Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Should ENT Do One TV Movie

Would You Guys Like It If ENT Returned One Last Time For A TV Movie?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Guys Like It If ENT Returned One Last Time For A TV Movie?

• Yeah!
    • No

The Enterprise DVDs have been selling very well, because of pre-order, last week Enterprise season four was #12 on the most purchased DVDs at Amazon and it's not even released yet! And I went to the Trek BBS at trek today and had A LOT of fans saying they miss ENT, more than I was expecting. Which lead me to this question, Would you like to see ENT come back one more time in the future as a TV movie?

I agree that there is 99.99999% probability that this isn't going to happen, but if for some reason that this miracle did happen, would it be a welcomed return? Walker Texas Ranger just had a new TV movie come on TV last week, so anything is possible.

I think there are mores stories that could be told about this crew. Of course they should do a movie.

I don't like the TV movie idea. If it's going to have a movie it will be big screen ONLY.

I think the problem is that unless things went incredibly well, Star Trek would lose out by releasing any kind of Enterprise movie, especially at this time. A box office movie would be highly unlikely to attract anywhere near enough people to vindicate the series or make a profit. And a straight-to-TV movie... Well, I shudder to think about the state of the Star Trek legacy if it was reduced to puttering out TV movies; if this happened it would most assuredly be seized upon as further evidence of Trek's decline by the media. Right now, the Star Trek franchise cannot afford to be perceived to have made another huge and expensive flop.

In any case, I'd have a hard time justifying an Enterprise movie by itself. The previous Trek movies, even though things became a little creaky towards the end of both series’ respective runs, were based on two series which were iconic and were hugely popular both within and without Trekdom. Enterprise simply doesn't have anywhere near this kind of status. (This has nothing to do with quality; I don't think that DS9 or Voyager has it either)

It sounds like a hunger for Star Trek is beginning to build up among some fans, it is incredibly important that this be allowed to grow and develop. When Enterprise launched there was no real hunger for new Trek, the market was simply bloated and saturated with other recent series and movies, and this hurt Enterprise badly. Right now Star Trek needs time to pause and take stock of things, the fans need time to pull their heads out of the sand, appreciate what we had and begin longing for new Trek, and people outside of the fan base need a respite to allow them to become interested in the potential of Star Trek again. Without this drive, this urge, this hunger; and the time to let it grow; any new major instalment to the legacy of Star Trek can only end in failure.

Star Trek needs a reprieve, and so do we.

Not a tv movie. A direct to DVD movie perhaps, but not a direct to tv movie. If the ST: The Beginning movie is made I wouldn't object to there being characters from Enterprise in it although it sounds like it is going to focus on one now unknown character and not a crew.

Usually, a direct to tv movie is terrible and just a waste of time, name one direct to tv movie that was good, and faithful to the original it was based on.

I have to say, not just no, but HELL no! My chief reason is that they did so many arcs and overlapping storylines, that it seemed like it wasn't a TV series, just a series of TV movies chopped up over weekly spreads. I really really REALLY hated that about Enterprise, more than I hated Berman and Braga's interpretation of Vulcan society.

Also, TV movies just wouldn't do any Star Trek justice. If you do that, you might as well drop the other shoe and make it a CHRISTMAS special, and have it be about T'Pol and Phlox making special inquiries into the human customs around Christmastime. Seriously, bad bad idea.

Plus, DS9 and VOY are due first.

Usually, a direct to tv movie is terrible and just a waste of time, name one direct to tv movie that was good, and faithful to the original it was based on.

not to mention they killed off trip in the last episode. if anything, they'd do a movie before he dies and before the xindi attacks earth. but i don't see a movie for enterprise happening not now, not ever....unless bakula agrees to it.

The Sci-Fi Channel or HD Net could do a two-hour movie for television.

And I wouldn't hesitate to watch it.

Sure would, but don't see it happening

As Captain Spock is fond of saying..."I like to think that there are always possibilities."

thats because spock had a 96% chance of being correct. but i guess your right, i probably do see it happening only if the producers and writers agree to do it.

thats because spock had a 96% chance of being correct. but i guess your right, i probably do see it happening only if the producers and writers agree to do it.

Not to mention the actor's availability must come into play.

There is no justification for such a project. All indications are that the franchise is moving onto other things. There's no reason to go back to Star Trek Enterprise.

There is no justification for such a project. All indications are that the franchise is moving onto other things. There's no reason to go back to Star Trek Enterprise.

Justification is irrelevant. If the fans want it, then they should continue to ask for it. Your dislike of the show is duly noted. :yahoo:

I have to say, not just no, but HELL no! My chief reason is that they did so many arcs and overlapping storylines, that it seemed like it wasn't a TV series, just a series of TV movies chopped up over weekly spreads. I really really REALLY hated that about Enterprise, more than I hated Berman and Braga's interpretation of Vulcan society.

Also, TV movies just wouldn't do any Star Trek justice. If you do that, you might as well drop the other shoe and make it a CHRISTMAS special, and have it be about T'Pol and Phlox making special inquiries into the human customs around Christmastime. Seriously, bad bad idea.

Plus, DS9 and VOY are due first.

Excellent points, YBHYR! The interpretation of Vulcan society irked me at times too.

Now the CHRISTMAS special, with inquires into human customs, could also have a tie-in with a QVC or Hallmark marketing campaign of ENT Christmas ornaments. :yahoo:

And I strongly agree that DS9 and VOY are due a movie first! :)

well if there will be a DS9 movie first, they would have to use the dialouge from the book Star Trek DS9: Unitiy

If they do any kind of Star Trek TV movie, it should really be a DS9 movie featuring the return of Sisko. But why do you think that they would have to use anything from "Unity"? The books are non-canon and ultimately mean nothing in regards to the TV show other than a good read.

well if there will be a DS9 movie first, they would have to use the dialouge from the book Star Trek DS9: Unitiy

If they do any kind of Star Trek TV movie, it should really be a DS9 movie featuring the return of Sisko. But why do you think that they would have to use anything from "Unity"? The books are non-canon and ultimately mean nothing in regards to the TV show other than a good read.

A DS9 Movie featuring the return of "The Sisko" would be very cool and I would welcome it in a minute. :yahoo:

unity is sisko's return....and worfs...odo...o'brien...the jem'hadar...

Justification is irrelevant. If the fans want it, then they should continue to ask for it. Your dislike of the show is duly noted. :yahoo:

Justification is not irrelevant, since no significant demand for a project of this sort exists. If the demand isn't there, then that is a "justification" for the project never being produced. Besides, if fans ask for it, other fans will inevitably oppose such calls.

Justification is irrelevant. If the fans want it, then they should continue to ask for it. Your dislike of the show is duly noted. :)

Justification is not irrelevant, since no significant demand for a project of this sort exists. If the demand isn't there, then that is a "justification" for the project never being produced. Besides, if fans ask for it, other fans will inevitably oppose such calls.

Gee...you mean fans such as yourself? :yahoo:

Justification is irrelevant. If the fans want it, then they should continue to ask for it. Your dislike of the show is duly noted. :roflmao:

Gee...you mean fans such as yourself? :roflmao:

Yes I do.