also seem to be a strange friend but still a friend, most of the time. And he has a wonderfully wacky sense of humor!

The actor John De Lancie is also awesome too, and a great convention guest.

I must need help, last night I had a dream about Q: The Musical. It was Q singing a song with a girl that was very similar the "Suddenly Seymour" song from "The Little Shop of Horrors" musical

Edited by Gamera

To be honest: I hate Q! He's incredible arrogant, and a true sleeshball! The only episodes with him that I like, is those that also the Borg are in. Each time I see Q, I think; Oh no, not him again...

:welcome:

Guest Voyager

I love Q. The epsiodeswith him in are really lively.

Yes I like "Q" he was one of the more interesting characters in the Trek Universe reminded me abit like Trelane was in Classic TOS and when I get to writing what eps define Trek I'll have all the "Q" eps in my long list from 3 of the series (not to mention those amazing powers to control ("Space-Time and Matter") as Q's sons said and I for one am happy that he learned alot from the Enterprise/Voyager crew and matured properly (Becoming a Upstanding Citizen of the Cosmos).

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

I'll cast my lot with the Q detractors. I hated the character, loved the actor.

I saw no logical reason for a nigh omnipotent character like Q to waste his time with Picard and humanity. The Squire of Gothos was just a kid playing with some interesting insects he'd found, but Q was a mature member of his species. Would he really have kept coming back again and again and again, on TNG, on DS9, on Voyager...... :hug:

Didn't care for him.

I think Q is the greatest, the character adds humor along with menace a rare combination. The comment that Q was a mature member of his species is a bit off, he may be mature physically or in terms of time but maturity is a state of mind and being. I know many "mature" adults that are far from being mature in the intellectual and emotional sense. Remember the comment in the TOS episode Shore Leave where they are discussing the need for play amongst more advanced species?

I got to meet John De Lancie at a convention years ago and he was one of the greatest guests a con could have he's funny, interesting and actually cares about the fans. On Friday night at that con I was heading to my room at 1 am and there was a large group of fans sitting by a corner and lo and behold sitting on the floor with them and holding court was John De Lancie telling stories and jokes.

Loved Q (the actor was pretty hot)! But they should have elaborated on the Q's vulnerabilities; they only hint at them through Guinan. Teases.

Hey...ever notice how once Sisko laid the pimp hand on Q, he never returned to DS9? :clap: Smacked that immortal around like a crack ho, he did...that's what happens when you assign a ghetto captain to a ghetto station out in the boondocks of the galaxy. :laugh:

"Sniff, sniff...Picard never hit me!"

- Q

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

i loved Q in fact Q reminded me of Trelane. could it be possible that Q was actually a child that looked older and he pestered Picard because he see;s him as a father figure. and then again he said he did see potential in Picard to think more linear