Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

New Egyptian tomb

Sounds intreguing. I just hope that they don't open a coffin and find Geraldo Rivera, still hoping to find Al Capone's treasure! B)

I thought the show was very interesting, but a little annoying with their constant, oh! will they save this coffin and translate that hieroglyphic, or remove the materials before the damaging flash flood hype. I thought the subject was more than interesting enough to keep me watching without that stuff. I also was a bit disappointed to see it end in a cliffhanger way. I have yet to go to their website to see if they finally tell all, or just tease another show. But I actually found it both interesting and educational. I would have just preferred them to show the dig in a more straight-forward way.

I read an interview with the dig director a couple of weeks ago. He said they were still working on the tomb, and the last two coffins were still inside. Another case of a subject suffering in the editing room, if you ask me. The work described in the special takes incredible amounts of (boring) time before the exciting bits happen. But I also find such programs fascinating without the madeup hype. But they're not looking at sucking people like me into the show; I'm already an addict.

I'm sure we'll hear more about the tomb as time goes on. According to the interview I read, Discovery is continuing to tape as they work more. I want to know what else they found in the canopic jars.