Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Computer Troubles

Incase any of you were wondering, i haven't been here because i have been having computer troubles. Hopefully, they will be resolved tonite, but i will have to see. I am on my friends computer right now. Be back soon! (Oh, the computer problem is that it won't come out of hibernation..)

Turn it off by the plug. Then turn it on. Then press Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I know another way but it's too complicated to explain

Actually I am assuming he had it set to save the state on hybernate and restore state on wake in which case his problem makes sense as if there was a power outage it would not be able to return from hibernation as the state was saved in the RAM. Tough luck.

Ouch.

Sorry to hear that LOTB.

Wish I was more computer savvy, and could help.

Hope your PC gets better soon.

:blink:

Before you do that, do this:

Make sure all connections inside the computer are good. If you are not sure, disconnect it and reconnect it. The same thing happened with my brand new computer; the video card was loose.

If you have any AGP or PCI-e cards, take them out and try to start the computer.

Try to boot to a bootable CD. You may want to try knoppix (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html), as it does not even use the hard drive.

I've done all that.. still don't work. Now, i've had everyone that i talk to apart from my teacher say that it is most probably the motherboard.. Thank god that my compuker is only 6-7 months old.. WARRANTIES RULE! im on my aunties laptop right now, so i won't be on long. Taking it to the closest computer techy tommorrow.. (an hour away).. at 55 bucks an hour, and 30-40 bucks to send the motherboard away, i hope i can get it done A-sap... Anyways, im gonna go check my other email and post at some other forums..I am still alive and kicking *Hears everyone curse* Hey! :) Anyways.. see you in the outer limits of my mind! At least until my computer gets workin' again! (My mind can be reached at 555-555-5555):)