Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Packers fans can rejoice...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LORD FAVRE IS COMING BACK

Although there's been no official announcement, we've been told that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has informed the team that he'll be returning for the 2006 season.

The move means that the Packers almost certainly will not take a quarterback with the fifth overall pick in the draft. Previously, we'd heard that the team would potentially be interested in selecting Matt Leinart, if Favre were to walk away.

Since 2002, the question of whether Favre would or wouldn't retire has been the subject of rampant and regular scrutiny. His return for 2006 means that, barring an unequivocal statement before, during, or after the coming season, we'll get to spend another 12 months or so periodically addressing the same, old, tired issue.

When I read that the first time, I scared Julie and Krissy with a loud "Hell Yeah!". Now, it hasn't been posted at officialbrettfavre.com or packers.com, but I expect it will shortly. And what's this I heard about Condy Rice being nominated for NFL Commish?

I would like to see Brett Farve retire soon, and not see him go through a season that was worse than last year.

I think he has it in him for another Superbowl Run, and a chance for an unprecedented fourth MVP award. The problem this past year was that the only things consistant on the Offense were Himself, and the two tackles. If he can get a consistent group of starters, Especially at the inside three line possitions, and the wide recievers, he should do well.

I just hate to see a great players like Brett Farve end their career on bad note. He will go to the Hall of Frame shortly after he retires. :yahoo:

From NFL.COM...

WILL HE OR WON'T HE?

Profootballtalk.com still might be right on proclaiming that Brett Favre is coming back this season.

It's hard to say for sure whether Brett Favre will throw in the towel.

But the Packers front office and Favre's agent insisted they have not heard anything about the quarterback's decision.

Asked about the Internet report, Favre's agent, Bus Cook said, "That's news to me -- and I spoke to Brett an hour ago."

Packers officials said within the past 24 hours they do not know what their quarterback is going to do, but there is a prevalent feeling within the organization that the longer this saga drags on, the better the chances are that Favre returns.

But Favre also has told some that his decision will not be the least bit influenced by what Green Bay does this offseason. Whether or not the team adds marquee free agents, whether or not this team hits pay dirt in the April draft will not dictate whether Favre returns. He will make his decision one simple factor -- what is best for him and his family.

Period.

And right now, those closest to him insist they have no idea what that decision will be or when it will be announced.