Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Seattle Seahawks

My home team is doing great this year and now has home field advantage for all playoff games. With a record of 13-2 and them finally learning to play like a team I see them getting very close to the Super Bowl. This would be a first time in the Super Bowl for the Hawks and would mean a great deal to the people of Seattle and all Western Washington. Seattle fans have been in bad shape after the loss our baseball team had in the end of the playoffs ending a great year with 116 games won in the season.

Go Hawks, Go!

I predict, though, they will finish the year at 13-3. I doubt, since they have HFA and an FRB locked up, they will play Hasselbeck and Alexander, much less anyone else in their starting rotation, much past the 1st Quarter. We may also see an appearence by Aaron Rogers (Gag!) by the Packers this week, but I think Brett would like to get one more win this season. Still, nice work, Hawks. And I hope like hell they beat the Bears, should it come down to that. Go Hawks, Down with the Bears!

(Side note: As a Packer's fan, I am obliged to note that, regardless of records, Da bears still suck. Go Seahawks. Holmgren and Hasselbeck came from Green Bay, so I will cheer for them this post season)

Barring any upsets I see the Seahawks and Colts in the Super Bowl. Sad to say for the Seahawks though I think this is the Colts season.

I'll be happy for the Seahawks if they get there though, and I have their entire season on DVD to boot lol.

If its the Seahawks VS the Colts in the SuperBowl, I'll be rooting for the Seahawks all the way.

If its the Seahawks VS the Colts in the SuperBowl, I'll be rooting for the Seahawks all the way.

Being a Jaguar fan... definately will root on the Seahawks if this becomes the pairing for Super Bowl since the Colts are in our division and have handed us two of our losses this season!

And since Holmgren and Hasselbeck are former Packers, and I am a Packer fan (regardless of this season so far) again I would cheer for the Seahawks.

I hope the best two teams make it to the Super Bowl, whomever they are, since that makes it more likely one would see a good game, rather than the blowouts that often occur in the Super Bowl. At the moment that would seem to be Seattle and Indianapolis. Neither have won the Superbowl, at least in their current cities, and I like to see different teams succeed. Of course if another team gets hot in the playoffs, then more power to them, whomever they might be.

I have been a Bears fan for over two decades, but I "bear" (pun intended) no personal animiosity toward the other traditional members of the old Black and Blue Division - Detroit, Green Bay or Minnesota. Frankly I think it makes things more interesting when an entire division is strong, not just one or two teams. If the Bears were not going to be in the playoffs, I would probably root for whomever was the representative of the tradtional Black and Blue division, be it the Lions, the Vikings or the Packers. I don't expect the Bears to advance to the Super Bowl or even the NFC Chempionship, though it would be great for Bears fans and Chicago if they did.

The Bears have had the benefit of a relatively easy schedule, limited though mounting injuries, and some luck at times. They do have a very good defense in general, which can result in a certain number of victories and make up for a less than potent offense. None the less, they did win the division and have won a minimum of 11 games which is an accomplishment in the NFL no matter how it is accomplished. There have certainly been years when the Bears did "suck", and the offense has "sucked" at times this year, but this team has generally overcome those problems. Therefore I believe that saying "the Bears suck" is wrong this year, beyond being crude, rude, sour grapes, or all three. Such a comment, IMO, reflects (and I mean no personal offense, or to start a fight) on the person who makes it, and perhaps even on the team they support, if it is a widespread opinion of all that team's fans.

Edited by trekz

I was talking to my brother this evening about Football (He's a Redskins fan so he has something to cheer about this year) and he pointed something out about the Seahawks that may not bode too well for them in the post season.

If you look at their schedule they've only beaten 2 Playoff teams, the Giants and the Colts and the COlts sat a lot of their starters. They've only beaten 4 teams with winning records and that may wind up being 3 teams if the Falcons lose to the Panthers on Sunday.

As you cam see from the schedule and the win/loss record of the teams the Seahawks schedule was pretty weak. That's not to say the Seahawks didn't earn their record, but when they get to the playoffs they'll be playing only good teams, no weak teams.

It will be interesting to see if the Seahawks are for real or just the product of a weak schedule.

@Jacksonville Lost 11-4

Atlanta Won 8-7

Arizona Won 5-10

@Washington Lost 9-6

@St. Louis Won 5-10

Houston Won 2-13

Dallas Won 9-6

@Arizona Won 5-10

St. Louis Won 5-10

@San Francisco Won 3-12

N.Y. Giants Won 10-5

@Philadelphia Won 6-9

San Francisco Won 5-10

@Tennessee Won 4-11

Indianapolis Won 13-2

@Green Bay 1:00pm 3-12

Seahawks now 13-4 with a loss to Green Bay. The post season still looks good and the team is getting much needed rest. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Seahawks game starts soon and I hope they win. If the don't I'm not going to Seattle tonight.

Don't get your hopes up Matthew. This will be the last week the Seahawks play. Next week they will be watching the games on TV just like us.

Don't get your hopes up Matthew. This will be the last week the Seahawks play. Next week they will be watching the games on TV just like us.

I'll hold you to that Kor.

GO SEAHAWKS, that way they can be BEAR food next week. :nono:

Finally, someone else who likes, and doesn't hate, the Bears! Thank you, Boozehound.

I also echo, Go Seahawks! I like to see different teams in playoffs, not the same teams year after year.

Edited by trekz

They won... beat that!!!

Go Sea Chickens!!!

What can I say? I'm typing with one hand and eating crow with the other!.. :nono:

Congratulations to the Seahawks. I didn't think they could pull it off and they did! Now I hope they go all the way!

I was just watching the local news... Komo 4 News (where I get all the Ken Schram comm) and the head sports guy said this line I really like...

"The Seahawks are boldly going where no Seahawk has gone before... the Super Bowl."

He also stated that yes... there are the Panthers to get through, but with home field, Alexander, Hasselbeck, and with the will to win they'll make it.

I was watching The Replacements and it reminded me of my home team... No one thought we make it this far and we showed them wrong and tomorrow we will do it again and go to the Big Dance!

I was watching The Replacements and it reminded me of my home team...

:clap: I LOVE that movie!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm, now I gotta watch that movie!! :blush 2: Mom jokes about the fact that I can pretty much quote the entire film as it plays... but what can I say? It is a good and funny film.

Do to being sick and to much Seahawk news I am just going to post a link to where I get my Seahawks news.

hawk_banner_link.jpg