Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

WWE Part III

After hitting 50 pages in part II time to start a new forum and this one will include TNA thats why its Wrestling Part II

BTW

Today in History

1996 - Tommy Rich defeated Jerry Lawler for the USWA Southern Heavyweight title

Edited by dragonwrangler95

Today in History

(2001) Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo defeat Kevin Nash & Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW Tag Team Titles. They would be the last official tag champions before WCW was bought out by the WWE.

I haven't watched Smackdown yet. I taped it and will probably watch it today or tomorrow.

Edited by Takara_Soong

What ever happened to Tommy Rich?

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich started wrestling in 1974 in the regional promotions in Tennessee. Throughout the 1980's, he alternated his time between Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama territories of the NWA. He won dozens of NWA regional titles during this time.

On April 27, 1980, he became one of the youngest NWA World Heavyweight Champions in pro wrestling history.

He had a memorable and bloody feud in Georgia Championship Wrestling with deceased "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer for the NWA Georgia National Title.

Rich briefly wrestled in the AWA in 1987 and had an unsuccessful feud with Adrian Adonis.

In 1991, he joined Alexandra York's York Foundation and became "Thomas Rich". He teamed with the other members, Terrence Taylor and Richard Morton to win the WCW Six-Man Titles.

When the York Foundation disbanded in early 1992, he became a heel jobber until he left WCW for the independent circuit again. From 1993 to 1996, he wrestled for the USWA and Smoky Mountain Wrestling mostly as a heel. He was the last Smoky Mountain Wrestling Champion.

He next went to ECW in 1996 as the "Big Don" Tommy Rich and joined the Full Blooded Italians (FBI), a heel group that included Little Guido and Tracy Smothers. He left ECW sometime in 2000 and has been wrestling in the independents ever since.

Richards had a cousin who also wrestled, Johnny "Crash" Rich. Davey Rich was billed as a cousin but was a former Jarrett Promotions preliminary wrestler named David Haskins.

He now is Semi-retired making appearances at Indepent Wrestling shows.

Don't forget Tommy Rich's memorable run as "Mr. R"....lol

Another thing that Tommy Rich contributed to wrestling is that he got Missy Hyatt involved in wrestling. She was a wrestling fan who Tommy "interviewed" in the back seat of his car................... :nono:

Everyone interviewed her in the back of their car

This is true.. :nono: If you haven't already, I would recommend reading Missy Hyatt's book. Its really good and she's VERY honest in it!

The "Live Sex Celebration" on RAW last week featuring new WWE Champion Edge and Lita was something that neither were especially comfortable with according to some new reports. It should be noted that there are no indications that they put up any kind of resistance to going forward with the segment.

What might have made things a little uncomfortable however is that Adam "Edge" Copeland recently reconciled with his wife, whom he cheated on with Amy "Lita" Dumas early last year. After a very public breakup between the two took place, including some very powerful words about Copeland from his wife that hit the internet where she accused him of taking steroids, they have since worked to rebuild their relationship in the last few months.

Many people close to the situation both in WWE and close friends have stated that the relationship between Copeland and Dumas never fully continued because of the stress that took place after it was made public all over the internet. The combination of Matt Hardy making the story public, getting released by WWE (which did bother Dumas) and the "whispering" in the workplace every week caused the relationship to not last very long.

It is no secret that Lita has a reputation for being a very private person. Says one WWE source, "She knows she's got a great character who can be a successful heel for a long time to come. The problem is, to cash in she has to play into being a slut, and so she has mixed emotions about it." Based on those around him, Edge appears to be more willing to go along with more "raunchy angles" and do what he is told. However, the segment this past week may have caused some awkwardness for him and his wife. "Adam will do whatever is asked of him," said a close friend of Edge. "He's not the type to put up a stink about it. But he had to limit how far they went with it, so they found a happy medium to keep the company happy." A picture of Lita's exposed left breast during the segment has no doubt made the rounds this week on the internet and probably didn't help matters much either

Angle got a lot of cheers on Smackdown. He will wrestle HBK on RAW this week and then go to Smackdown exclusively.

I tried once again to get the PPV last night but once again, it didn't come on. After being on hold for 30 freakin minutes last night, they seem to think that the problem is with the cable lines in the street. Maybe withing the next month, someone will come out to look at them..........COMCAST SUCKS!

Edited by Kor37

Matt Morgan tried to pull over a female while impersonating a police officer on Friday night in Louisville. His mug shot made WLKY-TV in Louisville.

WHAT A JABRONI!!!.... :clap:

Kor, if Comcast is so bad there, why dont you switch to a Satellite?

Today in History

(2000) Chris Benoit defeats Sid Vicious for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Title at the Souled Out PPV.

Kor, if Comcast is so bad there, why dont you switch to a Satellite?

I am seriously considering it, Joe. Do you have Satellite? If so, how is it?

We used to have Dish Network and DirecTV I liked them both, never lost a signal unlees it was a Major Downpour, We have like 2 a year here in the Spring, and you usually lose cable during those also, I went to Comcast when I took over the house, because they gave me Free HBO for 12 months so I can watch Sopranos, Price wise its the same, I suggest leasing the equipment, its cheaper

Raw was ok yesterday, I actually thought Flair had a Chance for a title, it would of been great for him to hold until an house show or something, One more run for the Nat, Whoooo

I'm getting tired of the Lita edge sex thing, its old by now, you both have herpes now so stop it

Flair never had a chance because he was in his home town. Vince likes to humiliate wrestlers in their home town.

The women's match may have been the worst match in the history of wrestling. I lost track of how many blown spots there were. Candace Michelle,Torrie Wilson and Ashley have no business being in the ring.

Today in History

(2000) The WCW World Heavyweight Title is vacated by Chris Benoit. Benoit, Saturn, Malenko and Eddie Guerrero are released by WCW.

i like kurt angle being the champion and all, but cmom....do we have to watch him wrestle mark freakin henry??? my left nut puts on a better show than hersheys chocolate.

joe....youre A god, not THE god.

John Heidenreich Officially Released From His WWE Contract

Source: WWE.com & PWInsider.com

John Heidenreich was released from his WWE contract earlier today. According to sources, John checked himself into a hospital several weeks ago claiming he had an ear infection. When the agents went to check up on him and schedule him for the next house show loop, he claimed he couldn't do it anymore and didn't want to be on the road. He then flew home and hasn't been seen since.

Many backstage belie Heidenreich was dealing with some family issues. It may be a case of WWE releasing him so he can take care of some personal business and then return at some point in the future.

Road Warrior Animal is scheduled to work with Matt Hardy in the coming weeks. From WWE.com: World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms with Heidenreich on his release from the company. WWE wishes Heidenreich the best in all his future endeavors.

All I can say is........ :laugh::clap::clap:

Keibler is currently in Los Angeles for the show, where she shares a place with Torrie Wilson. Wilson spends most of her time at her home with Billy Kidman in Florida however, and Keibler at her home in Baltimore

About 3 miles from my house!!!.... :clap:

Edited by Alterego

I miss the WWE thread :clap:

Well I thought since we talk alot more about TNA in here now Pro Wrestling was a better suited title, but I also miss the King :clap:

Edited by Takara_Soong