Sign in to follow this  
MANVERU

Post your desktop!

Could everyone please post what their desktop looks like?

don't worry about how messy it is.

Here's mine:

desktop1.jpg

If you don't know how to do it. View your desktop, and press a button on the key pad (top right) called "prt sc". If you have a laptop, you will proberbly need to press some other keys aswell, like "ctrl, shift, alt, Fn".

Had a pic of a really adoreable Ocelot on mine for a while.. but this is my current one and has been since my recent competition :(

post-106-1134001775.jpg

Here's how I did it. I used the print screen button, then copied it into paint. I saved it on paint to create a copy. Then I went to start, programs, accessories and imaging where I saved it as a jpeg file. I hope that works.

I'd show you my desktop but I've never been able to get that 'Print Screen' button to work. What's the secret? I'm sure you all know what Trek character is on my desktop anyway.. :dontgetit:

I'd show you my desktop but I've never been able to get that 'Print Screen' button to work. What's the secret? I'm sure you all know what Trek character is on my desktop anyway.. :dontgetit:

Apparently, the "printScrn" button needs a program to work that doesn't automatically come with all computers. I think you can download it somewhere for free but I'm not sure.

Apparently, the "printScrn" button needs a program to work that doesn't automatically come with all computers. I think you can download it somewhere for free but I'm not sure.

Ahh..OK..No wonder it won't work for me... :blink:

I see you have to world of Warcraft Start menu, I had that for a while. And ill post mine when i get back onto my computer.

Ahh..OK..No wonder it won't work for me... :blink:

All Windows computers have the necessary software.

Hitting the Print Screen button will put the image of what ever is on your screen onto a virtual "clipboard". To get it off of the "clipboard" and into a program for saving/editing do this...

Hit the print screen button then open MS Paint. You should be able to open Paint by going to "Start" then "Programs" and then "Accessories" (if you already have an old pic on your desktop just right click on the pic and click "Edit" and it should also open Paint).

Once in MS Paint you can get the image in a couple of different ways.

1. Hold the Ctrl button down and then hit the V button (CTRL+V).
  2. Right Click in the empty area and click Paste.
  3. Go to the top of the screen and click "Edit" then click Paste.

That should put the image from your clipboard into the Paint screen. Then all you have to do is save it to a location that you will be able to find when you want it.

Ahh...Alright, I've just never knew how to do it..

So, here's my current desktop..

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Lets see if this works:

Hey!....It worked. The kid on the desktop is my son.

post-1043-1134259937.jpg

Edited by Kor37

I'm just looking at all of these and realizing how many people have poor resolution and are still using IE o.O

Not a bad thing, I'm just not used to it....

The picutre that's on this computer is a family photo, and the one I've got on my computer is a variation of the same one MANVERU's got, except I edited a pic of Janeway in it. Wish I had a copy of the pic to post...