Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Best Captain/Crewman Relationship?

From the whole franchise, which do you think was the best Captain/Crewman relationship?

I think this is a real tough one. My favorite was Picard/Beverly durring TNG while the most emotional was Janeway/Seven durring VOY.

Who was your favorite Captain/Crewman relationship?

This is not tough at all! My favorite by far is Kirk/Spock. :laugh:

Well, geez, ya coulda said that!!! :laugh: Ok, I'll elaborate. I like the Kirk/Spock relationship because it was obvious they had mutual respect and a sincere friendship. You got the feeling that, even if they didn't serve together in Starfleet, they would have been life-long friends.

AS for individual Captain and crew relationships - Kirk and Spock of course - sincere friendship. I think we realize that in part because in TOS the three main characters had more screen time than any of the characters do today so we saw fewer characters but more depth.

As for overall relationship with crew I think Janeway had a more personable relationship with a greater number of crewmembers than other captains.

I would have to go with Jean-Luc and Riker. They understand each other without making big words or havin large talks.

They can rely on each other and I think that is the most important thing on a starship.

Mrs. Captain Picard

I would have to say Picard/Data. They had a very complex relationship that was based on admiration and respect. They were friends, mentors, teachers, guides, etc. for each other.

Picard/ Data, they always seemed to have a father/son like relationship. They were each others teachers/mentors.

Picard/ Data, they always seemed to have a father/son like relationship. They were each others teachers/mentors.

Stardate:213578.9

Well said I couldnt agree more.

AS for individual Captain and crew relationships - Kirk and Spock of course - sincere friendship.  I think we realize that in part because in TOS the three main characters had more screen time than any of the characters do today so we saw fewer characters but more depth.

As for overall relationship with crew I think Janeway had a more personable relationship with a greater number of crewmembers than other captains.

I would agree. In terms of individual crew realtionships we could say that the Kirk/Spock relationship was a true "dynamic duo." But being stuck out in space as long as they were, Captain Janeway took great pains to maintain an extremely personal relationship with her crew. :P

In the Motion Picture novelization, a foot note refers to a rumour that had been going about Star Fleet that Kirk and Spock ere actually lovers. This being the future and all that, of course, neither were offended and Kirk was reported to have stated that he prferred sexual gratification from women. A bit off track but I thought that it was very amusing! Mrs James T Spock!!!!

Well, geez, ya coulda said that!!!  :P  Ok, I'll elaborate.  I like the Kirk/Spock relationship because it was obvious they had mutual respect and a sincere friendship.  You got the feeling that, even if they didn't serve together in Starfleet, they would have been life-long friends.

I couldn't have said it better!

Kirk/Spock, and I have to add Bones for the same reasons.

I agree with people about Kirk and Spock.

But a little special for Dax/Sisko...

I agree. Sisko's and Dax's relationship was especially deep and loving. They had build up a friendship over a lifetime. Together, they complimented the other person's character but they were different enough to infuse the friendship with humanity, mystery and energy. You knew that they were literally life-long friends. Both of their characters fitted so well with each other and they shared an almost spiritual bond. They played so well off the other person and this improved the other characters in turn.

This is also partly the reason why Jadzia Dax is my favourite character, EVER.

In the Motion Picture novelization, a foot note refers to a rumour that had been going about Star Fleet that Kirk and Spock ere actually lovers. This being the future and all that, of course, neither were offended and Kirk was reported to have stated that he prferred sexual gratification from women. A bit off track but I thought that it was very amusing! Mrs James T Spock!!!!

Stardate:213586.4

I wonder what Spocks reaction to that would of been besides the fact that it is highly illogical.

Kirk/Spock.Hands down.No other pairing comes close.Second place would go to Sisko/Dax,although DS9 kind of got away from their relationship after the first season.

I like the Janeway/ Seven relationship, becuase it took Janeway a lot of effort to allow Seven to know she is an indivisual, where she could of just given her up to the Borg, after causing so many problems. Eventually she was a great assisstance and a daughter to Janeway.

Click for Spoiler:

I can see already that Archer and Trip will become very dynamic captain/crewman combo....