Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Theatrical VS. TV Movies

Which do you prefer?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Theatrical Movies
    • TV Movies
    • I prefer both formats.

I was just thinking, which do you prefer: theatrical or TV movies, or do you like both formats?

I myself love getting together with a friend or family member and going to the theater to go see a cinematic movie. However, I also enjoy the luxury of being able to plop on the couch for a good TV movie. Thus, I voted that I like both formats. :lol:

The theatre, the lights, the crowds, the expensive refreshments. Infinitely more preferable to TV movies where I'm getting up during commercials to do the dishes or take out the garbage.

The stories are typically better, and the special effects on the big screen cannot be matched on my television set.

I prefer the theatre, thank you. :lol:

I enjoy sitting down and watching a tv movie but I prefer the theater for my movie viewing.

I prefer Theatrical Movies..Much better seeing a great movie on a big screen..And I have a hard time watching a TV movie that stops for commercials every 15 minutes..The only way I'll watch a TV movie is if I tape it and watch it later..So I can FF thru the commercials.

anyways, this is a no-brainer. theatrical! im a big movie fan so it has to be PERFECT: the sound, the picture, the atmosphere. the theatre pulls that off quite well. especially in the Cineplex Odeon (Loews Cinema for the Americans) where it is THX approved. not just with the use of THX, but CERTIFIED. that means a person came from THX and watched a movie and gave it a huge plaque of approval. now thats good sound.

Stardate:213545.6

I prefer both.If its a good movie in the thaeters Ill watch it.If its a good movie on tv Ill watch it.If i had to choose though Id probably choose Thearter.

:clap:I prefer both. At least that could get me out of the house. But, I end up hearing how expensive it is, so I settle for movies on tape/TV. No, I don't like the commercials, But heck I'm not aloud to be choosey. :clap:

It depends!! I have been to the movies, and had some really bad experieinces, people talking, kids crying, and running around. :clap: Mostly I prefer to wait until the movies I want to see come out on video.

Same here! I use to wait until movies are released on DVD/Video... Only if I am REALLY interested I go to see them on the biiiig screen :clap:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Either or both... I really dislike commercials, but at the same time watching tv movies make it so I dont have to pay the high price of a mivie ticket. It really depends on what the subject of eitherthe theatrical or tv movie is, on whether I watch it, so I chose both

Theatrical. Commercials suck.

ya commercials suck, but now they have those annoying ones before the movies start! I HATE THEM! stuff like coca-cola and toyota (yuck) are the most common ones. we are getting a bit do commercialized. my opinion, who care about commercials??

i picked both, it depends on the movie there are some good tv movies that just couldnt be theatrical movies, but of course i obviously love my big screen movies. so it just depends on the movie.

The theatre, the lights, the crowds, the expensive refreshments.  Infinitely more preferable to TV movies where I'm getting up during commercials to do the dishes or take out the garbage.

The stories are typically better, and the special effects on the big screen cannot be matched on my television set.

I prefer the theatre, thank you. :wow:

My sentiments exactly!