3 members have voted

1. 1. What type of tree do you have?

• real, cut yourself
    • real, from a lot
    • artificial green
    • artificial other
    • no tree
    • other

I have an artificial tree, like every year. I do not mind though, because my entire driveway and the forest around my house (North Carolina) is covered in pines. I am just jealous of TSonofvulcan- he has a Romulan warbird ornament. I need to buy some Trek ornaments...

I will have no tree this year. First its a lot of work to put one up from myself and Astro. Second a family from the States move into my nieghoborhood and I gave them my Christmas stuff. I need to get raid some stuff before I move.

Artificial, it's about 4 foot with rotating colors delivered to the branch tips on fiber optics. We've had it for three years now and though we miss not having a real tree we feel it's the right thing to do.

100816[/snapback]

Same this year.

289729[/snapback]

Same for us, but ours is 3ft tall. I absolutely love it!

289799[/snapback]

We sprung the extra $10 for the slightly taller one. :wow::dude: Jems been making little paper snowflakes to hangoff ( :dude: ) the fiber optics.

This year we are using our artificial tree. We were going to go with real, but with all that is going on at our house...not much time to do so. Emil Soong(my sister) is heading to the hospital as I write this, to see how far into labor she is and whether or not she is ready to go. She was due the 21st, but it looks like she may be early.

Do you do the tree thing? When do you put it up? What type of tree? Have you heard of those upside down trees?

My mom, who is quite elderly, has reached the point where she doesn't like all the fuss so we got her one of those small prelit trees - all she has to do is pull it out of a box and hang a couple of balls on it.

I have enough ornaments for two trees - Christmas may be over before I decide which theme to go with.

I'm debating now whether I want to invite my little nieces over to "help" I'm not sure how much "help" they'd be and my order for the DVD I wanted to watch with them got refunded.

:laugh:

I prefer real trees to fake ones, species matters not, but my sister's asthma forbids it. Our theme: as many ornaments, lights, and tinsel as we can fit on the durn thing. For a Christmas tree, there is no such thing as "gaudy." We don't usually put it up until about early to mid-December though.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

I get 2 real trees every year. 1 big one for the living room and 1 small one for the basement. I always get a blue spruce. The small one is for the sole purpose of hanging all of my Trek ornaments on. My wife won't allow them on the big tree..... :laugh:

I always get a real tree, much nicer than the artificial ones. There's no Christmas scent off an artificial tree.

we live in the forest, but we have one big artificial tree. It saves us from having to chop down a new one every year. This year we put it up in our house around the start of November, but usually it's the day after Thanksgiving

Last year we had a real christmas tree, I went out with my family on crutches to pick it. The only trouble was, I kept falling into it with my crutches when looking at it.... :laugh: I'm just so glad this year I can walk and sneak all the chocolates nobody got for me last year. :P

I have an artificial tree, mostly because the kittens destroyed the real tree I got the first year they were born.

I put it in my living room, usually off to the side of the fireplace.

There is a birthday in the house the first week of December, so I always wait until AFTER the birthday to put up the tree.

Typically I put it up while alone, and string up the lights and then my roomies and I find a time when we can all put up the ornaments together.

I have an artificial tree's with lights already on them. My mom is allergic to our old white fake tree and now my dad doesn't have to do anything Christmas tree related now. We always put ours up about a weeks or so after Thanksgiving. And everytime we put it up we have to rearrange the whole living room.

The traditional day for putting up the tree over here is the 8th of December, usually later.

Does everybody in the US erect theirs after Thanksgiving, is that the tradition?

I dont think Christmas trees smell that strong, I am allergic to almost everything but Christmas trees Don't bother me, I cant wait to get my tree on Friday whooooo