• Sulu
    • other(please specifiey)

Here are the responses from that old posting:

Vulcan One

Ensign

Jim, Climb the steps, of Mt. Selaya...

Best TOS chacter

« on: March 5, 2003, 09:07:48 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOCK! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Trek quote of the day:

(ST-TNG The Naked Now)Data quoting a limerick to Picard               

"There once was a young lady from Venus,

whose body was shaped like a ...."

"Capt. Picard to Security!" 

poguemahone

Ensign

paddy rolling stone

Re:Best TOS chacter

« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2003, 10:46:42 PM » 

Kirk for sure. 

Tiocfaidh ar La, Éireann go Brách 

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

Fly Away, With Me Tonight....

Re:Best TOS chacter

« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2003, 01:45:42 AM » 

I would actually use a trio... Kirk/Spock

AWW how could i be the only one to vote for McCoy... hes such a cutie.. lol

McCoy: I'm a Doctor Not a BrickLayer

McCoy: that Green-Blooded Son of a Bi*ch its his revenge for all those fights i won :D

-Laur

Spock was the most interesting character.

You are wise!ten.gif I would bet you also appreciate Data, Odo and to some degree Zimmerman, am I right?

Spock was the most interesting character.

You are wise!ten.gif I would bet you also appreciate Data, Odo and to some degree Zimmerman, am I right?

:blink:

I appriciate all of them.. but the smart-mouthed people are fun too :D I.E McCoy, Scotty, Riker, Data*at points*, Spock, Bashir, Odo, Sisko, Dax, Janeway, Doctor, all of them.. there great!!

~Lauren :dude:

Yes, I do like them also. As you can see, I picked Data for my user name. I like the other characters on TOS a lot also, but Spock just stood out.

I love them all, but if I had to live my life like any Character it would have to be Spock. I love Vulcans in general, but especially Spock. If it hadn't been for his character, I would be willing to bet that Star Trek would have died a quiet death after it's first season. Let's face it, we owe it all to Spock!

I don’t know I can’t choice. Part of me wants Spock and then another Kirk and yet another McCoy. I like them all for different reasons.

But if I have to pick one I think it would be Spock.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

ITS A TOSS UP. between McCoy, and spock. i loved their witty banter with eachother. but i think McCoys one liners win out. he always gets a laugh outa me. after them two its gotta be scotty.

I voted for Spock, because his character was so unusual...a warlike logical species who control their emotions...great concept.

His humour always played a good counter foil to Kirk et al.

Kirk would be the other choice, along with Scotty, which probably says more about me and my liking of humour, than whether or not they were better characters.

Uhura.She was an incredible inspiration,not only to little black girls,but to little black boys as well.Made me sit up and take the sciences more seriously at school.

Yes she was very important for race relations in the US. At the time the show was aired it was unheard of for a black person to be in such a prominent role on a major Television series. She was an important person on the ship and was right there in a very visible spot on the bridge. She was also involved in the first ever TV black/white kiss.

I voted for McCoy even though TOS isn't one of my favorites, I did like the constant bickering he had with Spock.

I voted for Chekov.In the ambassador's youth (the only time of my people's lives when we have hair of any sort),I had a haircut just like Pavel Chekov!I and three other lads had formed a musical combo and we were quite popular for a time.So,popular in fact,that on the fifth moon of Meep'Zor, the press called our arrival the Fourth Planet Invasion.It seemed that we were destined for even greater things,but our lead singer J'onn L'nonn met a devious groupie with a singing voice like a Targ in labor,and she destroyed our group from within.After that,I returned home and eventually took a position within the Diplomatic Corps.Whilst my two other bandmates went their own seperate ways...I believe Pol has begun a new combo called Zings,and Jorg'e is on a religious retreat in the Ozaba Highlands...I,as you may have deduced was the percussionist.

Edited by ambassador_klaatu

How can I pick just one?..I like all of these Classic TOS characters..My favorites I guess would be Kirk, Spock, McCoy....Don't ask me to pick one..I can't...

I voted for (sigh from my teen age years) Captain Kirk! Of course I no longer have a crush on Captain Kirk, but in my mind he embodies all the adventure and fun Star Trek brought to my sister and me.

If I could vote for my sister, it would be (sigh from her teen age years) Mr. Spock!

As far as Uhura's historic presence in a non-traditional (for black women) role, the power of it was that she was there as naturally as anyone else, and so for my sister (who became a licensed veternarian (sp) before she passed) and me it was natural to consider science and math based professions. We did not know at the time that Uhura being in such a position was new and exceptional, because our parents did not make an issue of it. They were careful to reinforce and present positive images to their five children, but they also tried to keep us from taking on larger issues they felt should be dealt with only when we were older. ( My father was concerned that perhaps my sister and I were a little obsessive about Star Trek, watching all those reruns....)

I was suprised that more ppl like Bones over Jim! For me it was a hard choice really. I think Jim, Spock, and the Doc are all just as important. They form a fantastic "triangle" bond. Bones was funny, and real, Spock was very original for an alien during the 70's. I give Nimoy much credit and tahnks for developing the character the way he did. And Kirk, we'll I just lke they his character is! I chosse Kirk cause he is the most highlighted of the 3... he was the captain/admiral afterall! Props to every character on the show!

I loved old "Bones" McCoy.The only sane,rational man aboard the original Enterprise (Oops,I should say the original Constitution-class Ent).DeForest Kelly was a brilliant actor,and he played the hell out of this character,making the Enterprise's resident simple country doctor one of the greatest science-fiction icons of all time. :blink:

I was,and still am a Spock fan.One of the first Star Trek novels I read,"Spock Must Die!",featured the character.And I was into the Star Trek novels before I noticed the reruns of the TOS series on tv,or had heard about Star Trek The Motion Picture.

I enjoyed Spock's duality.His continual struggle to find his place,amongst humanity and vulcan...er,"vulcanity"? :laugh:

Well,anyway,I pick Spock.

:klingon: