Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

What was the first episode you saw?

The first one I remember watching was called The Alternative Factor.

Click for Spoiler:

While orbiting what should be a dead planet, the U.S.S. Enterprise experiences a moment of "nonexistence." Starfleet Command fears an enemy invasion and orders Kirk to find out what caused the stellar system disturbance.

On the planet below, Kirk finds a man called Lazarus, who tells Kirk that the effect was caused by his enemy. Lazarus has been chasing him with the aid of a time/space craft and wants the Enterprise's dilithium crystals to continue his search. The captain refuses.

When Kirk takes Lazarus aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, it becomes apparent that there is something strange about their visitor. He has incredible mood swings, one minute sane and rational, the next exhibiting violent rage. He also has a bloody head wound that disappears, then reappears moments later.

Lazarus manages to steal the ship's dilithium and return to the planet. Kirk follows and discovers that Lazarus is two people — one sane and one a madman, with one from an anti-matter universe. The sane Lazarus informs Kirk that the beings can only appear in either universe one at a time. Should both men be in the same place at the same time, both universes would be destroyed. Kirk helps the sane Lazarus trap his counterpart in an intermediate time corridor where they can hurt neither the matter nor anti-matter universe, but where the two will be trapped in fight until the end of time.

I found it very confusing and a bit strange as I was quite young at the time and wasn't interested in Sci-Fi at all.

I just saw The Alternative Factor on Sci-Fi a couple of days ago. I hadn't seen that one in awhile.

The first one I saw was The Man Trap, the first one that aired.

I just don'T remember...

Wait.. I think it was The City on the Edge of Forever...

Well, that's the one I remember watching first

I think the first full episode of TOS I saw was Trouble with Tribbles :grin:

Same here! lol. The Trouble with Tribbles :biggrin:

I've been watching for too long and I was too young to try to remember the first episode. I've been a fan since before my memory begins. It's just always been there.

I vaguely remember watching a little of what I now know to be "Metamorphosis." I was very young then, though, and had no idea what was going on. I remember asking my mom about the lady, though. And I remember that the lady had a colorful dress. So I think it was that episode.

Much, much later, I remember watching "And the Children Shall Lead" most of the way through. So I'll count that as the first episode. I thought it was strange, but was still interested to see more of the show.

The first episode I saw was when Star Trek debut on September 8th 1966,it was "The Man Trap" I saw all the Star Trek episodes before they were reruns! Ok now I feel old. :laugh:

The Savage Curtain

Every time I see The Alternative Factor, it bothers me.

Click for Spoiler:

Just the thought of the two Lazarus's fighting forever - always at each other's throat - even if one SHOULD win someday, he'll be alone forever; there's no way back. Gives me the creeps to this day.

Of course, I had to see them in reruns but... *runs around screaming* ACK ?The first i ever saw was "Spock's Brain"!!!! ARRGHHH! :laugh:

Thank God the other ones were better that I saw!

Oh Yillara,I'm so sorry! "Spock's Brain" is the worst TOS episode ever made,I'm glad it did not spoil your like for Star Trek!

Luckily! :laugh: True, I really caught on to the whole Trek phenomenon with TNG, but thankfully the other TOS eps were much better than "Spock's Brain".

I have a vague memory of seeing "Bread and Circuses" in a Model Train store when I was a teenager..That show really captivated me..I knew then that there was something special about this show..I didn't know it at the time but I was hooked for life... :laugh:

Ok..thinking...

I'm almot sure..but not quite sure....but I think it may have been "Mudd's Women" or Maybe "Balance Of Terror."

I'm not really sure. I saw all TOS in Syndication before TNG even Aired...so..

Every time I see The Alternative Factor, it bothers me. 

Click for Spoiler:

Just the thought of the two Lazarus's fighting forever - always at each other's throat - even if one SHOULD win someday, he'll be alone forever; there's no way back.  Gives me the creeps to this day.

I've been thinking about this. Could this be the first time that we saw the concept of the good of the many outweighing the needs of the one? Lazarus sacrificed so much to save two universes.

Sorry for the off-topic!!! :laugh:

I first saw the one with that "perfect machine"...I think it was called nomad (the machine AND the episode, I mean). This was before I had really even heard much about star trek, and I couldn't stop laughing at how everyone was scared at this cardboard box. I haven't seen it since, but I don't think I thought it was a very good episode...

I know I'm telling my age now....But I saw the very first episode....when it first aired on network TV. :lol: :laugh::laugh:

The first I ever saw was Devil in the Dark. I still have a fond spot for it -- and Hortas. :biggrin:

Well, when I started with TOS...since Im 22, I started at the beginning to see it all. That was THE CAGE, with good old Captain Pike.

The first one I remember watching was called The Alternative Factor.

Click for Spoiler:

While orbiting what should be a dead planet, the U.S.S. Enterprise experiences a moment of "nonexistence." Starfleet Command fears an enemy invasion and orders Kirk to find out what caused the stellar system disturbance.

On the planet below, Kirk finds a man called Lazarus, who tells Kirk that the effect was caused by his enemy. Lazarus has been chasing him with the aid of a time/space craft and wants the Enterprise's dilithium crystals to continue his search. The captain refuses.

When Kirk takes Lazarus aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, it becomes apparent that there is something strange about their visitor. He has incredible mood swings, one minute sane and rational, the next exhibiting violent rage. He also has a bloody head wound that disappears, then reappears moments later.

Lazarus manages to steal the ship's dilithium and return to the planet. Kirk follows and discovers that Lazarus is two people — one sane and one a madman, with one from an anti-matter universe. The sane Lazarus informs Kirk that the beings can only appear in either universe one at a time. Should both men be in the same place at the same time, both universes would be destroyed. Kirk helps the sane Lazarus trap his counterpart in an intermediate time corridor where they can hurt neither the matter nor anti-matter universe, but where the two will be trapped in fight until the end of time.

I found it very confusing and a bit strange as I was quite young at the time and wasn't interested in Sci-Fi at all.

i didnt know what the 1st show i watched was but i 1st watched st tvh and saw spock :P it was so amazing! he was flawless in his robe! :P i wanted to watch st tos for the rest of my life from than on! :lol: spocks mine! *evil laughs* all mine! I GUESS I AM NOT A TREKKIE I AM A SPOCKIE AS MY FRIEND CALLS ME! :P

TOS was not my time, I started to watch TNG in around 1990 to 1991 I can't remember the first episode I saw sadly :blink:

i didnt know what the 1st show i watched was but i 1st watched st tvh and saw spock  :dude: it was so amazing! he was flawless in his robe! :o i wanted to watch st tos for the rest of my life from than on! :blink:  spocks mine! *evil laughs* all mine! I GUESS I AM NOT A TREKKIE I AM A SPOCKIE AS MY FRIEND CALLS ME! ;)

Gee, i wonder if that makes me a Data-ie? Too bad that sounds stupid! :lol: