Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

How do you want to die?

Anyway you want, real or not. You can get killed by a Klingon in the heat of battle, an ostrich stampede, or the boring yet normal dying an old age in the company of your loved ones. *yawn*

Me, I want to go by chestburster. A very painful end but the coolest of all.

I'm never going to die, i'm superman...

but if i was going to die, i would like be killed... by having a heard of wild hippies tear me apart because they thought i had some candy in my pocket! :lol:

It is kind of a morbid subject, well A LOT morbid....

But to answer the question, peacefully in my sleep at a VERY old age (85 or more years old).

I have had a few experiences in my life already where people go and wonder how I lived through it (such as my car wreck in 2004, and few VERY severe falls in gymnastics...one where I got lucky I had performed the skill with bad form, it made it so I was severely injured versus dead or paralyzed from the neck down).

Had more than my share of severe accidents in my 25 years of life, so I really would not desire such for my end nor do I wish to ever again experience stuff like that again (another example an 8 foot fall to my face, one of unfortunately a few crashes off the uneven bars in gymnastics. Did not complete the rotation in the air and fell face first from the high bar which is about 8 1/2 feet high)... luckily only sustaining whiplash, concussion and a broken nose)!!

Edited by Yillara_Skye

As a Joe Diffy Song once put it, "I ain't afriad of dyin, its the thought of bein' dead"....if I am to die, though, I would have to think the boring old age thing just won't do for my personality. if I could go out like the Captain of the USS Johnston did at the Battle of Leyte Gulf in 1944, That would work. in a heated battle against an enemy that far overmatches me...

This topic kind of reminds me of the movie Troy - boring movie btw - and I don't remember their exact phrase but they kept talking about dying with glory (or being immortalized etc). Anybody can die in a "blaze of glory" but a lot fewer people can live lives of honor and it's the latter that leave the real legacy.

So, to answer your question - I want to die knowing someone is better off for my having lived.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

When I was young I thought I would die during a romantic interlude. As I grow older and older and older I believe the chances of that are quite slim. That however remains my first choice :lol:

Hmm... I want to choose when I die (if this were only possible *lol*). I mean, I wouldn't want to die because of a disease or something, I'd most likely commit suicide - before I become a burden for everyone around me *shudder*.

Aside from that, dying while asleep sounds peaceful. Or, like I said, suicide. Oh yeah, I could perhaps become that desperate one day, who knows?

I want to die protecting those I love. Whether it's pushing them out of the way of a car in the street, or taking a bullet meant for them. How I will go is different. Knowing my luck, I'll either die in a car wreck or take my own life.

This topic kind of reminds me of the movie Troy - boring movie btw - and I don't remember their exact phrase but they kept talking about dying with glory (or being immortalized etc). Anybody can die in a "blaze of glory" but a lot fewer people can live lives of honor and it's the latter that leave the real legacy.

So, to answer your question - I want to die knowing someone is better off for my having lived.

I think that's part of the reason I became a teacher and a coach. I can possitively influence someone's life, Perhaps even help them to make their lives better by being a teacher and a coach.

I would say in my sleep.

But I've always worried about whether or not I'd know I was dead (I, my spirit "soul",etc) or would I simply believe I was dreaming and be trapped in that dream-mode, never understanding why I wasn't waking up and watching the world move on around me. That would be hellish. :bow:

I don't spend too much time thinking about death.

I think that's part of the reason I became a teacher and a coach. I can possitively influence someone's life, Perhaps even help them to make their lives better by being a teacher and a coach.

That was one of the reasons I trained for and became a gymnastics coach for five years.. until the injury forced me to retire. I loved working with the kids and I hoped that I could influence them in a positive way. Many of them went on to become wonderful athletes, in gymnastics and other sports. I loved getting to help them with their homework and tutor them from time to time as well.

I’d rather “ascend”, or was it "descend”? :bow:

Well… I can see myself dying any ways… most preferably in a sword fight using Star Wars-ish swords.

I watched my father suffer not that way.

want to go like my mother she was walking to the car

masssive heart attack never knew what hit her

If I had a choice it would be being chased by about 20 topless women over a clif.

LOL

Come to think of it - I agree. :laugh:

My only question: why run?

Because they are the female equivelent of Warren Sapp?

:laugh: Oh good grief!

Actually when I first read what fredboca said, all I could think of was that one scene from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

Hmm... How do I want to die... Good question.

By Death himself approaching me, sliging his hand into my body, gripping my still-beating heart with his cold, dead, bony fingers, and squeezing it until it bursts, all the while staring me in the eye.

Edited by wishfire

Like my mama, walking up the road, a little breathless, and then just closed her eyes, dropped and that was all they wrote for her, peaceful and serene. Its the others I worry about. I would like to be in bed, maybe not asleep, but with someone there, but still in a very painless way like my mama.

Now that I've thought about it some, I guess the manner of my death doesn't really matter.

Not so long as I live long enough to see my little nieces and nephews grown and happy with kids of their own. I'm pretty sure those kids (my nieces/nephews) will be the closest I ever come to having children of my own, and I already love them all like my own kids anyway. So, If I can do that I'll be happy.

Edited by admiralpeewee

In my work store. The ground just eats me up as my supervisor is talking. Or the oven cooks me alive with all the chocolate cookies. Or I get wrapped alive with all the bread, or a customer buys me.

It's not a questen of how I will die... I know how I will die. It's one of two ways...

1. In some big event where everyone finds out who the true me is. I would be most likely alone.

2. I would die very old... I would die after my kids if I had any.. alone.