Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie617

The Adventures of the Exodus

Story One:

A Decision Made Through Friendship

By Trekkie617

The captain of the starship Exodus, Heather Janeway, was pondering her predicament while she sat alone in her private dining room, adjacent to the mess hall.

These mysterious aliens, who call themselves the Delari, had been following them for two hours now after firing two crushing blows to their hull. Heather was trying to figure out if they should stop and fight them or continue on home. Most likely to her dismay they would have to do the former. Just then her best friend and first officer, Catherine Monroe, walked in and asked to sit down. Heather of course said yes and asked her about their situation. “Catherine, what should we do? I trust you more than anyone else on this crew and I think your decision will be just and wise.”

Catherine responded with a grin, “I think we should slow down enough to get within weapons range. Then we drop out of warp, turn around, and fire. Rendering their shields and weapons useless.”

At that time the Vulcan Science Officer, Syron, spoke through the communications relay on the wall. “Captain, I have detected a L-Class nebula .5 light-years away. Shall we keep on course or use the nebula as a mask to their sensors?”

“Cathy?” Heather asked. She replies with, “The nebula should work to our advantage.

“Do it!” Heather says ordering him. Energy pulsed through her again.

They were in the nebula and the Delari were closing in on them. The three senior officers were on the Bridge as well as the other Bridge crew. They had decided on getting out just when the Delari would find them and set a quantum torpedo on a reaction to Metaphasic particles, of which the nebula is made from and fire at it. The configurations were complete and they were leaving the nebula.

”Are the modifications secured?” The captain asks in a growing irritation in her voice caused by the Delari. “Yes!” Syron said with a little too much emotion. “Then fire on my MARK!”…………….

“Fire!” Heather says the blood rushing thoroughly through her veins.

They watch as the bright light goes across the screen and detonates in the nebula. It blows up a big explosion and the ship rocks a little bit.

“Anything on sensors?” Heather asks. “No ma’am.” “Good. Take us home. Maximum warp.” “Yes ma’am.”

Captain’s Log Stardate 56035.6: We have set a course for home and should be there in a couple of hours. I will put in a report to Starfleet as soon as we’re docked at Starbase 1. I think it would be best if we stay away from Delari space for now, but still try to make peace. Which is harder than it sounds. I will take a weekend off then return to the ship for the rest of the leave that was assigned to me. I will suggest the rest of the crew do the same. Catherine has requested an upgrade in weaponry. I will hope to see that pull through.

The Exodus moves through space towards Earth. The stories continue as you follow: