Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Isaac Hayes Quits South Park

Oh for gods sake.

Who bloody cares. I'm sure heeps of people working on South Park have been offended on one this or the other that the show has pulled off over the years.

But seriously, this guys an idiot, They've picked on WAY more hurtfull things compared to "Scientology"

Like, they've done HEEPS of shows on bagging out African Americans!!!

Take the boy Token for example, some of the stuff they say about him are disgusting, but still the crew and audience shrugged it off.

Anyway, I guess my point is, The guy who played chef really needed to think about this longer

That is a very good point. But what are referring to about Token?

Token, is the Token black kid, and is subject to all the stereotypes, if this were a real person, I'd see his treatment as racist, but on an animated show were African Americans are just another group to poke fun at, who cares.

What about that Family Guy episode that was too offensive for TV, because it was anti semetic (something I disagree with) or that ep were the disabled Joe couldn't tour the beer factory due to lack of wheelchair access. I was shocked with the disabled mistreatment, but the point they were trying to make was that everyone is equal, and can have jokes about them just like anyone else.

Instead of getting rid of all offensive jokes, embracing all offensive jokes, ensures equality, think about it.

Scientology had it coming, whats the deal with clapping at a photo for 2 minutes a day :yahoo:

Token, is the Token black kid, and is subject to all the stereotypes, if this were a real person, I'd see his treatment as racist, but on an animated show were African Americans are just another group to poke fun at, who cares.

I know who Token is, but he is more of a joke about always having a token black character. They literally bus him in from the rich part of town so that the school has some ethnic diversity.

I honestly don't think they mistreat Token at all, he is just sort of there in a lot of scenes. Cartman throws a rock at him in Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000 but after that he joins the sled team after Kenny dies and helps them free Cartman (who didn't actually commit a conscoius hate crime, he just threw a rock at someone who made fun of his weight).

Instead of getting rid of all offensive jokes, embracing all offensive jokes, ensures equality, think about it.

Equal opportunity hatred - now that's something to aspire to.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: I'm not a racist myself, I always thought...why hate somebody based solely on the color of their skin when...if you just take time to get know them, there are so many more valid reasons... to loathe an individual.

Hatred is a word your fond of, but when I watch South Park, I don't even think of such things, all of this stuff is real, sort of 'well you have to laugh don't you' aspect of life, everyone has beliefs and prejudices (of some discription), if they made fun of Young White English Atheists I'd laugh at myself, because theres no sense getting offended by everything in this world, these things exist, like it or not, I'm an idealist, but I'm also a realist, and South Park, just like The Simpsons & Family Guy, poke fun at real life situations, and their annual profits and ratings just go's to show how popular this form of entertainment is. :yahoo:

Hatred is a word your fond of, but when I watch South Park, I don't even think of such things, all of this stuff is real, sort of 'well you have to laugh don't you' aspect of life, everyone has beliefs and prejudices (of some discription), if they made fun of Young White English Atheists I'd laugh at myself, because theres no sense getting offended by everything in this world, these things exist, like it or not, I'm an idealist, but I'm also a realist, and South Park, just like The Simpsons & Family Guy, poke fun at real life situations, and their annual profits and ratings just go's to show how popular this form of entertainment is. :yahoo:

I find it sad - if anyone believes that the image portrayed by South Park is reality; presenting a one dimensional and antagonist view of a person or group of people is not enlightenment - it is not reality - realiaty is much more complex. The fact that people think it is is part of what is so scary about these shows. And the fact that they're making a lot of money perpetuating stereotypes isn't a vindication.

Actually I was just reading something over at Fox news that said Hayes didn't quit - he had a stroke and no one knows where the story came from. But it did say he told Stone and Parker they should do some research and get their facts straight because someone watching their show might believe the stuff they're putting on the air was true. foxnews

I have just heard on the news the Comedy Channel pulled the eposide. That is a shame that it won't be aired.

South Park to Get Last Laugh With New 'Chef' Episode This Week

By Cyndi James

Mar 20, 2006

Comedy Central's South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have decided to get the last laugh and strike back with the character Chef, formerly played by Isaac Hayes on this week's show.

Hayes bailed on the show last week allegedly due to the mocking of Tom Cruise and Scientology in the episode titled “Trapped in a Closet."

The episode was also mysteriously yanked from last week's scheduled line-up and speculation is that noted Scientologist Tom Cruise had the episode pulled. His rep denies that.

Nevertheless now Matt and Trey will answer.

Us Weekly reports on its blog that because South Park episodes only take six days to create, Stone and Parker are able to comment on current events as they are unfolding.

Here's the release:

The launch of South Park’s tenth season is marked by the triumphant homecoming of school chef, Jerome McElroy. “The Return of Chef!” premieres Wednesday, March 22, at 10 p.m., only on Comedy Central.

The town is jolted out of a case of the doldrums when Chef suddenly reappears. While Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are thrilled to have their old friend back, they notice that something about Chef seems different. When Chef’s strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him.

So - Isaac Hayes thought he could bail and remove 'Chef' from TV and the American pop culture that is South Park? Fat chance.

Us Weekly Magazine gives this guess on the mystery episode:

We’re guessing Chef takes the Bridge to Freedom, is cleared of his evil body thetans and restored to Teegeeack, where he’s reunited with L. Ron Hubbard, Kirstie Alley, John Travolta, and the chick from Dharma & Greg for a massive niacin binge.

Verfied from Comedy Channel.

I find it sad - if anyone believes that the image portrayed by South Park is reality; presenting a one dimensional and antagonist view of a person or group of people is not enlightenment - it is not reality - realiaty is much more complex. The fact that people think it is is part of what is so scary about these shows. And the fact that they're making a lot of money perpetuating stereotypes isn't a vindication.

Actually I was just reading something over at Fox news that said Hayes didn't quit - he had a stroke and no one knows where the story came from. But it did say he told Stone and Parker they should do some research and get their facts straight because someone watching their show might believe the stuff they're putting on the air was true. foxnews

Most of the time, people present themselves with an equally one-sided view. How many times do Christian cartoons portray Christians as nothing less than the nicest, most noble of people? And how is it fair to have no issues with that, but then have issues with someone else that takes the opposite stance?

Hatred is a word your fond of, but when I watch South Park, I don't even think of such things, all of this stuff is real, sort of 'well you have to laugh don't you' aspect of life, everyone has beliefs and prejudices (of some discription), if they made fun of Young White English Atheists I'd laugh at myself, because theres no sense getting offended by everything in this world, these things exist, like it or not. I'm an idealist, but I'm also a realist, and South Park, just like The Simpsons & Family Guy, poke fun at real life situations, and their annual profits and ratings just go's to show how popular this form of entertainment is. :yahoo:

Most of the time, people present themselves with an equally one-sided view. How many times do Christian cartoons portray Christians as nothing less than the nicest, most noble of people? And how is it fair to have no issues with that, but then have issues with someone else that takes the opposite stance?

Thankyou Wishfire.

TUH, like all of us here you watch star trek, how often do you see the negative side of Human life! Very rarely do you see unprovoked anger, anxiety, insults, jelousy, paranoia, sex and violence, and especially cross species stereotypes. I think what your in denial of is that South Park is more representative of modern life than Star Trek is, the Idealist dreamworld. We'd all like to see Trek come true, and all our problems and differences dissappear, but right now just laugh it off like everyone else!

Being a South Park fan , Trek Fan- and a person who doesn't take things too seriously

I think this weeks episode will be hilarious.Its good to laugh at how dumb certian situations can be

Now to comparing Star Trek to South park- Thats just nonsense. Star Trek is Gene Roddenberry's Serious vision of the future. South Park is a lighthearted view of a small Colorado town,belonging to two immature middle aged men(And god do i love them)Diffrent timelines,diffrent attitudes

Star trek is,just as Arms has said, a positive view of the future.Although we all tend to wish thatthese things were true or would become true its just an idea of the future(Like Star Wars and Star gate)

South Park pokes fun at everyone on the right and the left and even in the middle. Its a satirical view of the world we live in(which is a good idea with all the crap thats going on) Instead of arguing this fact the creators make fun of everything and let the viewer decide what is wrong or right. But usually it boils down to fart jokes. Which are funny in my book ( Jews like fart jokes)

Stone said that Hayes had no problem cashing checks when they were making fun of Muslims, Jews and Christians then why be so angry at Scientology

Because they weren't making fun of Scientology.

In the Episode they animated the History of Scientology -which is a "religion" made-up by L.Ron Hubbord and they showed what the beliefs were (toxins and such) and it was Animated on the whole reel "This is what they believe" Thats a reason why Tom Cruise and the like are pissed off- It's not making fun of them. Its showing how stupid they look at beliving such crap.(Don't get me started on the silent birth thing or their oppositions to Psychology-what they call "Nazi Science")

I don't think Hayes wanted to quit South Park- I think the church told him to. And thats a scary thing,letting your religion tell you what to do....

Oh wait,nevermind

You're making a major assumption here - ie that I would not recognize Christian cartoons (not that I have ever seen any) as biased. How do you know what I would say about something like that? In fact I'm not even sure why you think this topic applies - because even if equally biased programs exist - and I dont' doubt they do - it doesn't change the fact that this program is biased - in other words two wrongs don't make a right.

ARMS Posted Today, 08:59 AM

Thankyou Wishfire.

TUH, like all of us here you watch star trek, how often do you see the negative side of Human life! Very rarely do you see unprovoked anger, anxiety, insults, jelousy, paranoia, sex and violence, and especially cross species stereotypes. I think what your in denial of is that South Park is more representative of modern life than Star Trek is, the Idealist dreamworld. We'd all like to see Trek come true, and all our problems and differences dissappear, but right now just laugh it off like everyone else!

I have stated repeatedly that IMO the Star Trek vision of the future is unrealistic and improbable - Not that the comparison has any relevance to this conversation. No, humans will never live in peaceful co-existence but I can choose for myself what kind of person I want to be - and I choose not to be the kind of person that finds humor in attacking other people.

And the part I really don't think any of you get - is I am a real person, I live in a real world, I work with real people and I have real people as relatives, I went to school, college and graduate school with real people, I've lived in three regions of the country - including the nation's capital, - I've met quite a few people in my life so if I and all these people that I've met haven't been in the real world - where have we been?

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Yeah wishfire, I've heard the buzz too that Hayes didn't really quit. We'll see what happens, I guess.

:yahoo: Why are you telling me? I'm not the one who said that...

Oh my I watched that latest episode and I can not belive it. I was laughing the whole time but it was a oh my laugh. I liked it but I think they went a little to far this time.

From NY Post Page 6:

ISAAC Hayes may not have quit "South Park" at all - or at least not willingly. Turns out Hayes has been away from Comedy Central's hit show for the past three months because he had a stroke. According to foxnews.com, he's at home recuperating and did not issue the press release which said he was quitting because the show made fun of his faith. That release was put out by fellow Scientologist Christina "Kumi" Kimball, a fashion executive for designer Craig Taylor. According to foxnews.com, "Hayes loves 'South Park' and needs it for income. He has a new wife and a baby on the way."

Boy, how the news screws things up. By the way, the season premier episode was a riot. It started out kind of strange. But there was a little dig at Scientology in the episode. I think this incident will trigger more digs at Tom and Scientology in the future.

By the way, Matt and Trey seem to pick on their religions the most. One is Jewish and the other is Catholic. I forgot which is which.

About Hayes, I do remember reading about him having a bad stroke a few months ago. It is pretty scary that somebody from Scientology would think it right to speek for him. Yes, the episode "Trapped in the Closet" was a while ago. It is strange that Hayes would speak up now. Thank you, Takara for clearing it up.

If I was Isaac Hayes I would quit Scientology and save that money for the new baby.

is shatner a sciencetologist?

that would be the one person i would worship in science fiction.

William Shatner's Jewish. Just like Leonard Nimoy.

God i love this show! It was so funny and they even jabbed at Star Wars

Yeppers, the ending was fantastic. :yahoo:

I should of known that William Shatner was Jewish. He was also born in Canada.

I mean they wanted him dead-Finito

There was no coming back after this

TAKE THAT SCIENTOLOGISTS!

Did Mr. Hayes play Chef in Weds episode? I kept thinking his script had been piecemealed together from past episodes.

Darth Chef! :lol: What a crackup!