• The Sixth Doctor (1984-1986)
    • The Seventh Doctor (1987-1989, 1996)
    • The Eighth Doctor (1996)
    • The Ninth Doctor (2005)
    • The Tenth Doctor (2005-?)
    • I just don't like "Doctor Who"...
    • Doctor Who?
    • The Other...
    • I wake up each morning with the thought: "My! I hope they cancelled that abysmal show to-day!" being the first.
  3. 3. Started on...

• The First Doctor (1963-1966)
    • The Second Doctor (1966-1969)
    • The Third Doctor (1970-1974)
    • The Fourth Doctor (1974-1981)
    • The Fifth Doctor (1981-1984)
    • The Sixth Doctor (1984-1986)
    • The Seventh Doctor (1987-1989, 1996)
    • The Eighth Doctor (1996)
    • The Ninth Doctor (2005)
    • The Tenth Doctor (2005-?)
    • I actually avoided him as if he were the Black Death.
    • The Other...
    • First base (Abbott and Costello.. Had to put them in somewhere...)

A trifurcated poll for those Whovians out there in the crowd to-night (depending on the time-zone)...

It's interesting to note, if you include books, radio and comics as canon, the 8th Doctor is the longest serving Doctor in the whole sort of general Whoniverse..

I, myself, actually first stumbled upon Doctor Who through The Simpsons.

150px-Simpsons_Doctor_Who.jpg

I chose "Splendid chaps, all of them" because of the ones I've seen, each has brought something different and entertaining to the character. I was introduced to Dr. Who when I first came to Chicago in 1983, several people at work also watched it. It was regularly shown on WTTW Channel 11 late on Sunday nights. They were running the Third Doctor when I startred watching, though they subsequently showed seasons or parts of seasons of the first two, and continued on with the other Doctors and then on until they stopped showing Dr. Who :dude: , for which I have never completely forgiven Channel 11.

There used to be a Sci Fi convention around Thanksgiving on the far-NW side of Chicago that featured lots of different Sci Fi shows, including Dr. Who, and the ones I attended allowed me to hear and get autographs of several of the Doctors and companions. Seeing the new one brings back many fond memories.

Your Simpsonian Doctor Who picture is of the Fourth Doctor, played by, I believe, Tom Baker.

Your Simpsonian Doctor Who picture is of the Fourth Doctor, played by, I believe, Tom Baker.
Yes, quite on target. For that, you get a jelly baby.

He's one of the esteemed TV Representatives in "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming", and he appearing in a few other episodes like at some sci-fi con that Mark Hamill guests and among the Comic Book Guy's collection for when he became a comic book villain...

Edited by DrWho42

Splendid Chaps all of them my favorite ones are 4 and 5 and 6 least favorite is 7/ 8 didn't really see it clearly since didn't have fox station yet for the tv version with 8th Doctor ( but saw on PBS 4-7 Doctor when it was still on ) and YTV showed the reruns of all of them till 7th Doctor after PBS stopped showing it and saw the 9th one on CBC and a sneak peak of the 10th one on the 2 hour opener eps.

:dude: B) B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I've only seen one Dr. Who series.

The current one on Sci-Fi channel. So that guy's my favorite.

BTW, I'm totally addicted to Dr. Who. I haven't been this hooked on a show since DS9.

And Billie Piper.... :dude:

I've only really seen the 9th doctor, but I've read a bit about the first. So my fav is currently the 9th, and my least the 1st (he just seemed so grumpy to me)

My favorite Doctor Who would have to be the new one I never liked the old One but I love the new one Billie Piper who play's Rose is a singer she's a great singer I have her cd and a great actress.

Edited by Ashley Tisdale 24

My favorite Doctor Who would have to be the new one I never liked the old One but I love the new one Billie Piper who play's Rose is a singer she's a great singer I have her cd and a great actress.
I'm s'posing you're referring unto the 10th Doctor, I take it.

Besides seeing Tom Baker on The Simpsons multiple times (though, unfortunately without speaking role...) and the 1996 TV-movie which I enjoy primarily for its Byronesque Doctor and the hundred books that revolved thereon, I actually first saw the series with the Sixth Doctor and Peri in "Attack of the Cybermen" by way of discounted VHS in Suncoast.

Even though, looking back, it was an okay episode... (I can quote the included segment wherein kids call-in and ask the Sixth Doctor questions.. One of them asks him to blow a kiss to his girlfriend, Ella Johnson...) it was enough to ignite my interest further concerning the show and enigmatic time-traveller.

Tom Baker will always be my favorite Doctor. My favorite episode of all time is "Deadly Assassin". My second favorite episode is "Trial of a Timelord" (The Doctor in that was Colin Baker, probably the darkest of the doctors)

tardis2.gif

I used to watch the Doctor late saturday nights when it was on my PBS station. I remmber starting on the second doctor but my favorite has to be the 4th Tom Baker. I have been watching the new show on scifi and I am really looking foward to watching the second season so I can see sara jane again.

i was born a little before the series went of the air but the first doctor i saw was the third Doctor John Pertwee, my favourite doctor is the tenth David Tennent even though i've only seen four episodes and the christmas invasion, he's really good anyway the second series is really good the one with sarah jane is briiliant as i've never seen her or K9 before