Favorite Capain

64 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Capain

• James T. Kirk
    • Jean-Luc Picard
    • Benjamin Sisko
    • Kathryn Janeway
    • Johnathan Archer

I don't think I need to do much explaining here, but out of all the series, who was your favorite captain.

And as for a little clarifacation (I know this sometimes comes up) it's favorite, not best command decisions :laugh:

Mine is Kathryn Janeway.

I voted for Kirk because, well....he's Kirk.

It was a really difficult because I like them all.

Picard comes in at a close second.

Archer would have to be third-I'm a Bakula fan, what more can I say?

Being a TNG fan all the way, I voted for Picard...not that I dislike any of the others...

Same... :o

lol, me too. I voted for picard, especially because I love tng, but I think they're all great. Janeway would probably be my second choice ;) (for star trek haven members, my desision has nothing to do with the "how are you liking ENT?" post. :bow: I'm serious! I do like her! ;) lol

JEAN-LUC PICARD

- nice

- good-looking

- strong

- you can trust him

- reliable

I think I have to stop this now :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Being a TNG fan all the way, I voted for Picard...not that I dislike any of the others...

Same... ;)

lol, me too. I voted for picard, especially because I love tng, but I think they're all great. Janeway would probably be my second choice :( (for star trek haven members, my desision has nothing to do with the "how are you liking ENT?" post. ;) I'm serious! I do like her! :o lol

LOL!

Yeah, I'm not surprised Picard is winning, this is a very TNG based board. Not that I'm complaining! :bow: :(

I went with Picard, though more because I think the actor playing him really put a lot of power behind the character.

I went with Sisko, and not just because I love DS9. I love it because of the characters in it, not the other way around. He's strong, forceful, makes good decisions (for the most part), with a very good idea (at least for most of the series) who he is and what he is there to do. He's sensitive, a good father, an excellent friend, and willing to do anything to save his people.

Kirk would be second, although TOS is still my favorite. Picard, third. Janeway fourth. Archer doesn't track, only 'cause I've seen only one episode. I love Scott Bakula, though!

For me it was a toss up with Kirk and Sisko. I picked Sisko since DS9 is my favorite of all the STar Trek shows. I think Avery Brooks brought so much passion to the character. I also think DS9 was a more Character driven series then any of the other ones. The lives if the crew were intertwined with the stories so much more.

I also think DS9 was a more Character driven series then any of the other ones. The lives if the crew were intertwined with the stories so much more.

I totaly agree!

That's exactly why DS9 is my favorite ST serie too.

:bow:Janeway! I am a VOY FAN, here. I've watched them all TOS, TNG, DS9, moves in between, and Voy. Out of all the Captains IMO, Janeway got my attention. It was nice to see a female in that role, for a change. I guess that's just the Female in me, talking. :o ;);)

Where's the Colonel Kira option (to represent the DS9 Relaunch in the books)? :D

I'm just curious...Chataeya mentioned voting for Janeway because "It was nice to see a female in that role, for a change". Do women tend to vote for Janeway because she is a woman?

I can only speak for myself, and so I have to disagree. I like the idea of a woman commanding a starship, no problem, buuuuut I voted for Jean-Luc because I think he is better than Janeway.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Captain Kirk is my favorite Captain..I may vote for Sisko after I see all of DS9..I've only seen 2 seasons...

being the first, and best i had to go with kirk, closely followed by sisko, and archer, then a more distant fourth, picard, and a dead last janeway.

Im sorry, but its a tie between Kirk and Picard. They both are virtually unstoppable killin machines :biggrin: