Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Is Picard really human

I found this looking up some Star trek References on another Site

In a general sense and despite his experience with the Borg, Picard is arguably a cyborg: due to his near-fatal stabbing at Starbase Earhart in 2328, Picard's natural heart was irrevocably damaged and replaced with a parthenogenetic implant. This prosthesis was later replaced twice: in 2365 due to defects in the originally installed model ("Samaritan Snare"), and in 2369 because of damage sustained when Picard was shot in the chest point-blank with a Lenarian compressed tetryon beam weapon ("Tapestry").

So what do you think, do you think he is a Cyborg, maybe this is why he had a strong connection with Data?

The definition of Cyborg is.......

A human who has certain physiological processes aided or controlled by mechanical or electronic devices

So I guess in a strict technical sense he is.

Kind of off topic from the pos, but if you have a pacemaker in your heart, you could also be classified as a cyborg then I guess

Kind of off topic from the pos, but if you have a pacemaker in your heart, you could also be classified as a cyborg then I guess

That's what I was thinking when I saw this topic. I don't consider him a cyborg.

I would have thought tht a percentage of higher and base level mental functions would have to be taken over by cybernetics for me to consider anyone a cyborg.

I don't think that having a single prosthetic organ would be enough to classify someone as a cyborg.

how much of locutus's tech if left in picards bod?

Good question, I think it would be impossible to remove everything, plus his heart, I would classify him as a Cyborg.

I would say that anyone with mechanical parts is cybornetic. Metal rods to replace or support bones doesn't make you a cyborg, but a heart that beats is different.

I would say that anyone with mechanical parts is cybornetic. Metal rods to replace or support bones doesn't make you a cyborg, but a heart that beats is different.

If that is the case then we have already had cyborgs living among us. Artificial hearts are mostly used on patients while they wait for a heart transplant but they have been implanted instead of a transplant. The first was in 1982 to Barney Clark. He lived for 112 days with the Jarvik-7 artificial heart. The longest someone has lived with an artificial heart is 17 months. For more information check out this page at Wikipedia.

does it really matter if he is a cyborg, it doesn't change the fact he is human which is wot this topic is about

Is 7 really Human, does Borg technology enhance DNA to maximum potential? I believe I've read non canon material on this...

He always had sensations when dealing with Borg Missions and there's movies about him and the Borg.

I've always thought this was a lot of rubbish. All of a sudden in First Contact he can "feel" the Borg. Funny how he couldn't "feel" them in previous Borg episodes that occurred after Best Of Both Worlds. For example, the Hugh episode ( I suck at episode names). He didn't know any Borg were around til Riker told him from the crash site. I count this as one of the big flaws in First Contact.

He always had sensations when dealing with Borg Missions and there's movies about him and the Borg.

I've always thought this was a lot of rubbish. All of a sudden in First Contact he can "feel" the Borg. Funny how he couldn't "feel" them in previous Borg episodes that occurred after Best Of Both Worlds. For example, the Hugh episode ( I suck at episode names). He didn't know any Borg were around til Riker told him from the crash site. I count this as one of the big flaws in First Contact.

maybe it was the precense of the borg queen?

Yes, just like Seven of Nine in Dark Frontier. The Borg Queen was sending her visions and communicating with her, just like Picard.

To be a cyborg for me Picard would have to have more than one cybernetic organ and be born that way, otherwise I couldn't consider him so.

To be a cyborg for me Picrad would have to have more than one cybernetic organ and be born that way, otherwise I couldn't consider him so.

because all cyborg's are born with cybernetic organs."sic"

To be a cyborg for me Picrad would have to have more than one cybernetic organ and be born that way, otherwise I couldn't consider him so.

Born/created/built.

Born/created/built.

Borg are not born.

I think it was the Queen Picard could sense because it seemed in First contact that the queen had romantic intentions for Locutus.

Also I would not say Picard is a cyborg due to having some remaining borg implants or a fake heart. A cyborg has to have quite a few mechanical parts of his body. I would class Data more of a cyborg than Picard except he does not have any biological components

I found this looking up some Star trek References on another Site

In a general sense and despite his experience with the Borg, Picard is arguably a cyborg: due to his near-fatal stabbing at Starbase Earhart in 2328, Picard's natural heart was irrevocably damaged and replaced with a parthenogenetic implant. This prosthesis was later replaced twice: in 2365 due to defects in the originally installed model ("Samaritan Snare"), and in 2369 because of damage sustained when Picard was shot in the chest point-blank with a Lenarian compressed tetryon beam weapon ("Tapestry").

So what do you think, do you think he is a Cyborg, maybe this is why he had a strong connection with Data?

personaly i think that you would have to have a whole lot more machinary in you to be a cyborg than a hart its more of a pace maker really but after the borg im going to have to say yes the fact that he can hear them screams a good part of him has borg parts once your assmilated you are borg weather you fallow thier lead or not. from another angle if you put real skin on data and gave him few human organs oh say a hart or liver would he be a android or a cyborg

What makes a human a human?

Besides the philosophical answers one could give here, in a biological sense a human is a primate with usually 23 chromosome pairs. That is not something an artificial heart or Borg implants can change.

What makes a human a human?

Besides the philosophical answers one could give here, in a biological sense a human is a primate with usually 23 chromosome pairs. That is not something an artificial heart or Borg implants can change.

than how does one become a cyborg thier not born of a cyborg mother and father they were once a person with 23 chromosome pairs and no artificial anything everything biological than something happend and the biological became artificial and they become a cyborg.