Sign in to follow this  
Odo

Christmas Music

Christmas songs  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which month do you start listening to Christmas songs?

• October
    • November
    • December
    • Never
    • Always
    • Other

October

November

December

Here i detroit we have a radio station

thatt starts playing nothing but xmas music

on Nov.1st little early me think. (100.3)

That was to be a poll

can some one fix it

THANKS.

We have the same thing here. The day after Halloween, one of the stations started playing 24 hour Christmas music.

the oldies station #ws on Black friday in the Burgh starts its XMas music, I like it, I feel like watching my Roudolph DVD now

There should be some rule say no Christmas music and all stuff that goes with it at least after Thanksgiving. Its way to early for Christmas stuff.

Edited by Odie

LOL. I caught myself singing "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" today at work. I have no idea where it came from though. Just all of the sudden it came out.

I actually have heard that song.

Hmmm, maybe if start now I might make it through all of those Christmas CD's.

when i was at the mall last week they had christmas music on. i'm also annoyed by how early christmas items start appearing on the shelves. this year august. was when stuff started to appear.

tm :lol:

MY radio stations plays the occasional christmas music.. but it usually don't start till december 1st or so. Nov. 1st IS WAY TOO EARLY! Luckily, right now my radio station is playing rock and such..

I work at a radio station and we don't start playing Christmas music until December and then only once or twice an hour until a few days before. I have not checked the station that plays it all the time but I don't think they do that until december either.

Fresno has a station called KJWL (I think)....it's called K-Jewel, anyhoo.

It starts playing X-Mas music at the stroke of midnight after Thanksgiving Day and plays nothing but Christmas tunes until New Year's Eve. I love it. Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Nat King Cole, Sammy Davis....it doesn't get much better than that. :lol:

I also have a favorite traditional country music station (online) that plays Christmas music in December.

Yes, they are early with Christmas music. I've heard alot of Christmas music the last week on the radio!

:lol:

Christmas starts in September in Britain. :lol: But I do like the music!

*Spins around on chair and whizzes off onto the floor*

Ouch....:lol:

October

November

December

Ours has one station that will start at noon on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, I can agree with the fact that bringing Christmas up early is not the best idea. Closer to the time, like late November would be fine.

EEEP! :lol: That means at work I gotta hear the same six Holiday tunes until Christmas eve.... I think I am going to bring earplugs for the rest of the time! Sadly, to try and not upset any one group... they make it so on these stations there are no religious based Christmas songs in the play list. Just the Snow and Santa stuff (I like songs like Let It Snow... but the Santa songs are not high on my list at ALL! I shy away from discussions of religion, but my favorite songs of the season all are not allowed on that station because they speak on religious topics. Like "O Come Emmanuel", "O Holy Night", "Silent Night" and others)

October

November

December

That was to be a poll

can some one fix it

THANKS.

Fixed.

We usually start listening after Thanksgiving. Our Christian radio station also plays them during "Christmas in July" for a couple weeks.

Where's the 'never' option? :flex: I never listen to Christmas songs. :lol: (Does anyone over here know the ever-annoying song 'Last Christmas' by 'Wham!'? Oh, I hate it. Songs like that are the reason why I never switch on the radio at this time of year :lol: :) )

Where's the 'never' option? :bow: I never listen to Christmas songs. :) (Does anyone over here know the ever-annoying song 'Last Christmas' by 'Wham!'? Oh, I hate it. Songs like that are the reason why I never switch on the radio at this time of year :bow: :) )

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away....

hehehe. That song is pretty annoying. Christmas music over the last 25 years has been, shall we say, less than stellar. I swear if I hear one more faux-soul, adult-contemporary-pablum, "Oh baby I want/miss/love/kiss you this Christmas" type song, I'm gonna roast my chestnuts over an open fire, simply because it's bound to be less painful.

LOL. I caught myself singing "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" today at work. I have no idea where it came from though. Just all of the sudden it came out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK!!! :bow:

My sister cannot seem to STOP singing that song! And she does have a good singing voice, but she deliberately sings kinda through her nose so she sounds just like the person who sings that song!! She likes it so much that she actually chose to do that as her sign song when she was taking American Sign Language in HS!

It is not too bad, I guess.. but it gets old and annoying fast!

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away....

:) :bow: :)

That is one that plays all the time on the radio at work, and I cannot stand it!

I'm glad I'm not the only one in here who dislikes "Last Christmas". :bow:

To me, it rates right up there with the song "Santa Baby".

It is ok, I guess when Madonna or Marilyn Monroe did it... but it is much more annoying, and not to mention kinda creepy, to hear a guy singing it!